**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss Easy Path Mastery Guide + a bit more

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
I know there have been a lot of guide here on the forum in the last weeks but I wanted to point out a few key things that are important in my opinion and hopfully help someone safe units and revives.

I did the easy path (1) with

Ageon
Doom
Void
Nick and Quake.

My fights looked like this:

Thing / Aegon
Omega / Aegon
Quake / Aegon
Medusa / Doom
Mephisto / Void
CMM / Doom (Easy)
Ghost / Aegon
IM / Aegon (Void for the last 15%)
Joe / Void
Mordo / Void
VtD / Doom
HtD / Aegon
Hyperion / Doom
Champion / Doom
Cyclops / Aegon
Loki / Aegon
Aegon / Aegon
Invis Woman / Nick F
Cull / Doom (Easy)
Collector / Aegon

Total fights:

Aegon: 10
Doom: 6
Void: 3
Nick: 1

Total revive use:

20 lvl 1 (I used heals on lvl 1 revives to bring them to 30-40% hp)
20 lvl 2 + 2.520 units (63 lvl 2 revives)

= total 103 revives

This is the best team in my opinion for the easy path. Yes. No HT.
Let me explain:

HT can 1 shot Mephisto and is good for Mordo (and maybe IM in the first 85% hp)

Void can 1 shot Joe and deals good with Mephisto, Mordo and the last 15% on IM

You dont have to deal with the Powergain vs Mordo and Mephisto and you can parry and attack Mordo with one of your debuffs.

I played these fights slow (parry MM) and fire SP1 when you have it (My Void is sig 160).

Ofc you can use HT as well. I just think Void is better (for the easy path).

Now a few little things to keep in mind:

Kill off you synergy champ (Quake for me for the evade charges with Nick) so Doom gets +10% more damage.

If you have done your last fight with Void/HT then kill them as well.

SS works well if you dont have Doom. Not too sure about others.

I would even bring Nick/Quake if they are only 3* for the synergy. That 3 evade charges are soooo good. When you dont want to keep them bc you use the "heavy charge for fury" trick with Aegon you can let them fall off mid fight or kill off Nick (that gives Aegon another +10% attack / perfect vs the Collector)

Ofc if you dont have a 5*/6* Nick you can use Aegon for Invisible Woman.

If you want to 1 shot Joe with Void play it slow and let yourself get heavy attacked until he rolls hearts (thats the reg).

If you fight the Collector with Aegon bait SP1s. It doesnt do a lot of damage. Dex the first part and the last part (like a Wintersoilder SP2)

With 60% hp I once baited 7 or 8 SP1 and got over 15% in 1 go from him.

You can charge heavy from the start of the fight and hope he attacks you as well. I found baiting SP1s a lot easier tho. Ofc I had big boosts in that fight running.

And now for my Masteries:

I changed them at the start of the run and never swaped them (I saw almost everyone swapping them here and there and wanted to present a unit friendly alternative)

The damage on Aegon even without suicides was crazy high (I killed Quake in 2 revives with over 5,7 million hp)

I will go quick over the main points for the Abyss run:

Courage 3/3 is a no brainer. Always have 3 points in it.

Glass Cannon is very good bc you dont get hit as much as you deal damage.

3/3 Dispair is only needed when you want to 1 Shot Joe with Void.
I talk about this 2 spare points later (if you dont use Void)

Deep Wounds 5/5 is perfect for Aegons's SP2 since we can spam it without Recoil + very good for you with Nick vs Invis Woman

You can see I have 4/4 in Extended and Enhanced Fury. This will boost Aegon's by a lot. You might not belive it at first (when you read the numbers) but trust me its sooo good.

It is also very good for Doom/SS and Nick F.

Def is only the bare minimum. For some fights Willpower would be nice but its not worth it to put so much damage away for it.

5/5 Limber is nice bc every enemy has a 100% stunchance on SPs and a normal stun chance on basic attacks. You dont want to get wombo comboed from 1 hit till death.

3/5 MD for Doom ofc. Im not sure if I wanted to go higher.
Your normal rotation doesnt need MD at all and higher MD could mess you up that you end on SP2 and can powerdrain him after your full combo.

Its easier to go from SP3 to SP3 with it and maybe you can shoot 2 SP2s with higher MD.
Btw: Learn how to Reparry (shout out to Lags for the name) with Doom in those Cosmic matchups.
Hyperion was able to shoot 2 SP1 in the entire fights vs him.

With SS the higher MD the better ofc.

If you dont use Void I would suggest the 2 extra points from Dispair in Assassin (when you have it unlocked allready), MD or Greater Strength.

I think its very nice to not have to swap the Mastery at all to safe units.
Ofc if you want to go super ham vs the Collector go full Suicides if you want to. I didnt need it.

Comments

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Nice write up
    I'm considering bringing sym supreme over Doom since the cmm fix makes him more viable on easy path.

Would bring void in place of torch, as torch is unawakened.
    How high sig do you think void needs to be a viable replacement?
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Nice write up
    I'm considering bringing sym supreme over Doom since the cmm fix makes him more viable on easy path.

Would bring void in place of torch, as torch is unawakened.
    How high sig do you think void needs to be a viable replacement?

I wouldnt go lower than sig 160.
    You might struggle to keep F.o.t.V. up otherwise since you want to play all matchups very slow and dont fire too many SP1s.

Good stuff, great writeup. I agree with your thought process re: Void for the easy path. I also went with him over HT and got the one-shot on Joe, and Mephisto only took 1 revive.

But I’d argue that SS is better than Doom just for this path, as he can one-shot VtD with 5/5 MD and deal with the other Cosmics just fine (2 revives or fewer from personal experience, depending on the matchup). He can also one-shot CMM and Cull just as easily as Doom with the right approach.

In case you’re interested, my team was Aegon, Void, Nick, Doom, and SS. Decide to forgo the Heimdall slot for some mystic versatility, especially because at the time I wasn’t quite sure how SS would perform, but still wanted to give him a spin. Ended up spending around 80 revives (all stashed), and 600 units on extra pots and mastery swaps.

Great writeup once again.

Damn I didnt know SS does so well.
    I also did the normal cosmic match up with ~ 2 revives. But ofc didnt 1 shot VtD with him.

You must be a better player than me then bc I needed that evade synery with Nick/Quake so bad :D
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Would Longshot do as well as SS for the easy path, punishing buffs with incinerate damage instead of bleeds?

Would Longshot do as well as SS for the easy path, punishing buffs with incinerate damage instead of bleeds?

I would think yes.
    Longshot does low hits bc he always uses heavys. So his natural playstyle should work very well in AoL

Cull and CMM should be easy.

VtD should be a 1 shot with all those buffs.
    Maybe you could even 1 shot Aegon 🤔

Medusa, Hyperion and The Champion should be the hardest matchups.

MD should help him a lot but 5/5 would be too much I think.

I dont have him tho.

He should work well in theory.