**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you like the hoop jumping side quests?

BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Take the current side quest, we have to find and fight duel targets to gain access to keys etc to then get into the rewards section of the quest.

There are many versions of these events, red rooms, intel etc etc...

For me they are just a pointless layer of time suck, no fun at all. I’d estimate this event is multiple hrs over the month just fulfilling the targets to get the keys.

Curious really if others actually enjoy it??

For clarity, I’m not talking about the rewards or the main part of the quest only the jumping though hoops to gain access to the real event.

Do you like the hoop jumping side quests? 83 votes

Yes
49%
MegaSkater67Timone147MagrailothosThereticEB54Hammerbro_64Thunderstruck77spiderknight616BsuGuyLegendboy2411RemeliRabangaRookiieThatOneMasterGamerXva23Dr_Z01dbergQacobabqberJollyHawkLeathersmw2017 41 votes
No
16%
Mcord117JChanceH9DanasjonMobile_P0tat0UmbertoDelRio0dindeepblack12BerjibsDoctorwho13QfuryValentinos13Thebombsquad1CheesePizzaRedHemendra_ 14 votes
Not bothered
33%
Haji_SaabNoodes_Sundance_2099OdachiCupidKerneasManav_preet0808RisenfromhellTatteredSailMaldroit2RockyshockybrandinhoWoozieAmazing_Demon05Kill_GreyPennmabobGiulioV99EtjamaIron_Patriot_is_litThicco_Mode 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    No

Duel = 30 sec, Quest = 10-15 min, Time taken to find out who target is = 30 sec, so about 11-16 min a day, which is about 8 hours over the course of the event. I don't see how it is too long. Maybe you would like Kabam to deposit all the rewards in your account for just logging in. Will that at least satisfy you?

You’re missing the point. It’s not challenging, it purely takes time.

What the value in it? What does anyone get out of running RTTL fights or simple duels over and over?

I don’t care about rewards anywhere near as much as playing engaging, interesting content.

Even 5 mins per day is 3 hrs over the month. Lols people are moaning about cav eq taking 8 to 10 hours to explore but this mundane stuff gets a pass?

Anyway was genuinely curious if people actually enjoy it. I don’t get it but maybe it’s just me.

• Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Not bothered
    I don't care either way, as long as it's not too convoluted, and this month in particular they kind of had to do something like this for us to be able to chose which key to pick, I guess.
  • Options
    No
    Faseeh said:

Bruh we wouldn't do this if there aren't rewards. But there is more than 25k 5* shards, 6.5k 6* shards, 8 crystals with unit chance and platpool parts, 2 5* ag crystals, and 1 featured 5* crystal. This isn't available everywhere. I would totally spend time getting those sweet sweet rewards man.

I’m not querying the rewards at all, or the quest, just the portion that seems totally superfluous and asking if people enjoy that part in isolation.

With respect if you read the original post that’s pretty clear.

None of you have actually answered what value it adds.

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Don't forget that these are all themed side quests and that takes some creativity on Kabam's part:

1- Red Rooms - Espionage themed
    2- Mutant Treasure Island - Pirate themed

Personally I enjoy them the most, because if I'm preoccuppied with something I can still stop and take a few minutes to pick my brains and get awesome rewards.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I like the daily aspect. I plan my lunch around this and look forward to having a quick profitable daily task. It’s fun
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Yes
    I mean you are supposed to do some work for the rewards. A few hours in a month for rewards like this is not a huge ask(especially when it truly mindless fighting).

I like this one because it’s easy and has great rewards(and you can personalize what you select which is awesome).

Also I try to guess what champs the hint is look for before looking it up which is fun.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Not bothered

Multiple hours? Dude, all it takes is five minutes to finish all the duels.

Guess you haven't played on Android lately...
  • Options
    No
    Interesting to hear most of you enjoy it. Surprised but that’s why I asked really.

Agree the ability to cherry pick the rewards is nice, I’ll just hoover up the shards and stones.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Not bothered
    I mean it necessarily add value, but I find it better than just going in every day and picking up rewards. it separates it from other quests
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Yes
    If they are paired with these rewards we could be doing 20 targets a day for all I care.
    Till now all targets have been very easy. On my alt account I just did the easy event quest and already completed more than half target quests till yesterday before I ran through the whole quest ones.

you are not required to do the target the day it hits. There are so many options in this version that you can just quest normally and get all targets you need.

Rushing is what will make it feel like a time sink.
  • Options
    No
    Faseeh said:

And the paths with most rewards hv ez champs without "any" nodes like hood human torch proxima midnight. Why are you some of u complaining i dont get lol. The health on the boss might only be hard

Dude the quest is so easy it’s ridiculous (for the hardest difficulty), basically free rewards, only thing I’m questioning is the necessity of the target finding part.

• Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    I’m just questioning the hoop jumping part. The locker objectives are available for the entire month. I’ve yet to do a duel and have just unlocked them through normal play. You don’t have to rush them immediately. It sounds like you’re the one jumping through hoops unnecessarily.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Not bothered
    I literally fail to see the difference between fighting someone or... fighting someone by using the search bar. I'm tempted to say blah blah, usual entitled post where people just want free stuff for nothing... oops just did.
    Also... just do arena, you don't have to search for anything then.