**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Synergy Update

centennialcentennial Posts: 77
edited July 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
It seems like updating synergies would simultaneously be a relatively easy thing to do for Kabam (relative to reworking all the old characters), be beneficial for us players, encourage the use of some forgotten champions, and be seen as a step forward in terms of buffing many champions. I have both Star-Lord and Yondu as high leveled 5 stars and am disappointed their synergy is "rivals", yet I feel the need to force CMM and NF into my team because of the incredible unique synergy they have in addition to NF's solo synergy (+10% attack for the whole team). I believe Yondu is a Unique synergy away from being a really good champ.

Just an idea. I know I would love a "Synergy Update" for a lot of the old guys, but I may be alone here. Would love to hear what anyone else thinks. Cheers!

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Describe "relatively easy" in terms of coding? Even adding synergies takes time and research to make sure they actually work. They have a plan to update older champs. Let's just wait and see how the first run goes.
  • centennialcentennial Posts: 77
    edited July 2020

Describe "relatively easy" in terms of coding? Even adding synergies takes time and research to make sure they actually work. They have a plan to update older champs. Let's just wait and see how the first run goes.

Very fair- I mean much, much easier than reworking a full character. Can't imagine how many test cases are truly broken by a synergy overhaul, as long as they stick to making synergies increase certain stats or get a small boost to some ability. Then again, I have no idea what Kabam is working with here. Everywhere I have been, these sort of updates are not as software-breaking as one might think. Changing the mechanics of a full character is a monster though. I get why these character reworks take a while. So yes, I am not too picky and I am very open to waiting to see how their plan to update champs goes. But it is valid to also consider updating synergies in the meantime.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    2 examples-
    Guilly 2099
    Sasquatch/Sabertooth

Both of these had game breaking synergies even though 1 wasn't completely practical. It's not just about the coding alone. It's about the actual testing and refinement.

I also believe that synergy updates will come with the new way they are updating champs as well.
  • centennialcentennial Posts: 77
    Ok, I am going to go back to my job as a Software Engineer lol