**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

An Honest Review of Magneto Buff - Kudos, Problems & Questions

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
We've all seen it already. Magneto is getting buffed. CCP are going bananas. I think Magneto can be a great champion, much better than before (which isn't really an accomplishment), but is he practical?

The way I've seen everyone playing, is charging the heavy 0.7 seconds to reach max amount of Prowess stacks. He has +50% perfect block chance against magnetized opponents, so that should help. Still, in a lot of match-ups, you're facing with stun immunity, limber or just a passive AI that won't get parried. If there are any nodes or champions that impedes him in any way (Matador, Pilfer, you name it), he will be pretty bad. Very annoying for a regular champion, but devastating to Magneto.

Let's compare it to Colossus. He gets most damage from his heavies as well. But when playing regularly, his damage is still pretty good. You still have the extra crit damage from his armor up buffs. Magneto relies so much on his Prowess buffs, that his performance plummets when playing regularly. Magneto relies a lot on his specials (SP3 mostly) and heavies for damage. In fact, he has nothing else. Regular MLLLM combo's? That's like pre-buff Magneto.

Alright, now the git gud fella's come in. With the right skill, you can play pretty much everything. Yeah, you can heavy intercept. This is not an easy way of playing. A champion should allow for sub-optimal gameplay. It shouldn't be all-or-nothing. It would be nice to have a way Magneto can hit hard without relying on Prowess buffs. Magneto lacks balance.

But there is more. I've seen plenty of CCP get hit when they tried to heavy-intercept, the only reason they didn't get a KO is because they were fighting LOL WS, which has a relatively low attack rating, and got Magneto to max sig so that reduced damage by a lot. They can claim you don't need his sig, but their gameplay suggests otherwise. There is a massive gap between the beta, with unlimited resources, and the actual game. My 5* Magneto is sig 20, he will only reduce damage by 31.78%. (They even nerfed him, as pre-buff Magneto can tank a SP3, while buffed Magneto cannot.) I would really like to see them in Act 6 or Abyss slip-up with only a sig 20 6* Magneto. Three hits they can take and they are out. Sig stones aren't cheap, is having a fail-safe worth it? I don't know.

What also surprised me, is how few would actually try to do a SP2 first, re-apply that pretty big armor break constantly, and then SP3. They all went straight to SP3. It did get the job done, but they could one hit KO if they had the armor break of the SP2 on top of it.

I am a bit disappointed that Kabam didn't add the reversed controls immunity to his ability list (and not one of the CCP cared to check if this easter egg is still in his kit), nor that they gave him a way to glance or miss projectile hits (in the comics, Magneto can easily stop bullets and arrows). But that's on a side note.

There are a lot of questions: how will the #Metal be reworked? How will Magneto interact with AAR immune champions like AA or Mysterio, who currently don't get magnetised? I've seen one CCP video of Acid Wash Mysterio getting magnetized, and I've seen his power drain or damage reflection fail many times against Magneto, although he should be AAR immune. Is this intentional, Kabam?

What this Acid Wash Mysterio vid also learns, is that you don't need to heavy charge in the beginning. It is actually better to knock the opponent down a few times, as this generates more potent permanent prowess buffs. The amount of prowess buffs determine how much temporary smaller potent prowess buffs you generate and the easier to build-up to larger amounts of prowess buffs. That's just a general tip.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great rework. I like it a lot. He has so much better damage and utility. But he isn't quite right yet. But I do hope he will by the end of this month.

Remember, be civil, this is just my humble opinion.

Comments

• WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★

I am a bit disappointed that Kabam didn't add the reversed controls immunity to his ability list

I agree on that
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    He seems great in generic matchups, but a lot of nodes will hinder him severely
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

He seems great in generic matchups, but a lot of nodes will hinder him severely

I agree, LOL WS is fun to play against to assess DPS, but that bears no relation to general fighting, with a lot of anti-buff nodes.
    Lvernon15 said:

Ccp always overhypes things, they always show the champions in their best places, best matchups etc, don’t get me wrong, it’s an amazing buff, but he has a good amount of weaknesses. The whole 0.7s thing means you can’t simply heavy counter apart from maybe imiw to get the prowess, and against non metal champs his utility is lacking, from what I’ve seen so far and how I interpret his abilities I think colossus and omega are both better, and I’d put him in a similar boat to aa, though we haven’t seen everything yet so I could be wrong

Yeah, he is nothing like Colossus or Omega Red. He is in the same league as Sunspot, but considerably harder.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Ccp always overhypes things, they always show the champions in their best places, best matchups etc, don’t get me wrong, it’s an amazing buff, but he has a good amount of weaknesses. The whole 0.7s thing means you can’t simply heavy counter apart from maybe imiw to get the prowess, and against non metal champs his utility is lacking, from what I’ve seen so far and how I interpret his abilities I think colossus and omega are both better, and I’d put him in a similar boat to aa, though we haven’t seen everything yet so I could be wrong

Yeah, he is nothing like Colossus or Omega Red. He is in the same league as Sunspot, but considerably harder.
    He’s quite similar to sunspot honestly, parry charge heavy for a while, launch big specials, I’d put him a bit above because he’s a bit quicker to ramp and is an absolute god in the right matchup though, plus he’s not stopped by incinerate immunities
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

He’s quite similar to sunspot honestly, parry charge heavy for a while, launch big specials, I’d put him a bit above because he’s a bit quicker to ramp and is an absolute god in the right matchup though, plus he’s not stopped by incinerate immunities
    Well, Sunspot uses heavies to get power, which isn't really necessary if you've no access to it. It does help to get the flare states for the big SP2, but on shorter match-ups I go straight to SP2 and finish him off. You can use Sunspot without his heavies, it will only take longer to build-up flare states. With Magneto, it will be impossible to get any good damage without his heavies.
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    I see where you’re coming from but I respectfully disagree. They’ve already compared him to Torch and AA in that, in the matchups where he is best, there is absolutely NOBODY who will come even remotely close, regardless of situation.

He is meant to be a monster ONLY against metal champs, still very good otherwise but only against them is he a God. That said, your concerns are unwarranted against metal champs, for example, you alluded to 50% perfect block against metal opponents which will make baiting heavies and heaving countering significantly easier and more practical to allow for managing prowess.

Also, you didn’t at all mention his unstoppable mechanic which is another way that assists in allowing you to use heavies at your convenience/desire. You want him to be less reliant on prowess but the fact is that if played correctly there’s very little reason to play him other than as intended.

You’re other concerns, in my opinion, are pretty negligible in the scope of things because they’re such a small percentage of the circumstances in which you can use him, no offense. The big things, damage, utility, and practicality particularly against #metal, are what matter and buffs maximize all three of those without breaking the game.

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I like this write up you did. And these are also the problems I see with magneto. Also don’t get me wrong I like his new kit, and the heavy intercept isn’t a hard way to play, I learned it for ghost, and also learned it to play agaisnt ironman. He’s amazing in the right matchups and honestly that’s what I am going to rank him up for. Mysterio boss in 6.3 (only done 2 lines there) the adaptoid boss in 6.4 (1 line there), ironman in 6.3 (think I have 2 lines left) and darkhawk in 6.4 (all lines but 1 left)
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    He will be like the AA for metal champs imo
    Lormif said:

these types of posts always git me. you want sub optimal play for max results. I disagree with this mentality. If you want top damage you should play optimal. If you want average damage than you play sub optimally. In addition his kit actually gives you the ability to play sub optimally against metal champions and still reach the top threshold because everyone seems to skip over his unstoppable buff, which seems to be able to used as a buffer, as it seems to stay with you if you play well, but can be chained if you do not.

You're mistaken. I didn't say any of that. I said sub-optimal play shouldn't yield nothing. Magneto lacks balance: either you can heavy and hold it, or you don't. There is no middle ground. He will absolutely suck in match-ups with stun immunity, debuff purification or tenacity (which a lot of skill champions have!), limber nodes, buff punishment (spite, pilfer, burden of might) or power restrictions (matador etc). And there is just the passive AI who somehow manages to not get parried. I have fought with Colossus and he is still a decent champion without his heavy. Magneto however will have nothing. I'd really want to see a fight where you can't use heavy attacks.

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Well, Sunspot uses heavies to get power, which isn't really necessary if you've no access to it. It does help to get the flare states for the big SP2, but on shorter match-ups I go straight to SP2 and finish him off. You can use Sunspot without his heavies, it will only take longer to build-up flare states. With Magneto, it will be impossible to get any good damage without his heavies.
    Shorter fights yes, longer fights no, the heavy isn’t just power gain, it also recovers solar charges, in longer fights you’ll run out extremely fast without heavies
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Shorter fights yes, longer fights no, the heavy isn’t just power gain, it also recovers solar charges, in longer fights you’ll run out extremely fast without heavies
    it only recovers them if you have incinerates on the target.

Lormif said:

these types of posts always git me. you want sub optimal play for max results. I disagree with this mentality. If you want top damage you should play optimal. If you want average damage than you play sub optimally. In addition his kit actually gives you the ability to play sub optimally against metal champions and still reach the top threshold because everyone seems to skip over his unstoppable buff, which seems to be able to used as a buffer, as it seems to stay with you if you play well, but can be chained if you do not.

You're mistaken. I didn't say any of that. I said sub-optimal play shouldn't yield nothing. Magneto lacks balance: either you can heavy and hold it, or you don't. There is no middle ground. He will absolutely suck in match-ups with stun immunity, debuff purification or tenacity (which a lot of skill champions have!), limber nodes, buff punishment (spite, pilfer, burden of might) or power restrictions (matador etc). And there is just the passive AI who somehow manages to not get parried. I have fought with Colossus and he is still a decent champion without his heavy. Magneto however will have nothing. I'd really want to see a fight where you can't use heavy attacks.
    Except there is nothing in his kit that gives you nothing for suboptimal play, in fact it specifically allows you to get something for suboptimal play. In fact his heavy mechanic will allow you to get around limber, debuff immune, and tenacity based nodes, even for suboptimal play. And if you dont want to use heavy intercepts you can still get good damage out of him.

His normal attacks are not like a wet noodle you know, right? he was so strong in a straight up fight that Brian Grant had him autofight rol and he won with a lot of health

I see where you’re coming from but I respectfully disagree. They’ve already compared him to Torch and AA in that, in the matchups where he is best, there is absolutely NOBODY who will come even remotely close, regardless of situation.

He is meant to be a monster ONLY against metal champs, still very good otherwise but only against them is he a God. That said, your concerns are unwarranted against metal champs, for example, you alluded to 50% perfect block against metal opponents which will make baiting heavies and heaving countering significantly easier and more practical to allow for managing prowess.

Also, you didn’t at all mention his unstoppable mechanic which is another way that assists in allowing you to use heavies at your convenience/desire. You want him to be less reliant on prowess but the fact is that if played correctly there’s very little reason to play him other than as intended.

You’re other concerns, in my opinion, are pretty negligible in the scope of things because they’re such a small percentage of the circumstances in which you can use him, no offense. The big things, damage, utility, and practicality particularly against #metal, are what matter and buffs maximize all three of those without breaking the game.

Kabam is reworking the metal tag, so we don't know which champions will get it and which ones will lose theirs. We don't know if the issue of Mysterio's AAR immunity not working properly is intentional.

His Unstoppable buff will allow him to knock-down the opponent, but you still take a hit. Only when at max sig you can tank it. Unawakened or at low sig, you cannot afford that.

There are a lot of annoying champions or nodes who can demolish Magneto: Limber, tenacity, Spite, Burden of Might, Pilfer, any champion that can reduce debuff duration or remove debuffs, stun immunity, nullify or fate seal,... Some of those are unaffected by AAR. Empowered immunity will be awful, Magneto can stack so many bleeds any robot who survived his SP3 will demolish you.

He is a great champion, but he will struggle once you go into certain match-ups. You don't learn a champion's worth if you only fight him against LOL WS, or in the match-ups you know he will be perfect with. That's good to know, but can I use him for regular champions?

Let's compare him to Blade. I use him largely with his Danger Sense, but I also don't (such as Mr. Fantastic, at 2+ bars he purifies all debuffs he can apply). But he still can do the job, because his SP2 is so damaging and he can quickly get to another SP2 if you play aggressively. I'm not sure about Magneto, unlike Blade he has no external way to increase his power. You'll need to get power the old-fashioned way.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Wait, some champions are bad against certain nodes/characters? Who would've thought?

Kabam is reworking the metal tag, so we don't know which champions will get it and which ones will lose theirs. We don't know if the issue of Mysterio's AAR immunity not working properly is intentional.

His Unstoppable buff will allow him to knock-down the opponent, but you still take a hit. Only when at max sig you can tank it. Unawakened or at low sig, you cannot afford that.

There are a lot of annoying champions or nodes who can demolish Magneto: Limber, tenacity, Spite, Burden of Might, Pilfer, any champion that can reduce debuff duration or remove debuffs, stun immunity, nullify or fate seal,... Some of those are unaffected by AAR. Empowered immunity will be awful, Magneto can stack so many bleeds any robot who survived his SP3 will demolish you.

He is a great champion, but he will struggle once you go into certain match-ups. You don't learn a champion's worth if you only fight him against LOL WS, or in the match-ups you know he will be perfect with. That's good to know, but can I use him for regular champions?

Let's compare him to Blade. I use him largely with his Danger Sense, but I also don't (such as Mr. Fantastic, at 2+ bars he purifies all debuffs he can apply). But he still can do the job, because his SP2 is so damaging and he can quickly get to another SP2 if you play aggressively. I'm not sure about Magneto, unlike Blade he has no external way to increase his power. You'll need to get power the old-fashioned way.
    Well I did agree... until the last paragraph, blade isn’t anything special when he doesn’t have danger sense, he has regen and slightly above average damage, not much else, his debuff thing only works on temporary ones which is hardly any, he relies on synergies from mainly gr to be somewhat versatile, gr is outdated, mags is going to be FAR better than blade, he’s better in generic matchups, and against metal I reckon he’s gonna be the best option. Ccp is somewhat overhyping him yes, but he’s FAR better than blade in this era of the game. Blade’s era has passed, and outside of content made in his era he’s more just a niche and aq champ

Lormif said:

Except there is nothing in his kit that gives you nothing for suboptimal play, in fact it specifically allows you to get something for suboptimal play. In fact his heavy mechanic will allow you to get around limber, debuff immune, and tenacity based nodes, even for suboptimal play. And if you dont want to use heavy intercepts you can still get good damage out of him.

His normal attacks are not like a wet noodle you know, right? he was so strong in a straight up fight that Brian Grant had him autofight rol and he won with a lot of health

Agent Venom has tenacity and no metal tag. You don't have increased perfect block chance nor reduced ability reduction. Your parry stuns will fail 70% of the time and you will get smacked in the face. No problem with low attack rating and at high sig, big problem in Act 6 or unawakened.

Vision Aarkus has tenacity and no metal tag. Same thing with Agent Venom.

Taskmaster reduces debuff duration by 10% per debuff, regardless of the initial duration. After 10 parries, he is debuff immune. That means no parries, no bleeds, no armor breaks, nothing.

Kingpin will purify 50/50 of your parries. He is non-metal, so no increased parry-stun duration.

Spite and Burden of Might are independent of AAR reduction, so there is no work around there. Pilfer is the only thing that is ability accuracy based, and that you could work around in metal match-ups.

Limber will be less effective in metal match-ups, but due the amount of parries will mean he will still get lose anyway. Heavy-intercept is not impossible, but his heavy animation has a short reach.

Magneto is for a mutant champion pretty bad against skill champions, with only 6 of those having the metal tag. That's alright, because he performs better against tech anyway, with only 3 not having metal tag (Hulkbuster is bugged and I expect that will be fixed). Mysterio is AAR immune and doesn't get magnetized currently, so that might get fixed as well. Still, they are reworking the metal tag so we don't know which champions will get it and which don't.

He won in an auto-fight against LOL WS, who is like the best match-up (metal + class advantage). He also was sig 200, so he can reduce damage by a lot.

Imagine I pull him as my first 6*. I have no awakening gem nor the sig stones to get him high. He will have no fail-safe, just his metal utility. It is 50/50: if there are no restrictions and I am facing a metal target, he will be awesome. I have no doubt about it. But once things get tricky, he will fail. He isn't flexible or well-balanced. New champions might not get the metal tag like Kabam did with Blade.

I think it is fair to say that Magneto is comparable to Blade, in some aspects better but in other much worse.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Prowess should be passive
    Lvernon15 said:

Well I did agree... until the last paragraph, blade isn’t anything special when he doesn’t have danger sense, he has regen and slightly above average damage, not much else, his debuff thing only works on temporary ones which is hardly any, he relies on synergies from mainly gr to be somewhat versatile, gr is outdated, mags is going to be FAR better than blade, he’s better in generic matchups, and against metal I reckon he’s gonna be the best option. Ccp is somewhat overhyping him yes, but he’s FAR better than blade in this era of the game. Blade’s era has passed, and outside of content made in his era he’s more just a niche and aq champ
    I have a 5* R4 Blade and R5 GR and he still kicks ass in war or general questing. Magneto is better in some aspects than Blade, but worse in other. Blade still has higher-than-average base attack rating, which Magneto doesn't have. His DS gives him 4x the damage boost on all of his hits. He isn't great as Aegon or Nick Fury, but he isn't out yet. He is still a top 5 skill in my book.

You’re not really saying anything by outlining the places where he won’t shine. Everyone understands that he is not meant to be the solution to every problem fight in the game. If you personally have a problem fighting lumber or stun immune with heavy reliant champions, fine, but that’s not a problem that everyone shares. Also, you’ve mentioned shrug off or immune champs as if his bleed is the only way he gets his damage.. did you not see the 150k+ sp2s? I agree, nodes like spite (against non-metal opponents) and burden of might would be troublesome so you know what to do? Don’t use him for those, use someone else. Empowered immunity against robot? Simple, use sp2 instead of sp3 or use someone else. But, those are only a handful of scenarios in a game that has thousands of node and champ combinations. I think he’ll be by far the best champ in the game where is supposed to be, which is exact as it is in the beta.

Lormif said:

Agent Venom has tenacity and no metal tag. You don't have increased perfect block chance nor reduced ability reduction. Your parry stuns will fail 70% of the time and you will get smacked in the face. No problem with low attack rating and at high sig, big problem in Act 6 or unawakened.

Vision Aarkus has tenacity and no metal tag. Same thing with Agent Venom.

Taskmaster reduces debuff duration by 10% per debuff, regardless of the initial duration. After 10 parries, he is debuff immune. That means no parries, no bleeds, no armor breaks, nothing.

Kingpin will purify 50/50 of your parries. He is non-metal, so no increased parry-stun duration.

Spite and Burden of Might are independent of AAR reduction, so there is no work around there. Pilfer is the only thing that is ability accuracy based, and that you could work around in metal match-ups.

Limber will be less effective in metal match-ups, but due the amount of parries will mean he will still get lose anyway. Heavy-intercept is not impossible, but his heavy animation has a short reach.

Magneto is for a mutant champion pretty bad against skill champions, with only 6 of those having the metal tag. That's alright, because he performs better against tech anyway, with only 3 not having metal tag (Hulkbuster is bugged and I expect that will be fixed). Mysterio is AAR immune and doesn't get magnetized currently, so that might get fixed as well. Still, they are reworking the metal tag so we don't know which champions will get it and which don't.

He won in an auto-fight against LOL WS, who is like the best match-up (metal + class advantage). He also was sig 200, so he can reduce damage by a lot.

Imagine I pull him as my first 6*. I have no awakening gem nor the sig stones to get him high. He will have no fail-safe, just his metal utility. It is 50/50: if there are no restrictions and I am facing a metal target, he will be awesome. I have no doubt about it. But once things get tricky, he will fail. He isn't flexible or well-balanced. New champions might not get the metal tag like Kabam did with Blade.

I think it is fair to say that Magneto is comparable to Blade, in some aspects better but in other much worse.

again you are still under bad assumpions about playing him even in a suboptimal way. His unstoppable heavy will still work against non metal champs, just with a longer cooldown. There are ways to heavy in cases of limber and stun immunity..

There is nothing in his kit that helped him in the auto fight against WS other than the extra 846 attack, There were no perfect blocks that I remember, his 200 sig ability only allowed him to tank up to 10 hits, WS in rol only had about 1200 attack, so that does not even come into play. Mags was hitting for a little less than 7k crit damage without any buffs, and can still get +100% special damage for specials (4 20% prowesses) even if not magnatized nor able to heavy.

He is better than blade in every category. In rol he did killed juggs, non metallic, with less than 40 hits.

It seems to me you want a champion that unawakened is the best damage in the game even at sub optimal play still does more damage than anyone else in the game.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I think magneto being significantly hindered on stun immune and limber nodes is what makes him balanced. In those matchups it forces you to step up your game and learn how to space and heavy intercept. As far as Emma’s reverse controls I believe Katy Candy tested out the Easter egg during her live stream and it worked. I’m glad it’s not listed in his abilities as he gets to retain the honor of keeping it an Easter egg.

Again you are still under bad assumpions about playing him even in a suboptimal way. His unstoppable heavy will still work against non metal champs, just with a longer cooldown. There are ways to heavy in cases of limber and stun immunity..

There is nothing in his kit that helped him in the auto fight against WS other than the extra 846 attack, There were no perfect blocks that I remember, his 200 sig ability only allowed him to tank up to 10 hits, WS in rol only had about 1200 attack, so that does not even come into play. Mags was hitting for a little less than 7k crit damage without any buffs, and can still get +100% special damage for specials (4 20% prowesses) even if not magnetized nor able to heavy.

He is better than blade in every category. In rol he did killed juggs, non metallic, with less than 40 hits.

It seems to me you want a champion that unawakened is the best damage in the game even at sub optimal play still does more damage than anyone else in the game.

You’re not really saying anything by outlining the places where he won’t shine. Everyone understands that he is not meant to be the solution to every problem fight in the game. If you personally have a problem fighting lumber or stun immune with heavy reliant champions, fine, but that’s not a problem that everyone shares. Also, you’ve mentioned shrug off or immune champs as if his bleed is the only way he gets his damage.. did you not see the 150k+ sp2s? I agree, nodes like spite (against non-metal opponents) and burden of might would be troublesome so you know what to do? Don’t use him for those, use someone else. Empowered immunity against robot? Simple, use sp2 instead of sp3 or use someone else. But, those are only a handful of scenarios in a game that has thousands of node and champ combinations. I think he’ll be by far the best champ in the game where is supposed to be, which is exact as it is in the beta.
    If you start to count, that are a lot of instances where he doesn't shine. Burden of Might, Spite and Pilfer has been Kabam's favourite nodes for tech champions, because it makes cosmic champions less effective. Spite and Burden of Might are not affected by AAR btw.

I do hope they at least make the 20% Prowess passive, as that fixes a lot of issues.

Not many people can heavy-intercept, especially with a champion with a short range heavy attack as Magneto. I pretty much disagree that this is only my problem... It is enough of a problem for enough people to make it detrimental to the champion.

I mention shrug off as you need to parry in order to charge and release the heavy attack. That will not work against many skill champions.

The combination of robots with empowered immunity is pretty much standard these days (look at Dragon Man), so any monthly quest with a robot as a boss will mean no SP3 or SP1. But indeed, there is a work-around with the SP2. His crit rating is average, so you might get lucky or you need an extra crit team.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Totally agree he should be immune to reverse controls
    Lormif said:

Again you are still under bad assumpions about playing him even in a suboptimal way. His unstoppable heavy will still work against non metal champs, just with a longer cooldown. There are ways to heavy in cases of limber and stun immunity..

There is nothing in his kit that helped him in the auto fight against WS other than the extra 846 attack, There were no perfect blocks that I remember, his 200 sig ability only allowed him to tank up to 10 hits, WS in rol only had about 1200 attack, so that does not even come into play. Mags was hitting for a little less than 7k crit damage without any buffs, and can still get +100% special damage for specials (4 20% prowesses) even if not magnetized nor able to heavy.

I am being critical of the hype around him and pointing out weak spots that I believe are crippling him a lot. He is a one-trick kind of champion. He isn't flexible, what is necessary for a champion in 2020.
    MikeHock said:

Totally agree he should be immune to reverse controls

He is still immune, fortunately, but still an easter egg. I checked Katy Candy's 2h livestream and Emma Frost can't reverse control him. I wonder if Lagacy did another Grandmaster solo...

If you start to count, that are a lot of instances where he doesn't shine. Burden of Might, Spite and Pilfer has been Kabam's favourite nodes for tech champions, because it makes cosmic champions less effective. Spite and Burden of Might are not affected by AAR btw.

I do hope they at least make the 20% Prowess passive, as that fixes a lot of issues.

Not many people can heavy-intercept, especially with a champion with a short range heavy attack as Magneto. I pretty much disagree that this is only my problem... It is enough of a problem for enough people to make it detrimental to the champion.

I mention shrug off as you need to parry in order to charge and release the heavy attack. That will not work against many skill champions.

The combination of robots with empowered immunity is pretty much standard these days (look at Dragon Man), so any monthly quest with a robot as a boss will mean no SP3 or SP1. But indeed, there is a work-around with the SP2. His crit rating is average, so you might get lucky or you need an extra crit team.
    My point stands all the same, you are naming very specific instances where he won’t shine, for which there is an easy work around (don’t bring him) but you aren’t accounting for how much he will shine in the opposite direction. For every 1 occasion you can list where he won’t be incredible there will be dozens that you won’t list where he is. There are 50+ metal champs in the game and stun immunity might seem ever prevalent In the contest but it really isn’t. Same goes for some of those other champs/nodes you mentioned. He’s not supposed to be the best champ in the game for every situation just for some of them. From everything I’ve seen content creators are constantly prefacing their hype with statements like “in the right matchups”, but truthfully that goes for all the top champs in the game, everyone has their weaknesses it’s how the game is balanced. To me, he’s another torch but better because there are more champs that fit his matchup and we all know how revered torch is in his matchups.
    Calling it now. He’ll be easily the second, if not first (Omega) best mutant in the game by half a mile at least.