Champion Spotlight - Magneto




About Magneto
The Master of Magnetism, Magneto is one of the most powerful- and iconic - mutants on Earth. As Max Eisenhardt, he experienced unspeakable atrocities. As Magneto, he crusades for the rights of mutants - often at any cost. He commands the forces of magnetism, generating force bolts or manipulating metal at will. Sometimes champion, sometimes fanatic, Magneto has fought with the X-Men as often as he has fought against them.

Magneto’s Mechanics

    Magneto is the new king of Prowess and Bleed in The Contest. Using his mastery over metal he will reduce #Metal opponents to nothing more than a slight annoyance. Unleash massive Special Attacks after stacking tons of Prowess buffs for insane damage.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  6548  490  1669
 4-Star  15660  1092  4804
 5-Star  31398  2189  10490
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  40458  2820  13469

Character Class: Mutant
Basic Abilities:
Prowess, Armor Break, Bleed

STRENGTHS:
  • Bleed and Shock Resistance:
  • The new and improved Magneto now rocks a massive 90% reduction to both Bleed and Shock Potency

  • Massive Burst Damage:
  • With the sheer amount of Prowess you can get in Magneto’s kit, you’ll be able to dish out massive damage with his Special Attacks

  • Anti-Healing:
  • Magneto’s mastery of the #Metal Champions lets him immediately ignore and reverse any incoming healing they may gain!
WEAKNESSES:
  • Nullify:
  • The updated Magneto has got a ton Buffs popping at every turn. Shutting down his Buffs with a powerful Mystic will severely hamper his damage

  • Stun Immune:
  • Magneto's new kit has him throwing tons of Heavy Attacks. He has some counters to stun immune, but you really want to be able to land Parry whenever you can!

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion


Magnetism - Fighting #Metal Champions
  • #Metal opponents suffer an indefinite Magnetized Passive which is applied 1 second[s] after the start of the fight and does the following:
  • -70% Ability Accuracy & -105% Regeneration rate.
  • Magneto’s abilities gain special [Magnet] bonuses.
Dev Notes: This massive amount of reduction to both Regeneration Rate and Ability Accuracy is going to let you cruise through any #Metal opponent you might run into!

Mutation - Always Active
  • Magneto’s attacks deal Energy damage instead of Physical.
  • Incoming Bleed & Shock Debuffs suffer -90% Potency.
  • [Magnet] +50% Perfect Block Chance.
  • [Magnet] +656 Attack rating.
  • [Magnet] Attacks cannot be Auto-Blocked or Miss.
Dev Notes: Don’t Forget that Perfect Block Chance will increase your Parry Stun time. That is going to be key in getting the max out of Magneto’s heavy Charge!


[Magnet] Ignore Class Disadvantage
  • During fights where Magneto has a Class Disadvantage, he removes his Attack Penalty and his opponent loses their Attack Bonus.
Dev Notes: Yes this does include the superior class!

Knock the Opponent Down
  • 100% chance to gain an indefinite Prowess Buff, which is removed after Magneto’s next Special Attack and grants +20% Special Attack damage. Max Stacks: 5. [Magnet] No Max Stack limit.
Charging Heavy Attacks
  • Magneto’s force field grants him an Unstoppable Buff during the attack. If struck during a Heavy Attack, this effect goes on cooldown for 14 seconds. [Magnet] Cooldown shortened by 10 seconds.
  • If held for 0.7 seconds, each Prowess Buff has a 100% chance to grant another Prowess Buff, lasting 10 seconds and providing +5% Special Attack damage. Max Stacks: 30.
Dev Notes: This is going to be your Key to getting massive bleed on the Special 3 Attack, as well as amping all your special damage. The timing is just right that you will have a small visual cue right when the charge is done.

[Magnet] Enhanced Bleed Debuffs
  • Personal Bleed Debuffs are upgraded into Shrapnel Bleeds which inflict 1532 Physical damage when they expire.
  • If the opponent is Immune to a Bleed Debuff, inflict an Armor Break Debuff, reducing Armor Rating by 525 for 12 seconds.
Special Attacks
Special 1 Attack: SHRAPNEL
  • 100% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff, causing 1641 direct damage over 6 seconds.
  • If the opponent has an Armor Break Debuff, inflict an additional Bleed.
  • [Magnet] Inflict an additional Bleed.

Special 2 Attack: FRACTURE
  • 100% chance to inflict an Armor Break Debuff, reducing Armor Rating by 1400 for 10 seconds. This Armor Break does not stack but is re-applied each time Magneto gains a Prowess effect.
  • [Magnet] This Debuff triggers when the Special Attack is launched.

Special 3 Attack:COLD-BLOODED FUSION
  • If the opponent is a #Hero Champion, 100% chance to gain a 30 second Fury Buff, granting +1641 Attack.
  • [Magnet] 100% chance to gain a 30 second Fury Buff, granting +1641 Attack.
  • Each Prowess Buff on Magneto has a 70% chance to inflict 1 Bleed Debuff, causing 1203.95 direct damage over 8 seconds.
Dev Notes: See how many Fury’s you can stack up in a fight, and then unleash your Special 3 Attack for an insane amount of Bleed Damage.

Signature Ability: Homo Superior

    Mutation - Always Active
  • Magneto’s mutation reaches Omega level, preventing him from losing more than 3136.97 Health from any single damage source, excluding damage from a Special 3 Attack.
  • He also gains +232.76 Critical Resistance and Block Penetration. [Magnet] This attribute bonus is increased by +100%.
  • Heavy Attacks now deal a burst of 2189 Energy Damage.
Dev Notes: I find that the Signature Ability letting me tank a few hits while Charging his Heavy Attack is a great way to deal with Stun Immune!



SYNERGY BONUSES
Enemies - with Wolverine, Wolverine (X-23), Old Man Logan
  • All Champions Gain +155 Critical Rating

Nemesis - with Cyclops (Blue Team), Professor X
  • All Champions Gain 6% Attack

Rivals - Storm, Cyclops (New Xavier School), Apocalypse
  • All Champions Gain +115 Critical Damage Rating

Mutant Agenda - Omega Red, Rogue, Sunspot
  • Mutant landed strikes during Special Attacks gain +12% Attack rating

My Metallic Antipathy - with Wolverine, Mojo, Guillotine 2099, M.O.D.O.K.
  • Magneto: While fighting #Metal Champions, Special Attacks gain +15% Attack rating and cost 15% less Power.
  • Solo: Only affects this Champion and does not stack.

My Brotherhood - Juggernaut, Magik, Scarlet Witch, Sabretooth
  • Magneto: Knocking the opponent down has a 100% chance to inflict a 12 second Heal Block Debuff. [Magnet] Inflict a Heal Block Passive instead.
  • Solo: Only affects this Champion and does not stack.

My Contest Now- with Ultron, Doctor Doom, Kingpin, King Groot
  • Magneto: While fighting #Hero Champions, Special Attacks gain +15% Attack rating and gain a Cruelty Buff lasting 14 seconds and increasing Critical Damage Rating by 800.
  • Solo: Only affects this Champion and does not stack.

My Hellfire Club - with Archangel, Phoenix, Night Thrasher, Emma Frost
  • Magneto: Personal Armor Break and Bleed Debuffs gain +20% Duration.
  • Solo: Only affects this Champion and does not stack.



RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Deep Wounds
  • Magneto has a ton of bleed damage in his new kit, make sure to max that out with Deep Wounds!

Double Edge
  • Magneto now has a massive 90% Reduction to incoming Bleed Damage making him an amazing candidate to rock Double Edge

Coagulate
  • Magneto has already got 90% reduction to Bleed Damage in his base kit. Add an extra 10% to totally ignore any Bleed Damage!
«1

Comments

  • AdvAdv Posts: 50
    Is there any change fro the beta version?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 8,938 ★★★★★
    Good to see the prestige buff so us endgame aq players can justify ranking him over some others
  • MadooriCMadooriC Posts: 39
    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    They capped the prowess to 30. I don't think that was the case in beta
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 949 ★★★
    MadooriC said:

    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    They capped the prowess to 30. I don't think that was the case in beta
    Believe max stacks use to be 45 and indefinite against #metal.

    Pretty sure everything else is the same I'm sure someone else will chime in if not
  • SavageSavage Posts: 437 ★★★
    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    Reduced armor break potency against bleed immune and 10 less maximum prowess from heavy charge. Still going to be a beyond god tier champion though
  • slackerslacker Posts: 259 ★★
    edited August 28
    MadooriC said:

    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    They capped the prowess to 30. I don't think that was the case in beta
    Also the potencial of armor break, i guess
  • DaEffM8DaEffM8 Posts: 2
    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    A couple of changes are made but he is still looking pretty sick.
    1) Heavy prowess stacks reduced to a maximum of 30 from 40.
    2) Armor break potency was decreased a little bit for the bleed immune champs.
    3) shrapnel bleed damage increased
    4) Bleed damage from sp3 decreased from 1640 to 1203
  • MadooriCMadooriC Posts: 39
    Savage said:

    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    Reduced armor break potency against bleed immune and 10 less maximum prowess from heavy charge. Still going to be a beyond god tier champion though
    Yeah! Also there's an increase in the personal bleed-shrapnel bleed
  • AdvAdv Posts: 50
    DaEffM8 said:

    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    A couple of changes are made but he is still looking pretty sick.
    1) Heavy prowess stacks reduced to a maximum of 30 from 40.
    2) Armor break potency was decreased a little bit for the bleed immune champs.
    3) shrapnel bleed damage increased
    4) Bleed damage from sp3 decreased from 1640 to 1203
    Thanks. Still looks awesome though. Would he be worth an AG though? The damage increase is there.
  • MadooriCMadooriC Posts: 39
    WRIR said:

    Why cap the prowess at 30 from 40? That's total 250% Prowes...nothing compared to the other "Prowess Kings". That's 1 Flare charge, 1 Proxima mission. Sunspot can get 4 realistically, and proxima can also get 4. How can you claim that he's the "Prowess King" now? White mags will hit harder at this point with his 175% Prowess +50% potency increase.

    Because he can gain prowess by charging his heavy attack unlike sunspot. I'm not familiar with proxima
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 174
    MadooriC said:

    WRIR said:

    Why cap the prowess at 30 from 40? That's total 250% Prowes...nothing compared to the other "Prowess Kings". That's 1 Flare charge, 1 Proxima mission. Sunspot can get 4 realistically, and proxima can also get 4. How can you claim that he's the "Prowess King" now? White mags will hit harder at this point with his 175% Prowess +50% potency increase.

    Because he can gain prowess by charging his heavy attack unlike sunspot. I'm not familiar with proxima
    Sure but my point is that his max prowess is nothing near the other prowess kings, thus that the nerf is unneccessary.
  • Buff still looks great and the prestige bump is nice.
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 84
    so unduped 6* worth R2?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 6,497 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

    MadooriC said:

    WRIR said:

    Why cap the prowess at 30 from 40? That's total 250% Prowes...nothing compared to the other "Prowess Kings". That's 1 Flare charge, 1 Proxima mission. Sunspot can get 4 realistically, and proxima can also get 4. How can you claim that he's the "Prowess King" now? White mags will hit harder at this point with his 175% Prowess +50% potency increase.

    Because he can gain prowess by charging his heavy attack unlike sunspot. I'm not familiar with proxima
    Sure but my point is that his max prowess is nothing near the other prowess kings, thus that the nerf is unneccessary.
    because he can still get more than that with the knockdown and metals still get unlimited from that Those are also indefinite.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 6,497 ★★★★★
    Sbkrueb said:

    so unduped 6* worth R2?

    duped does not add much value above what he is already unless you are looking for a tank.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 8,938 ★★★★★
    Can I ask why annihilus is getting the metal tag? His armour is made of a substance similar to the exoskeleton of arthropods today, which is generally made of chitin (non metal) if someone could explain the reasoning that would be great (not just a ‘that’s what the game says’) be it a different version of the character or something like that
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 174
    edited August 28
    Lormif said:

    WRIR said:

    MadooriC said:

    WRIR said:

    Why cap the prowess at 30 from 40? That's total 250% Prowes...nothing compared to the other "Prowess Kings". That's 1 Flare charge, 1 Proxima mission. Sunspot can get 4 realistically, and proxima can also get 4. How can you claim that he's the "Prowess King" now? White mags will hit harder at this point with his 175% Prowess +50% potency increase.

    Because he can gain prowess by charging his heavy attack unlike sunspot. I'm not familiar with proxima
    Sure but my point is that his max prowess is nothing near the other prowess kings, thus that the nerf is unneccessary.
    because he can still get more than that with the knockdown and metals still get unlimited from that Those are also indefinite.
    250% Prowess was INCLUDING knockdown prowess. Against non-metals, I don't really think he'll hit hard enough to be "Prowess King". Knockdown prowess are not indefinite. They expire after 1 use.

    Also his attack was 2680 in the beta. So they decreased his attack rating by 500 also. Great.
  • MadooriCMadooriC Posts: 39
    Lvernon15 said:

    Can I ask why annihilus is getting the metal tag? His armour is made of a substance similar to the exoskeleton of arthropods today, which is generally made of chitin (non metal) if someone could explain the reasoning that would be great (not just a ‘that’s what the game says’) be it a different version of the character or something like that

    I guess because of the cosmic rod. That's the thing with armors of Taskmaster, thor and Thor Jane Foster
  • ImranImran Posts: 462 ★★★
    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    POWERSS BUFF AND armour break nerf from beta. :(
    So, now he is different champ from what we saw in beta.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 6,497 ★★★★★
    Imran said:

    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    POWERSS BUFF AND armour break nerf from beta. :(
    So, now he is different champ from what we saw in beta.
    there was no beta, that was leaked CCP data later allowed, and he is not majorly changed.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 6,497 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

    Lormif said:

    WRIR said:

    Lormif said:

    WRIR said:

    MadooriC said:

    WRIR said:

    Why cap the prowess at 30 from 40? That's total 250% Prowes...nothing compared to the other "Prowess Kings". That's 1 Flare charge, 1 Proxima mission. Sunspot can get 4 realistically, and proxima can also get 4. How can you claim that he's the "Prowess King" now? White mags will hit harder at this point with his 175% Prowess +50% potency increase.

    Because he can gain prowess by charging his heavy attack unlike sunspot. I'm not familiar with proxima
    Sure but my point is that his max prowess is nothing near the other prowess kings, thus that the nerf is unneccessary.
    because he can still get more than that with the knockdown and metals still get unlimited from that Those are also indefinite.
    250% Prowess was INCLUDING knockdown prowess. Against non-metals, I don't really think he'll hit hard enough to be "Prowess King". Knockdown prowess are not indefinite. They expire after 1 use.
    They are indefinate until that use:

    Knock the Opponent Down

    100% chance to gain an indefinite Prowess Buff, which is removed after Magneto’s next Special Attack and grants +20% Special Attack damage. Max Stacks: 5. [Magnet] No Max Stack limit.


    indefiniate buffs typically last until something uses them.

    Compare this to sunspot, he gets massive bonuses from his prowesses, but can only get 10, and that is not easy to get to. you can get to 35+ of these preatty easily against non metal, and a lot more against metal easily. At 35 he is going to be doing 700% damage increase, so 2.5 flare states, but it also works on ANY SP, not just the SP2.
    No. The 30 are 5% Prowess. So its 250% Prowess MAX. I think people confused this a lot during the beta and cried for an unecessary nerf. READ the DESCRIPTIONS people... he was always capped at 300%.

    So thanks everyone who wanted white mags tk be better. Kabam now nerfed red mags so that he has 10% less attack and 20% less prowess. You're welcome
    Sorry, my mistake on the %, but against metal he will be amazing, which is a large section of the game, beating all those other "gods". And that is how he should be.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 174
    edited August 28
    Lormif said:

    Imran said:

    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    POWERSS BUFF AND armour break nerf from beta. :(
    So, now he is different champ from what we saw in beta.
    there was no beta, that was leaked CCP data later allowed, and he is not majorly changed.
    How is this not "Majorly Changed"? His attack was decreased by 500, which is about a fifth of his original attack rating, his prowess was reduced by 50%, 1/6 of the original max, and with the prowess nerf, his bleeds were effectively nerfed too, about a fourth.

    I remember Seatin say "if he keeps at least 70% of his current power" about the beta. My math rn shows that well, he has approcimately 0.8*0
    84 = 0.672% of his shown power in the video, as well as bleed nerfs, and not to mention the armor break nerf so realistically more like 60%.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 422 ★★★
    Does the Shock resistance apply to passive shocks from emp modification?
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 174

    Does the Shock resistance apply to passive shocks from emp modification?

    No. It is against shock debuffs.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 174
    WRIR said:

    Lormif said:

    Imran said:

    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    POWERSS BUFF AND armour break nerf from beta. :(
    So, now he is different champ from what we saw in beta.
    there was no beta, that was leaked CCP data later allowed, and he is not majorly changed.
    How is this not "Majorly Changed"? His attack was decreased by 500, which is about a fifth of his original attack rating, his prowess was reduced by 50%, 1/6 of the original max, and with the prowess nerf, his bleeds were effectively nerfed too, about a fourth.

    I remember Seatin say "if he keeps at least 70% of his current power" about the beta. My math rn shows that well, he has approcimately 0.8*0
    84 = 0.672% of his shown power in the video, as well as bleed nerfs, and not to mention the armor break nerf so realistically more like 60%.
    Actually n
    WRIR said:

    Lormif said:

    Imran said:

    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    POWERSS BUFF AND armour break nerf from beta. :(
    So, now he is different champ from what we saw in beta.
    there was no beta, that was leaked CCP data later allowed, and he is not majorly changed.
    How is this not "Majorly Changed"? His attack was decreased by 500, which is about a fifth of his original attack rating, his prowess was reduced by 50%, 1/6 of the original max, and with the prowess nerf, his bleeds were effectively nerfed too, about a fourth.

    I remember Seatin say "if he keeps at least 70% of his current power" about the beta. My math rn shows that well, he has approcimately 0.8*0
    84 = 0.672% of his shown power in the video, as well as bleed nerfs, and not to mention the armor break nerf so realistically more like 60%.
    Actually, I was wrong. His attack was jot reduced. I think the video I saw was on boosts. I'm still not happy about the prowess nerf, but its not as bad!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 6,497 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

    Lormif said:

    Imran said:

    Adv said:

    Is there any change fro the beta version?

    POWERSS BUFF AND armour break nerf from beta. :(
    So, now he is different champ from what we saw in beta.
    there was no beta, that was leaked CCP data later allowed, and he is not majorly changed.
    How is this not "Majorly Changed"? His attack was decreased by 500, which is about a fifth of his original attack rating, his prowess was reduced by 50%, 1/6 of the original max, and with the prowess nerf, his bleeds were effectively nerfed too, about a fourth.

    I remember Seatin say "if he keeps at least 70% of his current power" about the beta. My math rn shows that well, he has approcimately 0.8*0
    84 = 0.672% of his shown power in the video, as well as bleed nerfs, and not to mention the armor break nerf so realistically more like 60%.
    where is the 500 less attack coming from? At 6* r3 Grant was showing him with 2871, he now has 2820, that is not a 500 decrease, it is more like 51.
Sign In or Register to comment.