**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

September Update Recap: Pros & Cons

War_BirdWar_Bird Posts: 242 ★★★
We had A LOT happen this update, so I thought I’d be nice to recap everything into one bundle. Not everything was good, but not everything was bad either. Let’s get into it...

PROS!

1. Both Magneto’s Update

Both Magnetos update were lit as hell! Red Magneto is probably a top 5 Mutant now, & while White Magneto isn’t nearly as good, he’s not half bad either & is still a great champion. Both have some great utilities & synergies that also improve on themselves & other champions. Some of the best buffs to date!

2. Professor X & Apocalypse

Not only are these OG comic book characters that we’ve been asking for for a long time... but they appear to be living up to the hype! Professor X has great damage output & some pretty cool utility, & Apocalypse just look straight up beastly. Not to mention that dank ”Horseman of Apocalypse” cross fight ability that Apocalypse has. It looks super fun & makes great characters even stronger!

3. Mutant Island 🌴

When it’s actually up & running properly... & not choked up with exploits... Mutant Island is straight fire! It has insane rewards & being able to choose your rewards excludes any annoying RNG factor. Mutant Island is exactly what a side event should be, an easy event that’s fun for some great rewards! Good job here Kabam.

CONS!

1. Cavalier Difficulty

Wow! What a disappointment. The difficulty is way up there, requiring very specific counters & a high level of skill. Which is fine... if the rewards weren’t so lackluster. I mean, 10% of a totally random T5CC just doesn’t cut the mustard. At least make it a selector, as it would still take months to form a T5CC. You can’t even do completion to get some quick rewards... which takes us to our next con...

2. Completion Rewards Removal
Uhhh... wut? Why... just WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU DO THAT?! There is literally no point to removing these rewards. It takes away the satisfactory of completion, & screws over progressing players who can’t 100% a piece of content yet. I’m aware you pick up rewards on paths, as well as 100% being buff for Uncollected... but completion rewards should still play a factor. Bad move, Kabam.

3. Mutant Island Exploits

I’m not sure how this happened, but you all at Kabam should be embarrassed for this debacle. It showed a lack of testing & oversight. It was very disappointing to see this, but hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

Anyways... do you all agree or disagree with my point? Let me know!

Comments

• Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    1 more Con delay in rewards
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★

I agree with pretty much everything except your Cavalier difficulty point.

The difficulty was fine. Nothing too crazy for a stack of rewards that were nothing too crazy. No BS nodes, no niche encounters.

Of course, you need a high level of skill. This is Cavalier difficulty. Playing like you're in Act 5 and taking more than a combo to the face shouldn't be survivable in most cases.

I know I'll get disagrees for this next statement, but the rewards were made to be sustainable. Selectors for T5CC, although already present in the game, shouldn't be made available for monthly content. It was appropriate for the Boss Rush, sure, but not something you can clear every month. Some more shards and frags would be nice, but the main thing is just *sustainability*, and these rewards are indeed sustainable.

I agree selectors aren’t sustainable. But neither is the minute level of t5cc... Can’t even get a 6* from 100% uncollected and cav. I could argue that’s not enough right now but will that really be enough 6 months from now. God I hope not!

The rewards aren’t terrible but as you said they need to be sustainable. They are ok today but 6 months from now I hope this is not viewed as remotely good.
  • Options
    PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    I would say the only thing that should be adjusted is the 6 star shards.
    Everything else personally I found fine. Only the last two paths, just spread it out and it’s not bad at all. They give you ways to make each quest much more bearable
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,764 ★★★★★
    On your cons:

Point 2.
    Have you even read explanation for the change?
    If yes, you should provide a proper counter why it is poor rather than ... well.

Point 3.
    You wanna start a channel for always being succesful in life, doing everthing perfectly with no failures?