**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who should I r5: Hyperion or Venom?(Both duped)

solivagant56solivagant56 Posts: 75
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Please vote according to act 6 and variants. Who will come more handy?

Who should I r5: Hyperion or Venom?(Both duped) 41 votes

Hyperion
73%
LeNoirFaineantTerraUncle_Fatty_247Hammerbro_64AdvCharlie_SceneChampioncriticspaceoctopusCiciliatoRookiieAnthinhoTopCat87MiStaLovaThicco_ModeBerjibsFiiNCHMaxLeeFireflyPrakhar_82CaptainGame 30 votes
Venom
26%
solivagant56Kerneasdot_dittoSuperfighter101o_oSneakyWarriorSoyheyor123odishika123YeetusTheFoetuscentennialCeltic1981 11 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    Hyperion
    I’m gonna say Hyperion, I have him duped as an r5 and he’s so useful across the board. I have Venom unduped as a 6* and am considering taking him up to r2 because he’s fun to play and he just shreds even unduped.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Venom
    I have Venom as a R5 undupped and he is imho equally as/ more useful than Hyperion. At least in terms of nullify and regen is Venom better
  • Options
    CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Hyperion
    These are pretty even as they are both great in their own ways. I gave Hyperion the edge because of his power gain. But venom has nice bleeds and spiderverse characters can’t evade him. And the new variant will likely benefit him moreso than Hyperion. It’s really a toss up. I’d rank them both eventually.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Hyperion
    Hyperion. Not just because I consider him better overall, but you may pull a 6* Venom.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Hyperion
    Venom is great for v2 and obviously only he can be used in v5, for all else, Hyperion. Hype is also great for v2, especially the adaptoid boss. I also used him quite a lot in v3 despite the weakness.

Venom regen better than hype? Not sure about that lols. 30% regen you can trigger unlimited times in fight vs rng regen dependent on opponent buffs?
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Objectively Hyperion is the better champion.

In terms of Variant content, he’s a machine in V2, easily one of the best champions for it. Depending on how deep you are into Act 6/your roster in general, it might be a good idea to rank Venom for V5, though with how tasty the rewards are looking I’m assuming it’s going to hard, possibly too hard if your roster is limited by mystics/Symbiote etc.

I always follow the policy of getting an a solid ROI on my rank ups if I’m low on resources. I usually use Sentinel as the example - not the best tech in the game but awakening and ranking him gives you easy mode for V3 and by extension a massive amount of rank up materials. Venom could well be in the same boat with the combination of V2 and the upcoming V5.

Hold until you see what V5 is like, if Venom is the MVP and you think you can do it, then Venom would be my choice, otherwise Hyperion.