**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unintended (?) #Metal interaction with Terrax

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
This is a quick question to Kabam: did they take into account the interaction with Terrax when they changed the Metal tags?

One of my top counters to Terrax is Hulk Ragnarok. He activates Face Me during the Rock Field and he has some power control with the SP2.

At least, he used to have that last part. With him having the Metal tag, Terrax becomes immune to his Enervate debuff. That's quite the nerf.

Coincidentally, by removing the Metal tag from Gwenpool, her SP2 Enervate can be used on Terrax (if anyone would use her in this bleed immune match-up).

I'm not a crybaby for compensation, but Terrax was one of the match-ups I ranked-up my 5* Hulk Ragnarok for. So I really would like to know if this is intentional.

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Erocks said:

Doesn't really matter. Ghulk is a great counter to Terrax because of his Face Me, not because of his Enervate. He'll still work at 95% efficiency as before.

It does matter. I would argue he dropped to 70% effiency because he will lose his power control.
  • AtomixX33AtomixX33 Posts: 63
    wait wouldn't you want him to go in that faze cause you gain more damage from face me. he doesn't drop 70 % in efficiency cause he does more damage
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    AtomixX33 said:

wait wouldn't you want him to go in that faze cause you gain more damage from face me. he doesn't drop 70 % in efficiency cause he does more damage

That's not the issue. Due to Terrax ability to be immune to power manipulation caused by #metal champions, Ghulk will now not be able to proc the enervate debuff on him
  • AtomixX33AtomixX33 Posts: 63
    i know but without enervate terrax gains more power and activates specials more
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Erocks said:

Doesn't really matter. Ghulk is a great counter to Terrax because of his Face Me, not because of his Enervate. He'll still work at 95% efficiency as before.

It does matter. I would argue he dropped to 70% effiency because he will lose his power control.
    But like people have said, why would you want to control his power if you're using Gulk? The whole point of using him would be being in face me. Other wise you'd just use an actual good power control champ and just wait out the initial field.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Do you find yourself facing so many tough Terrax fights that you would rank a champ to counter?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Do you find yourself facing so many tough Terrax fights that you would rank a champ to counter?

Yeah. I just use Hyperion and spam L1 to get him out of my face if I’m getting backed up.
    AtomixX33 said:

I said dropped to 70%, not dropped by 70%.

You can be certain he is in every monthly quest and becoming more regular in side-quests. So yeah, you better have a counter.