**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Immune to ability accuracy reduction (domino counters)

Looking for champs that are immune to critical failures from domino. Off the top of my head I can think of mysterio and Gulk

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Don't use AA. You'll get crit failed to death

Mysterio works best.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Old man Logan works too
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Just because they're immune to AAR doesn't mean they're good Domino counters. As @Kill_Grey mentioned, Archangel's actually a pretty crappy counter cause almost everything you do with him has an ability that can fail. That's when you take crit failure, when one of your abilities doesn't activate, not just when Domino's AAR prevents it form activating. For instance, Hyperion's Sp2 has a 60% chance to stun for 4 seconds. If you throw a Sp2 and it doesn't stun, you'll take crit failure. So you want to use champs that don't have many abilities that can fail. Hope this helps.

Yup, @Etjama is right.

There is no absolute counter to Domino, and AAR immune champs aren't generally the best, but rather, Champs that have guaranteed ability triggers at their core could work even better in some scenarios. Like corvus, hulkbuster, Guilly 2099, warlock, (max sig) beardo, Void, Havok, Claire, etc.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Etjama said:

Just because they're immune to AAR doesn't mean they're good Domino counters. As @Kill_Grey mentioned, Archangel's actually a pretty crappy counter cause almost everything you do with him has an ability that can fail. That's when you take crit failure, when one of your abilities doesn't activate, not just when Domino's AAR prevents it form activating. For instance, Hyperion's Sp2 has a 60% chance to stun for 4 seconds. If you throw a Sp2 and it doesn't stun, you'll take crit failure. So you want to use champs that don't have many abilities that can fail. Hope this helps.

Building on the Hyperion example, you have his heavy attack as well. Fail to proc a fury buff because of RNG, hello Crit Failure.

AA, as mentioned, is actually really poor, especially if you play him as parry heavy. As his bleeds have a 50% chance to proc from heavy, you’ll be hit with Crit Failure so regularly.

I’ve always loved using Corvus personally but with her Unlucky passive meaning that even the simple act of dexing a hit, it’s always far from clean.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Off the top of my head mysterio is the only aar immune who doesn’t have a single rng trigger in his regular rotation, gulk can heal up the majority of crit fail damage, but in general people just use a corvus or ghost and burst her down, you take a bit of damage but she dies before it’s too much. If you’re a god tier Quaker she can also do it and take no crit fail damage
  • Options
    unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    Tech champs are good
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Off the top of my head mysterio is the only aar immune who doesn’t have a single rng trigger in his regular rotation, gulk can heal up the majority of crit fail damage, but in general people just use a corvus or ghost and burst her down, you take a bit of damage but she dies before it’s too much. If you’re a god tier Quaker she can also do it and take no crit fail damage

Yea, Mysterio is the only tech champ. Other classes that can do it will get a lot of crit failure. Ghost can do it without triggering crit failure if you do only single hit mediums since she won't get unlucky and it is guaranteed to crit.
  • Options
    CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I usually just use Domino
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    5*+ max sig sorcerer supreme shouldn’t have anything that would trigger critical failure but while unlucky will lose her ability to dex dom’s projectiles.
  • Options
    qartweli said:

Mysterio gets AAR from magneto even as immune

Magneto bypasses immunity to AAR for metal champions
  • Options
    JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    Use Champions that have almost 100% chances to trigger their abilities. Mysterio is very good option.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Lvernon15 said:

Yea, Mysterio is the only tech champ. Other classes that can do it will get a lot of crit failure. Ghost can do it without triggering crit failure if you do only single hit mediums since she won't get unlucky and it is guaranteed to crit.
    Ghost can trigger it when her phase fails
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    FYI don't use Resonate mastery against Domino.