Champion Spotlight - Apocalypse [Updated Syenrgies]

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 2,428 ★★★★★

Good lord, he’s gonna be amazing. That synergy with Psylocke is gonna be huge for her. Is Apocalypse gonna be available in the next featured five star???

From Lagacy’s video it looks like the CCP were told Apocalypse is coming on the 24th

So the featured after next unfortunately I think
    Nooooooooooooooooo
    I’m so sorry. Grind the 4* in arena if you can, even the 3* if it has the Psylocke synergy. At least then you can play around with it. I certainly will be
    Sigh, I guess I’ll finally have to grind out a featured four star. The only thing is that I can’t take the four star into Book 2 which is where I need the synergy. So I probably won’t even bother. Oh well, at least I’ll be able to get Professor X from the new featured.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 5,418 ★★★★★
    this man looks sick too
  • GagoHGagoH Posts: 949 ★★★
    The AA synergy seems underwhelming
  • E_Rich423E_Rich423 Posts: 80
    Either raise the cap of TWO on his sig ability regen or amp it up a bit. That is such an AWESOME idea yet you capped it soooo low.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike can we get a horesman tag?
    Who are the horesmen?
    AA, gambit, psyloke, iceman, hulk, wolverine?????
    There is about 15 horsemen in marvel history. Who does mcoc have and consider a horseman
  • Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 1,957 ★★★

Who are the horesmen?
    There is about 15 horsemen in marvel history. Who does mcoc have and consider a horseman

What for though? You don't exactly need a horsemen of apocalypse to make them horsemen nor will they have added effects
    The ones in his synergy will and thats it
  • Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 1,957 ★★★
    Please kabam try to enter apocalypse in next featured
  • slackerslacker Posts: 259 ★★
    edited September 1

Who are the horesmen?

He can make every mutant into horsemen of apocalypse
  • Mav3NMav3N Posts: 7
    Synergy with magneto is missing, as apocalypse has enhanced his powers that should be included in synergy. Later on magneto has changed the side, but AA and Psylocke also did. @Kabam Miike
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 692 ★★★

Isnt starting with 3 charges when defending the final node in a quest too strong? in AW context a defending apocalypse just needs 1 kill and from then on he will be nearly unbeatable cause when he hits into your block with a light attack(which is gonna happen all the time since final node in AW is stun immune and we usually block a bit to bait heavy) he is going to stun you and kill you, meaning the only way to win from that point is to perfectly intercept all the way.

This needs to be nerfed down, maybe just keep the 2 charges for being a defender and removing the 3 charges for being the final boss, that way we have more opportunities to kill apocalypse before the hell begins.

Or you could just use robots
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 388 ★★
    Counter seems to be sentinel with a mutant in his team...this should ice Mr Apocalypse
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 43
    Everyone is hyped either for this guy or Magneto rework and I'm just silently watching from afar how they both make my boy AA beyond broken...

BTW, I believe there is a typo in the description of his unawakened skill but I can't check it right now. I believe the word spelled wrong was rejuvenation or something similar.
    @Kabam Miike

• BulmktBulmkt Posts: 388 ★★
    Maybe Mr Vision OG will also be a good counter against Apocalypse? Spam his SP1 and stop Apocalypse in his tracks?

Even Mr Starlord himself should do ok...
  • ms_5707983ms_5707983 Posts: 86
    So, the synergy with AA, it pauses the *timer* of the neurotoxin, correct? As in damage still being done, but now for a longer period of time. I read that correctly?

So, the synergy with AA, it pauses the *timer* of the neurotoxin, correct? As in damage still being done, but now for a longer period of time. I read that correctly?

Yes but its barely noticable 10% chance (prr heavy) for 3 seconds.
  • _suge__suge_ Posts: 5
    When is the early access bundle for these champs ?
  • SneakykoSneakyko Posts: 176 ★★
    Qfury said:

Why you gotta do quake like that. Kabam indirectly nerfing quake

How’s it nerfing quake it’s just a champ who counters evade like a good few other ones
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 526 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Boo has there been any thought around how this champ will interact with stubborn on AW-D and how the only way to remove the indestructible passive is to block hits?

It seems that at 4 genetic enhancements people will just walk away
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,218 ★★★★
    Rotelly said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Boo has there been any thought around how this champ will interact with stubborn on AW-D and how the only way to remove the indestructible passive is to block hits?

Once it comes to that state it's pretty much GG unless you first block his medium hit to remove the indestructible then you have to immediately not dex him but rather shallow evade him and then after that hope that you can intercept him, which is damn near impossible to pull off.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,898 ★★★★

Isnt starting with 3 charges when defending the final node in a quest too strong? in AW context a defending apocalypse just needs 1 kill and from then on he will be nearly unbeatable cause when he hits into your block with a light attack(which is gonna happen all the time since final node in AW is stun immune and we usually block a bit to bait heavy) he is going to stun you and kill you, meaning the only way to win from that point is to perfectly intercept all the way.

This needs to be nerfed down, maybe just keep the 2 charges for being a defender and removing the 3 charges for being the final boss, that way we have more opportunities to kill apocalypse before the hell begins.

Since it doesn’t work on well timed blocks, you should be able to avoid this by “double parrying“ his light attacks. Even if he isn’t stunned, you’ll still avoid his abilities.
    So the solution is to well-timed block his entire combo?

Best of luck with that!

It's certainly an interesting new twist on the recent Unblockable meta.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,898 ★★★★
    edited September 1

Rotelly said:

Once it comes to that state it's pretty much GG unless you first block his medium hit to remove the indestructible then you have to immediately not dex him but rather shallow evade him and then after that hope that you can intercept him, which is damn near impossible to pull off.
    Proxima should completely bypass this mechanic.

Nick Fury in his real form is stun immune, so could be useful even with class disadvantage.

I agree though, it's a pretty nasty mechanic to work around.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 43

Miike, I don't want to criticise the internal communications at Kabam HQ or anything - but did no-one tell the Art department that the one thing Apocalypse doesn't do is Incinerate...

Judging by this screen alone he's the most 'Murican hero in the game, and he's not even from the continent.

Sorry to all four Steves.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 1,537 ★★★★
    edited September 1
    Hmm seems like warlock ought to put in good work on Mr apocalypse this month lol.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 226 ★★
    IRQ said:

Miike, I don't want to criticise the internal communications at Kabam HQ or anything - but did no-one tell the Art department that the one thing Apocalypse doesn't do is Incinerate...

Judging by this screen alone he's the most 'Murican hero in the game, and he's not even from the continent.

Sorry to all four Steves.
    I know who would make the perfect VP candidate to an Apocalypse Administration.

Qfury said:

Why you gotta do quake like that. Kabam indirectly nerfing quake

Its not a nerf, Its a meta shift. Also why they’re releasing double medium hit champs, for ghost and quake. Cant nerf them since they require skill but this way it lets them “indirectly” do it
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 2,006 ★★★★
    Apocalyps had to be the Doom of the Mutant class. I'll need more confirmation, but he seems to fulfill that expectation.
  • GodslayerBlayneGodslayerBlayne Posts: 268 ★★

Good lord, he’s gonna be amazing. That synergy with Psylocke is gonna be huge for her. Is Apocalypse gonna be available in the next featured five star???

most likely, the next featured releases in 34 days as of the time of writing this comment.
  • GodslayerBlayneGodslayerBlayne Posts: 268 ★★
    and yes, I agree, he looks amazing, so many unique abilities, he looks like he will have such a wide range of uses and utilities.