**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hear me out... Domino > Cable

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
So yeah, Cable got a synergy buff. Sure. He’s decent now, with his ability to stack the degen. But he’s still not better than certain other mutants, and especially not Domino. Sure, her flaming trinity is arguably what she’s most known for, but she doesn’t even need that.

She’s got a great crit rate, chance to stun on hits, has a quasi-bleed immunity, and some very potent bleeds. Her sig ability is also very helpful on defense, and is a nice little offensive boost.

If we have to give her just one synergy, her synergy with Sabretooth gives her a +6% chance to activate Lucky each time she fills a bar of power. If we have to pair her with Apocalypse, we would just give her the Horsemen of the Apocalypse bonuses:

+100 Bleed Resistance

+30 Offensive AA (more of a chance to get Lucky)

Indefinite prowess increasing Special Damage by 50%

Go Unblockable for 2 seconds when the opponent purifies a debuff

Go Unstoppable for three seconds once per fight when struck

Cable just can’t compete. I rest my case.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

do people actually think cable is better than domino cause of a synergy with a rare champ?

edit:wow i just saw that thread

yeah
    MaxGaming said:

#agree thanks for making this mate

welcome taskmaster bro
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I hear ya loud and clear pal. And you're damn right.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    Oh man her with the apocalypse synergy my gosh
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I wouldn't call her "quasi bleed immune", from my experience it's too unreliable. But she definitely is better than Cable and one of my fave champions in the game (I had my best ever fight with her today)
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Also your thread title is messed up for some reason
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Yes, Id prefer domino over cable but she would require all 4 other spots on the team because without the flaming trinity I would put her in high demi.
    Mike192 said:

Gotta see if Domino procs more crit bleeds or its still RNG dependent. If she procs more crit bleeds then easily that makes her damage output much higher than Cable. Otherwise Cable still has a 'God-tier' damage output

I can’t see how you can think Cable is better. Domino has the crit rate to do damage regardless of crit bleeds or heavy spam with synergies. Cable just has a heavy spam synergy.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

But he’s still not better than certain other mutants, and especially not Domino.

I never compared Cable to the other top mutants. Omega Red, Colossus, Magneto, Archangel, Sunspot, Havok, and Namor are all still better than Cable. Why would you talk about other mutants when all I talked about was how Cable was better than Domino.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    In my book domino is better than namor,havok and sunspot
    edited September 2020

With synergies she is on their level, without synergies she is nowhere near them
    Lvernon15 said:

Hear me out: I’m entitled to my opinion and I despise domino, I’d rank a cable over her any day if I get apocalypse

King of the Forums

in my book domino is no better than silver surfer

But he’s still not better than certain other mutants, and especially not Domino.

I never compared Cable to the other top mutants. Omega Red, Colossus, Magneto, Archangel, Sunspot, Havok, and Namor are all still better than Cable. Why would you talk about other mutants when all I talked about was how Cable was better than Domino.
    you think Domino is worse than Namor?

100%

Namor has some of the most useful utility in the game when at sig 200

Domino is just an overrated damage merchant

With synergies she is on their level, without synergies she is nowhere near them
    Synergy is a part of a champion's kit

100%

But his ramp up just takes so long and is ineffective. Domino can just come in a deal large chunks of damage from the get go

in my book domino is no better than silver surfer
    I think my book is of old edition.Where can I get your new edition one?

100%

But his ramp up just takes so long and is ineffective. Domino can just come in a deal large chunks of damage from the get go
    A sig 200 Namor in an ideal matchup is insanely good bruh

Domino needs 2 extra slots from that crazy damage, Namor needs none
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

100%

I disagree with a lot of what KD's said lately, but I've gotta agree here. Namor has more uses in Endgame content than Domino. I still think he's overrated and not quite a Top 5 Mutant, but I do think he's slightly above her.

Synergy is a part of a champion's kit
    Ofc you say that, you're the one with Blade as your pfp
    Blade is cool man.