**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nice job on the small animation perks now on Android!

I noticed you guys finally added some of the smaller, but cool minor effects to moves (Ghost phasing and the color fades are a perfect example) that iPhone users have enjoyed for some time. Just wanted to say thanks!

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    What are we talking about?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Bashlord said:

Would like to know from a technically sound guy, why is android deprived of all those cool graphics? Magnetos force fields, those rain graphics etc

I have One Plus 7 Pro and still when Mordo uses his sp2, my phone lags for a second as it cannot render his energy wave effect.

Hope that clarifies.
    hey me too! I always wondered if that was part of the sp2 but I tried on an iOS device and it was a lot different lol
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★

Would like to know from a technically sound guy, why is android deprived of all those cool graphics? Magnetos force fields, those rain graphics etc

The common excuse is that there are too many Android phones with too many configurations. That might have been true back when there weren't tools for making games and everything was bespoke and hand tuned. Now they use common engines like Unreal Engine and Unity. It wouldn't surprise me if it just took someone that knew what they were doing to properly enable the higher graphic options for Android. I don't have an old crappy device to check against to see if it's universally enabled or only for devices using higher end assets. I still haven't seen the environmental effects on any stages, but those suck anyway (too obscuring and distracting) so I won't miss them.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    I think a quote from this Minecraft animation called "Songs of War" (produced by BPS) will fit well here.

"How long has it been one and a half centuries?"
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

The common excuse is that there are too many Android phones with too many configurations. That might have been true back when there weren't tools for making games and everything was bespoke and hand tuned. Now they use common engines like Unreal Engine and Unity. It wouldn't surprise me if it just took someone that knew what they were doing to properly enable the higher graphic options for Android. I don't have an old crappy device to check against to see if it's universally enabled or only for devices using higher end assets. I still haven't seen the environmental effects on any stages, but those suck anyway (too obscuring and distracting) so I won't miss them.
    The thing is, there is a wide range of Android devices, ranging from flagships to average performing devices. They have different chipsets, GPU, etc. People constantly tinker with Android developer settings. However with iPhone, it is not the case. There is a limited amount of models sold and as such, one can easily configure for IOS.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    Bashlord said:

That would be the case of difference between IOS and Android OS on platform level.

IOS software is a singular pattern(same code for every Iphone edition) meanwhile for Android, only few phones run the stock/original version of Android OS.
    Stock Android is basically sifted flour. Nearly worthless unless you add your own ingredients and follow a recipe to get something worthwhile.

Every Android company modify the base Android OS to implement their proprietary technology in it, and active OS version range of Android is too big in market and GPU range is bad too.
    OS version on Android isn't really important as basic app updates are not bundled with system updates like iOS and the important component, Google Play Services, is updated very frequently, and propagates nearly universally among Android devices very quickly.

Due to these, optimising the game for IOS is far much easier than for Android.
    Most of Android GPU are unable to render these effects without slowing down the game.

I have One Plus 7 Pro and still when Mordo uses his sp2, my phone lags for a second as it cannot render his energy wave effect.

Hope that clarifies.