**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

WandaVision Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Comments

• Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    I guess that's a better version of Guesses
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Insanely boring. Don't think I'll waste more time if the third episode is as awful as the first two. I'll have to rewatch the last 10 minutes of episode 2 because I fell asleep....that's how little I was entertained. I fell asleep lol. Might end up stopping the show and coming back to watch the last episode or two of the season.
  • TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    I haven't clicked on any spoilers but man ya'll are making me excited to watch WandaVision tonight. Wanted to watch it on Friday but family/work life took priority. Hope it's as great as you're making it!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I got D+ for Wandavision so now I can watch S2 of Mando finally lol.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    I just finished it. It was... interesting. I liked it, but it was very strange. I can’t wait to see how the series unfolds! I especially love the sitcom parody aspect of it.
    Anyone know what that symbol was?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I just finished it. It was... interesting. I liked it, but it was very strange. I can’t wait to see how the series unfolds! I especially love the sitcom parody aspect of it.

Apparently, it's the logo of SWORD which is just like SHIELD, only that it deals with cosmic and extraterrestrial threats.

Crcrcrc said:

Apparently, it's the logo of SWORD which is just like SHIELD, only that it deals with cosmic and extraterrestrial threats.
    Interesting
    So if I understood correctly, she is trapped in a sealed off town where she is monitored by SWORD because she went insane after Vision died and is warping reality? Also, I am so excited for the twins. That is going to be amazing.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Both great, just wished they were longer.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Interesting
    So if I understood correctly, she is trapped in a sealed off town where she is monitored by SWORD because she went insane after Vision died and is warping reality? Also, I am so excited for the twins. That is going to be amazing.
    My interpretation is that they are not keeping her there but trying to save her because she is keeping herself in a false reality. Notice how the show so far has always had a "happy ending" even when things go wrong or take a disturbing turn like at the end of the first and second episode. Since SHIELD is no more cause of all that Hydra stuff, SWORD is probably trying to save Wanda but she keeps locking herself up. Honestly just a guess tho

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Interesting
    My interpretation is that they are not keeping her there but trying to save her because she is keeping herself in a false reality. Notice how the show so far has always had a "happy ending" even when things go wrong or take a disturbing turn like at the end of the first and second episode. Since SHIELD is no more cause of all that Hydra stuff, SWORD is probably trying to save Wanda but she keeps locking herself up. Honestly just a guess tho
    I feel like it’s a little of both. They are helping her stay contained, but also studying her and testing, like with the red helicopter in episode 2
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,482 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    @Rockypantherx I like your theory.

I’m mindful of something I read from Kevin Feige suggesting that WandaVision, Spidey 3 and Doc 2 are tied together.

I think you need someone big to do that, someone from the “other” dimensions. There’s one other long running Doc character who crosses over with lots of other storylines and might be involved, and he might even be more of a lead-in than the name you mentioned—he/she also runs an alt dimension. I’d like to think it all might have been let out by Wanda’s tampering. Who knows?

Not sure how this spoiler feature works, so I won’t go into more. Suffice it to say that I love where the show is going—it reminds me of all the Bewitched and Jeannie episodes that used to run on TBS before everything in cable became so Balkanized. Shows were clean, linear and laugh-tracked like mad. So is WV.

Dr. Zola
    DRTO said:

Just watched the first two episodes. Really interesting show still confused as to what is exactly happening but I'm really excited to see where they're going with this.

If you've seen the movie Pleasantville it's giving off those vibes, but overall pretty entertaining and I can't wait for the other episodes to come out.

Pleasantville...yes.

Dr. Zola
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DRTO said:

Just watched the first two episodes. Really interesting show still confused as to what is exactly happening but I'm really excited to see where they're going with this.

If you've seen the movie Pleasantville it's giving off those vibes, but overall pretty entertaining and I can't wait for the other episodes to come out.

Pleasantville...yes.

Dr. Zola
    the little paragraph icon has a drop down menu and one of the things is spoiler. The text pops up and you place it between the words

that’s a perfectly not confusing explanation
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I’m mindful of something I read from Kevin Feige suggesting that WandaVision, Spidey 3 and Doc 2 are tied together.

I think you need someone big to do that, someone from the “other” dimensions. There’s one other long running Doc character who crosses over with lots of other storylines and might be involved, and he might even be more of a lead-in than the name you mentioned—he/she also runs an alt dimension. I’d like to think it all might have been let out by Wanda’s tampering. Who knows?

Not sure how this spoiler feature works, so I won’t go into more. Suffice it to say that I love where the show is going—it reminds me of all the Bewitched and Jeannie episodes that used to run on TBS before everything in cable became so Balkanized. Shows were clean, linear and laugh-tracked like mad. So is WV.

Dr. Zola

It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if they were all tied together. I’m not a big comics guy so I’ll do some digging, but that’s another interesting layer to add to it

DrZola said:

DRTO said:

Pleasantville...yes.

Dr. Zola
    the little paragraph icon has a drop down menu and one of the things is spoiler. The text pops up and you place it between the words

that’s a perfectly not confusing explanation
    Cool. Just to make sure I get it right, I will hop on my Netscape browser and check out how to do that on the interwebs.

Dr. Zola
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,004 ★★★★
    Did anyone noticed the Hydra written on the watch ? I don't know anything about watches or brand but it could be a hint
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Did anyone noticed the Hydra written on the watch ? I don't know anything about watches or brand but it could be a hint
    those fake ads are supposed to be little nods to the MCU. but maybe there is something with Hydra
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

xLunatiXx said:

those fake ads are supposed to be little nods to the MCU. but maybe there is something with Hydra
    It’s about her past. The stark toaster with a blinking red light is the bomb that killed her parents, and strucker is the Hydra guy who experimented on her with Loki’s staff and gave her her powers
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if they were all tied together. I’m not a big comics guy so I’ll do some digging, but that’s another interesting layer to add to it
    Yeah this show, doctor strange multiverse of madness and spiderman 3 are all connected. So something big has to happen in this show.
    I believe its going to be wanda breaks the barriers between each universe giving us spiderman 3 with all the rumors of toby and Andrew reprising their roles. Which would then have Doctor strange try to fix everything and put those barriers back in place.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

xLunatiXx said:

It’s about her past. The stark toaster with a blinking red light is the bomb that killed her parents, and strucker is the Hydra guy who experimented on her with Loki’s staff and gave her her powers
    I suspect we could get and ad or something with ultron next episode as that is what I'd say is next in wandas backstory.
    H3t3r said:

xLunatiXx said:

I suspect we could get and ad or something with ultron next episode as that is what I'd say is next in wandas backstory.
    H3t3r said:

xLunatiXx said:

I’m guessing Ultron, Quicksilver, Vision, and Thanos in commercials before the main villain is revealed.

• Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    man i got the chills for some reason when she said no and went back in time. like u aint taking this away from me