**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Phoenix, Magik, and Scarlet Witch are Mutants

SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
So with all the Apocalypse hype going around, it's got me thinking about mutants that aren't inside of the Mutant class. Shouldn't Phoenix, Magik, Scarlet Witch, and even Unstoppable Colossus be allowed to become horsemen as a little easter egg since they have the mutant genes? I mean Phoenix and UC could definitely use a little bit more love and it would be dope if Magik could hit a tad bit harder but if SW would be too overpowered to go back to her original state (30% offensive ability accuracy would push her sig to 100%) then that's fine. (She's kinda underwhelming though)

Comments

• Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I’m pretty sure Wanda is no longer classified as a mutant bc of something happening in the house of M storyline or something, but I can see your point for the other 2.
  • Options

I’m pretty sure Wanda is no longer classified as a mutant bc of something happening in the house of M storyline or something, but I can see your point for the other 2.

I believe the aforementioned three are even called mutants in their bios so it would only make sense for them to be allowed to become a horseman as well.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    shouldn't doom be be a tech or Cosmic because his suit helps him and from comic accurate
    Thor Ragnarock should be Cosmic since he only lost his hammer and still has his powers not changing his entity just losing his hammer
    Shouldn't Ægon be Cosmic because he gets his powers from the cosmic iso sphere
    Most stuff in the game isn't accurate and their are more
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    We should probably give Magik and Phoenix (maybe Longshot too) a tag that'd allow them to become horsemen too.
  • Options
    MaxGaming said:

shouldn't doom be be a tech or Cosmic because his suit helps him and from comic accurate
    Shouldn't Venomized people and venom be Science since it was a experiment to make venom

I don't get what any of that has to do with Apocalypse's horseman ability only able to be used on... keyword: Mutants. We know for a fact these characters are mutants and the ability doesn't specify mutant CLASS.
  • Options

You're right. Kabam probably wouldn't want her to have any extra ability accuracy anyway and her backstory is pretty messy and convoluted. She's still a decent champion
  • Options
    Savage said:

MaxGaming said:

Shouldn't Venomized people and venom be Science since it was a experiment to make venom

I don't get what any of that has to do with Apocalypse's horseman ability only able to be used on... keyword: Mutants. We know for a fact these characters are mutants and the ability doesn't specify mutant CLASS.
    Just saying that the classes aren't accurate all the time even if they are mutants
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    MaxGaming said:

Savage said:

MaxGaming said:

Just saying that the classes aren't accurate all the time even if they are mutants
    This isn't a matter of class, but of an ability that affects a certain character. Magik, Phoenix, and Unstoppable Colossus are all in the same group as every champion of the Mutant "class", which is a person with the mutant gene. This is backed by lore as well because they are called mutants in their bios. Strangely enough, Deadpool doesn't have a mutant gene but is a mutant and can become a horseman so I think exceptions should be made.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Unstoppable Colossus deserves to be mystic. He literally visited Cyttorak and got his powers from him
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Wanda is both. She has trained in witchcraft among other things along those lines. She could go either way. Jean-Grey is mutant, but Phoenix isn’t. Phoenix has a lot of her power from the Phoenix Force. Which is a cosmic entity/force. I’m not sure about why magik isn’t mutant, she seems to be more prominently mutant. I think she has a mutant related tag too. And UC Colossus and Juggs should be mutant in my opinion @Savage. Cyttorak is the origin of UC’s powers, which is possibly the reason there.
  • Options

Don't know about phoenix, but magik and scarlet witch are half mutant, half mystic.. Would be wrong to not give mystic its contribution in the making of the sorceress supreme or magik

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm trying to get at. I don't have an issue with their classes but I'm concerned that these mutants will miss out on the amazing ability that is Apocalypse's horseman ability. I would love if Kabam made them count as mutants too.
  • Options

MaxGaming said:

Savage said:

MaxGaming said:

you are just being a jerk and can't even see the point op is making
    he isn't asking them to change their classes
    he s just saying whether they will be able to turn into horsemen of apocalypse or not too since they do carry a bit of being mutants
    its like the magneto not affected by emma telepathy easter eggs.

People need to be stop trying to be sarcastic all the time and understand first what people are actually saying
    what can I say being a jerk is one of my many talents along side of annoying people and being sarcastic
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

Savage said:

MaxGaming said:

you are just being a jerk and can't even see the point op is making
    he isn't asking them to change their classes
    he s just saying whether they will be able to turn into horsemen of apocalypse or not too since they do carry a bit of being mutants
    its like the magneto not affected by emma telepathy easter eggs.

People need to be stop trying to be sarcastic all the time and understand first what people are actually saying
    what can I say being a jerk is one of my many talents along side of annoying people and being sarcastic
    That's just sad.
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Thor Ragnarock should be Cosmic since he only lost his hammer and still has his powers not changing his entity just losing his hammer

1. Doom does have quite a lot of knowledge regarding technology and science, but he mainly utilizes sorcery and magic.
    2. Thor Ragnarok should be a combat character, and not cosmic, because he doesn't gain any buff, and most of his (underwhelming) damage comes from debuffs.
    3. Ægon being cosmic makes just as much sense as him being combat, since he shares characteristics with characters of both the classes.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Read some comics bro and you'll find out why Doom is Mystic.
  • Options
    Here's hoping Kabam responds to this thread with some acknowledgement of the feedback before it gets shut down from the trolling. 😩
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I mean...technically so is Warlock. Also Apocalypse in comics could make anyone his horsemen. He's just mutant themed in game for idk balance reasons? Or just theme reasons.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,266 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Would be nice to at least have a tag on those who have mutant genes or origins that allows for more synergies.
    #mutant: gene (Magik, SW, etc)
    #mutant: origin (Phoenix, etc)

This would open up a ton of future possibilities, especially with older champs that usually sit on the bench. This didn't have to be limited to mutant, for any other future content that could make use of new champ synergies with old champs. This could replace, possibly, the buffing of older champs. Just give them strong synergies