**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stand Your Ground mastery needs fixing?!

This particular mastery gives you a 50% chance to resist a block break when maxed. Problem is some characters block breaks are so ridiculously long or complex (how about that Hyperion or Psylocke) that even if you resist the first hit you still are very likely to be hit by any of the other hits after.
So compare that to someone that has a 1 hit block break like Collosus. You have a 50% chance of resisting his whole block break because it is a single hit. But if the opponent has a multi-hit block break you do not have a 50% chance to resist because you have to resist every hit with a 50/50 chance to resist EACH hit. That is much different than a 50% chance to resist a block break like the description indicates.
If math hurts your brain think of it like this. If you resist the first hit from an opponent with a multi-hit block break then you should automatically resist all hits after that. That would be a 50% chance to resist the block break.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    That's just how it works, I don't think it needs to be "fixed" its just the mechanic it was designed as. If you're trying to resist multiple heavy attacks, I think you need to rethink your fighting strategy. It won't work later on as you take more damage from regular attacks through block
  • Evade a block break. I used to have stand your ground maxed but it worked so rarely for me that I took all my points off it and placed them elsewhere..