**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Duped Gwenpool against Masochism

tafretafre Posts: 631 ★★★★
Hello everybody I am wondering if anybody has experienced this issue as well. I was having fun with my 4 stars in the boss rush and I used Gwenpool against that IW in the boss rush. I got over 50+ on the combo but she kept triggering Masochism, I wonder if this is an intended mechanic since Gwenpool has +100% defensive AAR after 50+ hits on the combo. Is masochism not a defensive ability or does this have something to do with shrugging abilities and their interaction with AAR? I would be happy if somebody can shed some light into this.

Comments

• Options
    Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Maybe cause her AAR is offensive, based on hitting opponent. So you don’t trigger thorns damage or arc overload regens when u hit champs, but parry and such is unaffected, as that’s defensive.

The sig ability description is vague so I’m not positive that’s true but seems most likely explanation.
  • Options
    Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Just realized I read your post as about IMIW not IW, whoops.

Per first response to u, masochism shouldn’t proc when u hit her and have combo. But parry wouldn’t be affected by her sig ability. Seems like an offensive vs defensive aar confusion.

That said I’m in favor of more clarity on GP sig ability.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

Tru100 said:

Just realized I read your post as about IMIW not IW, whoops.

Per first response to u, masochism shouldn’t proc when u hit her and have combo. But parry wouldn’t be affected by her sig ability. Seems like an offensive vs defensive aar confusion.

That said I’m in favor of more clarity on GP sig ability.

Masochism procs when you put a debuff the opponent. So if it should not proc while you are attacking and putting bleeds on IW (she was still procing maso even on bleeds, enervates, incinerates, armor breaks with 50+ btw) why should it proc when you parry? Her ability does not say anything about lowering defensive AAR while attacking, it clearly says lowers DAAR per combo. I do not see the logic behind parry not triggering, even when they are attacking you they are still triggering a DEFENSIVE abilitiy. Hence if she is able to apply all those other debuffs, and like I said even those were triggering masi with 50+ combo, then parry should not trigger it as well. There is something else going on here.

Any mod/admin care to share some info?
    Some abilities count towards Defensive AAR. Some abilities count as Offensive AAR. Some count as neither.

When you parry you're defending against their attack so reducing their defensive AAR wouldn't come into effect with a parry stun.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Abilities aren’t classified like that and thinking they are will prevent you from understanding how it actually works. Black Widow’s signature ability describes how DAAR actually works as it was the first introduction of it.

Defensive Ability Accuracy Reduction reduces the chance to proc abilities when directly acting against an opponent. Striking, hitting, etc.

Offensive Ability Accuracy reduces the chance to proc abilities when direct action is taken against a champion. Being struck, hit, etc.