**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

As of this afternoon, combo hits in game are around 50% slower than they have been for weeks...

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I was really enjoying the nice flow and speed of my characters combos and gameplay over the last few weeks or months. Now, as of this afternoon, it has reverted to slower, sluggish action. Does anyone know why this happens? Or what can be done to keep things fluid and quick? This goes out to players or mods. Are you familiar with and/or notice the fluctuations when they happen, if so, know why? It doesn't seem to be related to menu navigation speed or other performance categories. It seems to be independent from overall performance. For instance, in the past few weeks even if my menu navigation was slow at times, the combat speed and fluidity were still consistently good.

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    my game has been totally fine
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    I've not seen any changes in game play.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    On some devices low battery can have a slowing effect on the game, similar to bad internet. Could be one of those
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

On some devices low battery can have a slowing effect on the game, similar to bad internet. Could be one of those

Yeah like I know my iPhone X is at 1% when it goes down to 10 fps and is really hot 😬
  • Options

Yeah, it's fine. So to speak, there is nothing "wrong". It's a minute difference that is noticable to me. I think 50% was an exaggeration, but it's there.

Do you guys remember when Kabam had something in the patch notes a while ago..several updates ago about changing the speed of characters combo hits to be more uniform? And after the change went in things were kind of clunky at first. After time, it either reverted back to a previous state or eventually smoothed itself out. This is exactly what that was like. It's a subtle difference, but it was immediately noticable to me. Especially with the second (last) medium in a combo. Seems to be a marked difference on that hit in particular.

Really, no one notices it? Most of these responses (which I appreciate) seem to think I'm saying it's really off. Sorry if that's how I made it sound. It's just a noticable, but subtle difference. Just enough that it throws off your timing a little. Like maybe hit the special button just a hair too early after your last medium cause muscle memory has already expected the hit to have connected. Doesn't sound like it so far, but if anyone else notices at all, holler. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Yeah, it's fine, so to speak. It's not broken or anything. Sorry if it seemed like I was saying something is completely wrong or unplayable. It's definitely playable. It's just a noticable, but subtle difference in speed. 50% as I described earlier is an exaggeration. It's most noticable in the final medium of a 5 hit combo. It's subtle, but try to look for it. Maybe it doesn't bother some people, but it was definitely noticable to me.

Do you guys remember when Kabam released path notes several updates ago about changing the speed of combo hits to be more uniform with each other and other characters? When the change first rolled out of was noticably clunky feeling to a lot of us. It eventually smoothed out or was reverted back. That is exactly what this reminds me of. When that change first went live. Check it out and see if you guys notice that at all. If you remember what I'm talking about.
    oh I got what you were saying. I just didn't experience myself. not denying that it isn't different, but rather I havent noticed
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Were you in arena, OP? Many combos felt floaty and slow like everyone was doing Daredevil's old medium. Not everyone and not all the time. It was off-putting.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Yeah like I know my iPhone X is at 1% when it goes down to 10 fps and is really hot 😬
    @Hammerbro_64 Subtle flexing, eh?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’ve said I’ve had a X before plenty lol. It’s been out since 2017 and I got some deal to get it whenever I got it a few years ago.
  • Options

Were you in arena, OP? Many combos felt floaty and slow like everyone was doing Daredevil's old medium. Not everyone and not all the time. It was off-putting.

Arena is where I first noticed it, exactly, but it seems to occur in other modes as well. For those who haven't noticed it. Try using a champ known to have very fast animations, like OG Guilly. Even she has slowed down a little. Venom..etc. Check it out. The difference is there. It's very subtle on the light attacks, but it's definitely noticable on medium attacks. There's a slightly longer pause between the 3rd light and 2nd medium. It seems identical to how characters animations were right after they attempted to adjust everyone's animation speeds to make them all uniform a while back. It feels exactly like that. Like it's been reverted back to that state somehow. Does no one remember when that happened? It wasn't that long ago. I promise I'm not making it up. Some of you think I'm crazy. 😅 Maybe I'll try to look up the patch notes.