**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why Sig 200 captain America IW is so good??

So i am planning to take my 5* R4 OR to sig 200 and will R5 him up will use ~70 generic AG on him. For that i was going through posts on the forum and come across so many posts/comments saying "sig 200 Cap IW is amazing and go for him" and all that stuff. I also have Cap America at R5 sig 100 i don't get the sig 200 hype behind him.. Being at sig 200. he will do 100% of the his awaken ability things but how does it matter so much? Don't get me wrong i absolutely love my Cap IW he is amazing specially his block proficiency and l2 and l3 damage is insane. but i really fail to understand his sig 200 hype.
P.S: Not comparing his awaken ability with OR or with anyone.. talking about his awaken ability on standalone basis.

Comments

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    because it is a 100% chance to apply the debuffs so it adds a ton of utility and damage rather than 50% or 70%
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    His sig increases his reliability in utility.

You can reliably block or reverse healing and power gain.

You can reliably take down Biohazard nodes as well as matchups that inflict debuffs.

You can reliably Armor Break annoying champions like Mysterio.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I'd still rather take a void.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Having a 100% chance to shrug off any debuff speaks for itself in terms of value.
    Guaranteed armour breaks on parry
    Easily accessible petrify for heal reverse, power control and doom matchups
    Gaining a kinetic charge everytime a buff is nullified or expired makes him more viable for first 90% of 6.2 champion and 6.4 adaptoid

Having guaranteed utility makes him much more viable
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    The only big thing you are missing out on besides reliability is the debuff shrug off, which is incredibly useful for stacked Voids and other annoying debuff things (just not Havok)

Imo it’s still worth it to get to sig200. Whether or not it should come before OR is up to you and your playing habits.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i naturally duped my 5 star CAIW and i added about 60 sig stones, so for a while he was sig 80 and then i started adding more and more sig stones. about a month a half ago he definitely reach 200 so now everything is 100%. However, he was extremely useful at sig60 and along the long.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I'd still rather take a void.

Lmao

• For years, I saved over 500 5* sig stone crystals, until I pulled that man. I pumped every Science stone I got and filled him up with generic ones. Having that 100% chance can be the difference of life or death. Going against Emma or Killmonger? Get a Cosmic on your team. That annoying Omega Boss Rush Man-Thing? Tech and Skill champ make him a walk in the park. Not having your effects depend on RNG is a game-changer, in my opinion. I used my 4* a ton before pulling him, so I was pre-biased. But I have no regrets so far.
  • MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
    Yes that 100% shrug of debuff would be really helpful. For petrify and Armour break, i believe it also depends upon your roster if one has such champion they also can be used.. but nonetheless i somehow got the point.. Would be farming my sig stones for him now. Thanks everyone 👍🏻