**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Arena bugs

MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
edited September 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
From couple weeks I see some errors after but yesterday a have to stop my arenas, because was worse than before.
WS 48

So I restart building myWS from Begining
and when I reach WS15 it started again

So after this serie I decided to stop my arena.

I never seen opponents like those when I used this champs at this WS so it is definitely error

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    That's why I don't do 5* featured arenas. And I probably won't touch them until I have at least 30 rank 5 5*s; or rank 5 6*s become a fairly common thing, and the algorithm is stable.

Assuming they don't revamp arena like they promised in their dev diaries anyway.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I’ve never used 4* champs in the 5* arena. Frankly not enough points to warrant the time you out in.

Secondly, I grind arena a LOT. Specifically the 5* arena and hit every milestone.

For matches 1-9, I use 5* rank 1’s only.
    For matches 10-12, I use 5* rank 2’s only.
    For matches 13 and 14, I use 5* rank 3’s only. Match 13 is where I’m up agains a team of 6* rank 2 or 3. Never found that a problem to be fair.
    Matches 15-37, I use 5* rank 4 and 5’s and 6*.
    From match 38 onwards, I use a 3 champion line up that consists of 1 5* at rank 1, another at rank 2 and a third at rank 3.

Using the above formula, I’ve never come across what I would consider a death match.
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    Shamir51 said:

I’ve never used 4* champs in the 5* arena. Frankly not enough points to warrant the time you out in.

Secondly, I grind arena a LOT. Specifically the 5* arena and hit every milestone.

For matches 1-9, I use 5* rank 1’s only.
    For matches 10-12, I use 5* rank 2’s only.
    For matches 13 and 14, I use 5* rank 3’s only. Match 13 is where I’m up agains a team of 6* rank 2 or 3. Never found that a problem to be fair.
    Matches 15-37, I use 5* rank 4 and 5’s and 6*.
    From match 38 onwards, I use a 3 champion line up that consists of 1 5* at rank 1, another at rank 2 and a third at rank 3.

Using the above formula, I’ve never come across what I would consider a death match.

I use similar algorithm like yours and don't have problem to reach WS 15
    Usually you can use at this arena 4*r4 without problem if any of those have less than 4k ,
    But as I mention at beginning, I will never expect to see a death lock in WS such23, 26, or 48 as I meet them with teams which don't usually trigger a death match.
    And like yesterday I had possible only three opponents team available after rerun with units.
    So I understood that is more mechanic error rather than bug, but if that Kabam supposed to fix or adjust the mechanic behind matchmaking.
  • At streak=15 (one of your pics), you can’t use team of r3 (or 5/50 equiv) yet (like you tried to).
    At that point I start with full r4 team, then each match after I lower the rank of just 1 member down a rank.
    So at Streak=18 I can do team of full r3 (actually do that for a couple matches), and then add an r2 into mix for a couple after that.
    Before continuing full streak with 1x r3 with 2x r2 (but always keeping around 15k, although maybe 13.5k is ok in streak).

Keep in mind that where champs are PI relative to others of same rank also comes into play too.
  • Space_gooSpace_goo Posts: 127
    Been awhile since I lost a win streak, during the server meltdown ~Jul. I was thinking the matching algorithm was handicapping based on power. I guess not, and we're suffering together.
  • JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    I dont mind the difficulty , I do mind not having the defender throw specials. How does one get around that? Its utterly BS.