**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about the ban

Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
This is not a QQ thread just a simple question.

We all know about the ban that happened recently in regards to the Treasure Island. My question revolves around that.

We had 1 person in our alliance who was banned. I have no sympathy for him, he cheated and he got what he deserved. The most recent war. The one that just ended was the rewards cut off one.

Now for the question. Since that person placed but was banned will he be eligible for season rewards? I’ve read in the multi page discussion that the ban was timed right so they wouldn’t get season rewards? Is this true? Because said cheater has been active for all wars with the exception of the one he was banned for in the middle of placement. He did place but didn’t attack.

Reason I am asking is because I don’t tolerate cheaters no matter the reason or severity of it. I’m of mind to just kick him. But since he did contribute and would earn those season rewards I am kind enough to let him collect them then kick him.

Anyone know the answer to that?

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    i thought you have to be in the alliance for the final 5 wars? that won't be possible if you got banned yesterday
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    No you just have to participate in at least 5 wars in the season before and after cutoff counts if I’m not mistaken. So if you join fight 4 before the cutoff and 1 after you still get rewards. But if you join before the cutoff and only fight 4 you won’t.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 534 ★★★
    When the rewards come out, he would have to have participated in 5 wars since joining that alliance to get them.

So if you kicked him, it's probably too late to get the rewards if he joins another alliance.
    If you don't kick him, you would have to keep him around another week and a half until the rewards come out for him to get them.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

I’ve read in the multi page discussion that the ban was timed right so they wouldn’t get season rewards? Is this true?

I don't think game developer need to stoop so low. It is more likely a coincidence in timing.

That account maybe be banned for a period but it does not mean the person owing the account is a cheater. :)

I’ve read in the multi page discussion that the ban was timed right so they wouldn’t get season rewards? Is this true?

I don't think game developer need to stoop so low. It is more likely a coincidence in timing.

That account maybe be banned for a period but it does not mean the person owing the account is a cheater. :)
    He admitted to running paths multiple times. He cheated.

But that’s not at what this is about. It’s about if he will qualify for season rewards.
    JollyHawk said:

When the rewards come out, he would have to have participated in 5 wars since joining that alliance to get them.

So if you kicked him, it's probably too late to get the rewards if he joins another alliance.
    If you don't kick him, you would have to keep him around another week and a half until the rewards come out for him to get them.

Haven’t kicked him yet. I’m waiting on confirmation about if those who got banned will still qualify and receive rewards prior to deciding whether or not to kick him.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    The person will still be eligible as long as they are still in the alliance at the end of the season. Placing still counts as participation. The ppl saying they won't get war rewards are mostly from higher tired alliances that can't afford to keep a member that wont be contributing for a week. That could ruin a platinum alliances season for instance.i should clarify under normal circumstances if a person places defenders they can miss attack and it still counts as participating because their defenders we're used. I don't know for sure if a ban is the same as simply not joining attack.
    Neotwism said:

The person will still be eligible as long as they are still in the alliance at the end of the season. Placing still counts as participation. The ppl saying they won't get war rewards are mostly from higher tired alliances that can't afford to keep a member that wont be contributing for a week. That could ruin a platinum alliances season for instance.

Gotcha. Thanks for that insight.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    To be eligible for season rewards you need to have participated in 5 season wars since the last time you joined the alliance. Given what you’ve said he’s eligible.

To be eligible for season rewards you need to have participated in 5 season wars since the last time you joined the alliance. Given what you’ve said he’s eligible.

Yeah I just wasn’t sure, since today (Friday 9/4/2020) was a the cutoff. And if just placing constitutes as participation or if you also had to attack.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    If he participated in 5 wars with your alliance, he qualified for season rewards with your alliance...and if you kept him until after season rewards are distributed, he would get them. Say he's only had 3 before the ban, there will still be wars after his 1 week ban, enough that he could get the 2 in before the season ended. In that case, he could still get season rewards from your ally. If he only had 1 war in before his ban, there wouldn't be enough wars left to qualify with your ally. That's if you kept him until after season ended.

If you kick him now, he won't have time to join an ally and participate in 5 wars to qualify for season rewards once his ban is lifted. So he'd loose out on season rewards.

The major thing you should be considering as a leader of your ally, is if the rest of your ally will suffer by keeping him. Can you still compete in AQ/AW without loosing your tier placement? Don't let the rest of your ally suffer if you can't.

Yeah I just wasn’t sure, since today (Friday 9/4/2020) was a the cutoff. And if just placing constitutes as participation or if you also had to attack.
    The cut off is only a cut off because it’s the last chance to participate in 5 season wars, it has nothing else to do with eligibility for rewards; a player can play the first 5 then sit the next 7 and still be eligible as long as they didn’t leave the alliance.

The cut off is only a cut off because it’s the last chance to participate in 5 season wars, it has nothing else to do with eligibility for rewards; a player can play the first 5 then sit the next 7 and still be eligible as long as they didn’t leave the alliance.
    The cutoff date IS about eligibilty for season rewards but it only refers to people changing alliances. They have to be in their new ally by the cutoff date so there will be 5 wars to participate in.

If you stay in the one ally, a cutoff date isn't relevant. They could play 5 consecutive wars at the beginning, middle, or end or play every other war until they hit 5 so long remain with their current ally.

The cutoff date IS about eligibilty for season rewards but it only refers to people changing alliances. They have to be in their new ally by the cutoff date so there will be 5 wars to participate in.

If you stay in the one ally, a cutoff date isn't relevant. They could play 5 consecutive wars at the beginning, middle, or end or play every other war until they hit 5 so long remain with their current ally.
    Those are words typed then posted on a forum. People make this too complicated but thanks for repeating what was being said while dropping a disagree.

Those are words typed then posted on a forum. People make this too complicated but thanks for repeating what was being said while dropping a disagree.
    I clarified your first point about the cutoff while agreeing and adding to your second point about the timing of when participation could occur. But I did not tag your post with the disagree flag...that was somebody else.

Have a good day!