Champion Spotlight - Air-Walker
Gabriel Lan was formerly a member of the Nova Corps, before eagerly accepting an offer from the cosmic entity, Galactus, to become his herald. Wielding the immense power of the Power Cosmic and the Bow of Gabriel, Air-Walker dutifully serves Galactus, terraforming worlds for his master, and crushing all who oppose him.
Air-Walker’s core focus is building up his unique Dark Tide Debuffs on the Opponent. These Debuffs hamper the Opponent’s Block Proficiency, and cause them to take damage while they’re affected by an Armor Break. Air-Walker applies both Dark Tide and Armor Breaks through his Special Attacks, and applies even more for each Buff on him. Once enough Dark Tide is applied to the Opponent, they are converted into a permanent Passive, which also powers up Air-Walker’s other abilities. To aid Air-Walker in all of this, he has a Power Cosmic Buff, which grants him Attack and Power, and he gains additional Power Cosmic every time he wins a fight.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||42815||2268||13660|
Character Class: Cosmic
Power Cosmic, The Dark Tide, Armor Break, The Power of Galactus
- Power Gain
- Air-Walker gains Power over time for each Power Cosmic Buff he has. At the start of the quest he only has 1 Power Cosmic, so the Power gained is relatively small. But after winning some fights and gaining additional Power Cosmic, the Power gained becomes very noticeable. Additionally, he significantly increases the potency of any Power Gain effects he has while charging a Heavy Attack, so he can use that to rapidly gain power and launch a Special Attack right out of the Heavy Charge.
- Fighting Power Control Opponents
- Air-Walker’s main objective in fights is to build Dark Tide on the Opponent. He automatically applies Dark Tide whenever he is affected by a Power Lock, Drain, or Burn effect, so it will have an easier time building Dark Tide and converting it into a Passive against Opponents with these abilities.
- The number of Dark Tides Air-Walker applies is largely dependent on the number of Buffs he has. He’s also somewhat dependent on the Power Cosmic Buff to gain Power, since he has a decreased Offensive Combat Power Rate. Nullifying his buffs will reduce the number of Dark Tides he applies, and decrease the amount of Power he gains.
- Debuff Purification
- By default, Dark Tides are Debuffs that last indefinitely. Opponents will remove them whenever they gain a Bar of Power, but Champions who Purify Debuffs have an additional avenue to remove them. It’s important to note that once 10 Dark Tide Debuffs build up and they are converted into a Passive, they can no longer be removed by a Purify, so make sure you act fast!
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Offensive Combat Power Rate is decreased by 40%.
Power Cosmic - Persistent Buff - Max 3:
- Gain 3.5% of a Bar of Power every 1 second(s).
- +900 Armor Rating.
- +264 Attack Rating.
- Air-Walker starts the quest with 1 Power Cosmic Buff(s), which persists between fights. He gains 1 Power Cosmic Buff(s) when he wins a fight.
- When Air-Walker has no Power Cosmic Buffs, he will gain one after a 7.50 second cooldown.
- Special Attack 3 can only be used if Air-Walker has 3 Power Cosmic Buffs or is Defending.
When Power Drained, Power Locked, or Power Burned:
- Inflict 3 Dark Tide Debuffs.
The Dark Tide - Debuff - Max 10:
- Dark Tide Debuffs reduce Block Proficiency by 87.5 during their Opponent's Special Attacks, and last indefinitely.
- Champions suffering from both Armor Break and Dark Tide take Direct Damage every 0.50 second(s). This damage is equal to 2% of their Opponent's Base Attack per Dark Tide.
- Opponents remove one Dark Tide Debuff every time they fill a Bar of Power, or whenever the Power Cosmic is Nullified.
The Dark Tide - Passive - Cross Fight - Max 1:
- When the Opponent has 10 Dark Tide Debuffs, they are combined into a Passive that lasts for the rest of the fight and the next 2 fights they participate in.
- The Dark Tide Passive counts as 10 Dark Tide Debuffs for Air-Walker's abilities, and also gains additional effects based on the Opponent’s Class.
- If the Opponent has a Dark Tide Passive, Air-Walker’s fourth Light Hit refreshes 2 Armor Break Debuff(s) on them.
When Charging a Heavy Attack
- Increase Ability Power Rate by 300% and Heavy Charging can be held for an extended duration.
- 75% of any Power Gained while Charging is lost over 0.75 second(s) after the Charge stops.
- If Air-Walker fills a Bar of Power, he gains an Unblockable Buff for 1 second(s) that is paused during his Special Attacks.
- If Air-Walker activates a Special Attack, he gains a Fury Buff during that Special Attack, increasing Attack Rating by +1760.
He also gains additional benefits for cancelling his Heavy Charge into a Special Attack. By default, he will gain a Fury Buff for the duration of that Special Attack. But if he crossed a Power Threshold while Heavy Charging, he will also gain an Unblockable Buff for the duration of that Special Attack as well.
The Dark Tide - Cross Fight Class Effects
- Tech: Reduces the duration and potency of Power Drain, Lock and Burn effects by 70%.
- Mutant: Reduces Offensive Ability Accuracy during Special Attacks by 33%.
- Skill: Critical Rating is reduced by 592.31.
- Science: Non-Damaging Debuffs have -25% Ability Accuracy.
- Cosmic: Buff potency is reduced by 50%.
- Mystic: Mystical energies resist the Dark Tide, so it has no additional effect.
- Activating a Special Attack Armor Breaks the Opponent, reducing Armor Rating by 2100 for 11 second(s), stacking up to 8 time(s).
- If the last hit isn’t Blocked, apply 1 Dark Tide Debuff to the Opponent, and an additional one for each Buff on Air-Walker.
| Special 1: Cosmic Flame
| Special 2: Bow of Gabriel
| Special 3: The Herald's Call
| Signature Ability - Herald of the Destroyer
HERALDS OF GALACTUS - Solo - 3* and up
- With Silver Surfer, Terrax, (Coming Soon)
- Air-Walker: Cross Fight Ability - The first fight Air-Walker participates in grants him an indefinite Precision Buff, increasing Critical Rating by +450 for that fight and the next 2 fights he participates in.
NOVA CORPS VETERANS - Unique - 3* and up
- With Nova
- Air-Walker: Whenever a Dark Tide is placed on the Opponent, 30% chance to place an additional one.
- Nova: Reaching 75 Nova Charges refreshes Nova’s Fury Buffs, even while at maximum stacks.
THE HIGH GROUND - Unique - 4* and up
- With Green Goblin, Phoenix, Ebony Maw.
- Air-Walker: Heavy Charging increases Ability Power Rate by an additional 150%, reduced by 50% for each Persistent Power Cosmic Air-Walker has.
- Green Goblin: Special Attack 1 Laser Blasts have +40% flat chance to Power Drain.
- Phoenix: While Overloaded, Heavy Attacks also refresh Phoenix’s Armor Break Debuffs.
- Ebony Maw: While the Opponent is suffering from Falter or Black Tongue, Ebony Maw gains +70% Attack Rating.
ENEMIES Lv. 1/2/3 - 2/3/4* and up
- With Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Thing
- All Champions gain +85/115/155 Critical Rating.
- Air-Walker has a very easy time triggering a Fury Buff, simply by hitting the Special Attack button while Charging his Heavy Attack. This Fury Buff is already very potent, but it can be further improved via the Enhanced Fury mastery.
- Between Dark Tide Debuffs and Armor Break Debuffs, Air-Walker has a very easy time stacking up lots of Debuffs on the Opponent. This makes the Despair mastery a great choice, since opposing Regeneration effects will also be reduced for each Debuff.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on