**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cavalier with 4/55 champions. Not as bad as you would think

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
So just today I managed to get Cavalier with only 4/55 5*s. I felt pretty nervous going into it. Most of not all of the players in my alliance and previous alliances who are Cavalier have had at least 1 5/65 champion. However I knew it was now or never because I had just the right amount of shards to open up a 6* after it. Anyways here’s my breakdown and my experience but first my team(I’ll spoiler it bc it takes a lot of space)

I used a combination of:

4/55 Archangel
4/55 Ægon
4/55 Elsa bloodstone
1/25 Stealth spidey (6*)
4/55 Havok
4/55 Silver Surfer
3/45 Medusa

MVPs were Archangel, Medusa, Ægon. They wrecked it like it was a monthly EQ

Disclaimer: I did have boosts on. Mainly health and champion as I only had 1 10% attack boost. Anyways most players with 5/65/s would have plenty of boosts active on top of it.

People say it’s relatively easy compared to the rest of 6.1 because of a lack of super difficult fights. I beg to differ. No retreat basically means “either degenerate or block specials your choice”

Problem fights:

I took the path with Agent Venom. Only problem fight I encountered there was Red Skull. Medusa did it in the end but not gaining power is more annoying then you’d think. (Also Nebula can be a pain but as I mentioned 3/45 Medusa)

Sabretooth wasn’t that great. Had a lot of bad RNG with Archangel and only managed to have 3/4 Neurotoxins on him at any one time. Could be solod with AA though (make sure to parry and bait the L1)

Oh god. Not this one. It really is as horrible as people say it is.

Global node is annoying but not bs like no retreat. Just make sure you are watching those counters ALL THE TIME.

Problem fights:

Took the path with Yellowjacket. Died to him. Was kind of a silly mistake but enhanced special 1 on Yellowjacket is always a pain

Sentinel. Built up Ægon still took 2 attempts bc of the mental crit resistance. Could be solod though with better RNG

Ultron. Holy mother of Satan during this fight my only wish was that death would be nowhere near as painful as this. Even with Medusa it’s very difficult to get an armour shatter up. You have to MLM in order to not get evaded and in order to not go above 10 hits. If you do go above 10 hits you get cruelty, and he gains power. And you die. Took me all but 2 of the Poutines we received from this months EQ. Hated that fight. Never want to do it again.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand relax. This was a nice and easy quest that Elsa Bloodstone cheesed. Used her for all the fights other than Deadpool, Kingpin, Thing and Rouge. (I took the path with those fights on it, obviously)

Problem fights:

Thing could be annoying but you can just use the usual counters. I used Stealthy. She Hulk, Spider Gwen, Red Guardian, and all the other Slow champions would be good (also BWCV can actually buff immunity him)

Ghost. Idk why I’m even writing this I’ve taken out harder Korg/Thing war bosses. Don’t get hit is my advice. Elsa Bloodstone did it in under 100 hits

Path was super easy no problems there. (Took the first portal directly below the start to Phoenix, Sabretooth etc.) it was very short and gives you an opportunity to adapt to the global.

Take in characters with good block proficiency/stay in they’re face all fight and you can actually benefit from the global. (Close encounters FYI)

Problem fights:

Loki I guess? I didn’t solo him only bc I brought in Elsa Bloodstone at first. Remember this: Two buffs on either you or 2 debuffs on Loki and you CANNOT CRIT. That’s slipped me up. I used Stealthy. It’s not that hard of a fight I’ll be honest so pretty much anyone who doesn’t need either crits or buffs/debuffs and you’re good to go.

Now this wasn’t as bad as its hyped up to be. Path was kind of a pain bc I could only Archangel 1 fight. I needed to build Ægon to 100 hits. I took the far left path with Superior Iron Man then down to WS. Ægon was used for the first fight and She Hulk. Other than that just play well, don’t get hit, nothing super special here.

Problem fights:

I had a hard time on Sabretooth probably my fault though I’ll admit it.

Most of the fights in this quest are hard but doable. Probably the right difficulty for 6.1, not too hard, not too easy.

Now for the elephant in the room, I’ll even make his name bold, Crossbones

Before this fight I was SUPER scared of it. I knew Ægon could do it but I didn’t know if a 4/55 could put damage the regen. 100 hit combo tenacity did it’s job and I didn’t take ANY biohazard damage all fight. Now at first he was super passive about special attacks, wouldn’t throw them etc. But then he loosened up. Just bait L1 and take your openings there. Play carefully, play well, and the fight can be done. I mean it took Ægon nearly 300 hits but he still solod it

We’re in the endgame now. Global was a bit suck. Wasn’t so much bs just restricting in playstyle. Idk about you but I do like my freedom.

Problem fights:

Havok I guess? I used Havok, easy game , easy life

I took the vigorous assault/regen path for reference

Superior Iron Man. He has bane on him. Bane is always a problem. Did solo him though (albeit on low health)

Angela. Oh no. This was horrible. You’ve outdone yourselves kabam. Bravo. Way to design a fight and not think about it. Vigorous assault means they’re unblockable whilst regenerating + Angela. I’ll wait for you to realise. Bottom line, pretty much permanently unblockable. Took me 2 revives. Not fun kabam not fun. If you guys nerf any fight in 6.1 I want it to be this one.

Sentinel. Final boss time. I know what you’re thinking, Medusa can easily shred this right? Wrong. First of all this is a boosted, 3/45 champion. Basically a 4* on steroids.also I don’t run suicides so her PI was just hitting 7k. Now fisticuffs on its own isn’t terrible, but then to introduce power drain every 20 seconds AND stun immunity and it’s not a really fun time. I couldn’t get an armour shatter up whilst using Medusa and so went for my next best option, Stealth Spidey.

The combination of nodes may not, on paper, sound terrible but it basically means you can only use 1 L1 or maybe, just about, an L2. You can’t throw more than 1 in a row though, oh no! You die to the global if you do (stun immunity means heavy attacks are pretty much off the table). Stealthy worked a treat. After that only took me 3 revives to get him down from 50%.

Conclusion

Using all the Poutine from this months EQ it cost me under 100 units, pretty nice. Much of it could’ve been done better on my part but as long as you have a biohazard counter the only really horrible quests are 6.1.2 and 6.1.6. Even then Hyperion or a better played Medusa could do those fights (apart from maybe the 6.1.2 Sentinel) Also Angela on vigorous assault is a super horrible fight and should never re-appear ever again

Rewards

Before I go I couldn’t not tell you who I got as my 6*. Now I’ll spoiler it if you don’t care/don’t like to see this sort of thing but I’ll tell you, it’s noice

Comments

• Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Good job mate. When I went for cavalier I only had two rank 4 five stars and the rest were rank 3. A challenge but an enjoyable one that I overcame
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Great job! I got Cav with a few 4/55 myself.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah I think most people get cavalier with all 4/55 champions, I did most of it with quake and g99 for crossbones, that fight was brutal but fun
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    awesome! I think most people, including myself, had a similar experience to you. I think I particularly had a very similar experience. 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 were a bit more chill. 6.1.1 was annoying, but it took a bit of practice and I was ok. 6.1.2 was quite a pain, but I figured out the right counters and it was good. for xbones, the path was pretty easy. I also had heard so much about xbones and how difficult he was, and I was pretty scared. thankfully, I had ghost and I think I got a solo or like 95% off him. anyone with bleed immunity and decent damage would be good. for the last quest, I also did the vigorous assault path, and I don't want to sound like an a**hat, but I thought the Angela was pretty easy lol.

congrats, op! I was gonna ask who you got from the six star, but I looked at the spoiler and
    my eyes almost popped out of their sockets. nice pull!
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Congrats bro! I'm jealous of that 6 star luck haha
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Congrats OP!
    I got 6* Red Skull after 6.1 completion.
  • Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    i did cav two months ago with only 4/55 champs and i got the one shot on the final boss of 6.1.3, 6.1.4, and 6.1.5 each on my first attempt. im still trying to figure out if it was a fluke or not lol
  • Options
    ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Congrats! I know how it feels, I felt the same things as you but a bit worse since you had a better roster than me.
    I got this guy after 6.1

• Options
    Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Is Cavalier possible with (potentially) a 2/35 6*, 3 4/55 5*s and a 3/45? I did the first chap and it was terrible for me and it cost me 100+ units. As of now I'm trying to 100% act 5 to take corvus to r2 (t4 cosmic in overflow with noone to use on) would like your input.

Also, congrats on cavalier and (jealousy noises) Warlock!