**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let's talk about the Life Transfer/Psychic Thorns lane in Variant 5.

Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 3,050 ★★★★★
So Today I took my second attempt of cometing V5.3.1. I had decided on the lane in the title and had 2 Team revives and some pots at the ready. I'd gone in last time and flopped pretty hard, but I thought it was just me not playing good enough. I was wrong.

Here is the lane:

While the lane may not seem too bad, it's actually the worst path that I have encountered so far in V5. You may be wondering why and I'm going to explain.

First of all, since this is V5, you are limited to Spider-Verse Heroes, Symbiotes and Mystics. That's fine, I have no problem with that. That limits you to 40 available characters that you can use.

With that out of the way, let me explain my problem. The Linked Nodes are Life Transfer and Psychic Thorns, as I said. Life Transfer is a great node. I have no problem with it. Combined with Psychic Thorns, it becomes more challenging and kinda fun. However, you kinda have to rely on crits so you can outdamage Life transfer degen and Psychic Thorns damage back. That's not too bad.

However, my problem lies with the defenders chosen. The Act 7 Beta cancellation addressed the fact that a node combo can be ruined by a small thing. That's exactly what happened here.

Let's go over the defenders and why I think they are horribly chosen.

Mutant Symbiote: Actually not too bad. He's bleed immune, so SS take a century to get through the fight, but not the worst.

BW: DAAR is a pain. Her evade is stupid and it just makes things worse. Since you can't rely on parry, you end up taking block damage on top of samage you're already taking.

Dormammu: Boy oh boy where do I even start?! On top of the node combo that you'll really want energy damage champs for, you have dorm. Dorm isn't too bad to fight, however, guess what happens if you accidentally dex? DEGEN. On top of life Transfer degen, on top of Psychic Thorns. Horrible design.

Emma: Not too bad of a defender either. However, Life Transfer and emma is a combo I severely underestimated. Let's remind ourselves that Life Transfer heals you based on damage you do, same with Psychic Thorns. Anyone wanna guess the interaction between those nodes when Emma is in diamond form? Reduced damage and reduced healing. So if you don't have an energy damage champ or a very strong armor break champ, you are screwed.

Blade: Straightforward. Annoying, but striaghtforward.

Guillotine 2099: Worse than Dorm and Emma. Horribly designed. Extremely Toxic.
So By the time you get to Chap 3, you've already seen that random breakthrough iceman. If you think that placement is bad, then G2099 would like to have a word with you!
So with G2099, you have to knock her down to disable her digi cloak. Pretty easy. She has a power drain on the Sp1. No biggie. Heal reversal on the the Sp2: Beyond Ridiculous. By iteslf? No. On Life Transfer and Psychic Thorns? Definitely.

Who desgigned that fight? Heal reversal on Life Transfer? That sounds like an actual joke. You can't get to SP2 or SP3. You can't forget to heavy her routinely or you're dead. C'mon man! Even iceman had viable counters. Who exactly are you using for this fight? Unit Man?

I thought that Kabam was going to stop making niche paths and fights everywhere. V5 is great, but paths and fights like these ruin it. I'm not asking for the defenders to be changed, I'm just asking for this type of design to stop. It's not fun and it's not challenging.

Thank you for reading if you did.

Comments

• The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Pretty easy path
    Died once from my mistake against EF
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    You can heal from life-transfer if you play well enough
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I used r4 starky for dorm and it was easy...he did most of the fights and was easily able to heal from life transfer...used sorcerer supreme against emma to armour break her and it was an easy fight...i did die a couple times but that was on me
  • ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210
    This was the path I actually chose for completion. Found G2099 to be fine as long as you don't push her to sp2, and for Dorm the block damage for his attacks and even his specials can be healed back up using life transfer. Both of them become a lot easier with any power control champ (I used Rank 3/45 spider-gwen for Dorm and 5/65 Magik for g2099)
  • ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    This was the path I targeted for initial completion because it was the easiest one lol. I ended with full health.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I’ve only done the clear of v5 so far, i
    picked that path because I thought it was the easiest
  • Yashfcb10Yashfcb10 Posts: 16
    I beat the whole lane with 4* stark spiderman. Easiest lane in the quest
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

This didn't go over well. Also, physical damage champs take tons of damage back unless they are of course R5/R2. Your crits and energy damage attacks are the only things that keep you alive.

Life transfer is supposed to negate/ cancel out the damage

I believe both new spider men have heavies that don’t get psych I thorns damage
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    No items spent on that path for me.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Used Spark and Gwen for the whole thing. Had no real problems
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Symbiote supreme is one of the best options there. He doesn’t take the thorns damage, heals from his specials then the life transfer node helps him too.
  • Ctfz35Ctfz35 Posts: 69
    Very easy path in my opinion. I did it with Sparky
  • QuincyPeckQuincyPeck Posts: 63
    Yup, Sparky all day long. I found it really easy with him.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Didn’t read. Use Sym
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    i find it hilarious that every comment that says it was easy has a disagree... i wonder from who.

but at any rate, it was the easiest path by far and i left it for last when i explored that quest cause i knew it wouldnt cost a single item.

no need to worry about Guillotine 2099 SP2 if you dont push her that far, pretty simple really.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    That’s funny, that was the easiest path in the whole variant. Doom shreds it.
  • odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Easy path. First one I did. I think you just need to git gud
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Seriously..thats the path you are complaining about? Thats one of the easiest path in V5.
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    Super easy and most fun path
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    this is the funniest post i’ve ever seen tbh. that was easily the quickest and easiest path in that chapter because literally so many mystics have energy attacks. also the fact that every single comment that counters OP’s post has a disagree, wonder who disagreed LOL
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

this is the funniest post i’ve ever seen tbh. that was easily the quickest and easiest path in that chapter because literally so many mystics have energy attacks. also the fact that every single comment that counters OP’s post has a disagree, wonder who disagreed LOL

Not me, surprisingly. I don't do that. I understand now, that I have an unpopular opinion.
    It’s not an unpopular opinion. All these guys that stating this lane was easy we’re using 5* r5 and 6* r2/r3 to clear it. Same as I did.
    Using 5* r3/r4 with a relatively low attack rating makes this lane a huge challenge. With low rank champs this lane is definitely hard 😉
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I used a rank 5 doom and it was fun. He works great on guillotine 2099. I didn't even notice the thorns damage