**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

WandaVision Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Has the look and feel of the old show “Bewitched”. Could they also play off of the fact that there were 2 different “Darren's” in that show ?
    And the Mom from “That 70’s Show” (doing her same persona) fits in well with the Trailer too.

Also, seems to have been initially Teased during the Super Bowl in Feb, but I don’t ever recall seeing a Teaser for it then.

There was another trailer during the super bowl
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

Has the look and feel of the old show “Bewitched”. Could they also play off of the fact that there were 2 different “Darren's” in that show ?
    And the Mom from “That 70’s Show” (doing her same persona) fits in well with the Trailer too.

Also, seems to have been initially Teased during the Super Bowl in Feb, but I don’t ever recall seeing a Teaser for it then.

Yeah, it’s a mixup of a bunch of classic sitcoms.

The teaser you’re thinking of is the Big Game Spot, which had footage from WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Loki.
  • Options
    I love the fact that this forum is filled with Marvel fanatics, and I have people to discuss this stuff with
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

I love the fact that this forum is filled with Marvel fanatics, and I have people to discuss this stuff with

I know, it’s great.
  • Options
    Auce said:

The Disney plus shows are supposed to tie in with phase 4 movies, from what I'm told. Wanda Vision is supposed to tie into Dr Strange 2.

Let’s not forget Loki. That’s also supposed to tie-in with Doctor Strange 2
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 493 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Most definitely! Speaking of Marvel, did you guys catch the classic Vision and Scarlet Witch outfits. I am curious if this will be done in a spoofish way or will tie into their powers or something like that.
  • Options
    GMAX77 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Most definitely! Speaking of Marvel, did you guys catch the classic Vision and Scarlet Witch outfits. I am curious if this will be done in a spoofish way or will tie into their powers or something like that.
    I did! The trick or treat vision classic and the og scarlet witch looked more ironic than new outfits
  • Options
    Just a question, what do y’all think is the release date? The Indian trailer said October 30th, but I don’t know if they’ll run it alongside Mandalorian Season 2, so if we say that has 8 episodes like Season 1, then the next available Friday is Christmas Day 2020.

Would be a great Christmas present
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

Just a question, what do y’all think is the release date? The Indian trailer said October 30th, but I don’t know if they’ll run it alongside Mandalorian Season 2, so if we say that has 8 episodes like Season 1, then the next available Friday is Christmas Day 2020.

Yeah I would say probably around Christmas time
  • Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Absolutely excited by this new show, it looks completely weird in a good way, might have to sub to Disney+ for this and the other Marvel shows. Also very happy to see Wanda in her Scarlet Witch outfit, even in a goofy way, same with Vision and his crooked false gem on his forehead :D
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    hopefully they release all at once and not follow suit with Amazon ala The Boys 2
  • Options

hopefully they release all at once and not follow suit with Amazon ala The Boys 2

It will probably be like all the other Disney Plus shows and release one episode a week. Personally like it that way, easier too avoid spoilers
  • Options

Yeah I would say probably around Christmas time
    A Thanksgiving release might be nice as well
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★

It will probably be like all the other Disney Plus shows and release one episode a week. Personally like it that way, easier too avoid spoilers
    that's right!!! Mandalorian was like that too .. aww man i'm not a fan of the weekly thing although it didn't bother me with Mandalorian. still ... i'd prefer the weekend binge lol
  • Options

that's right!!! Mandalorian was like that too .. aww man i'm not a fan of the weekly thing although it didn't bother me with Mandalorian. still ... i'd prefer the weekend binge lol
    I don’t have the time for a weekend binge (I wish I had 6-8 hours lying around) and I like it so I o my have to watch one episode and don’t have to be wary of spoilers, instead of having to watch it all.

Also, this allows for more tension and cliffhangers (I love me a good cliffhanger) like episode 7 of the Mandalorian.
  • Options
    KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105

I like the one-episode-per-week model. I enjoy not knowing how the next part of the story is going to unfold and having a week to try and guess what's going to happen. Plus it's an excuse to get together with friends once a week when a lot of public social options are limited. Right now we're watching The Boys. Next will probably be Mando, and hopefully, WandaVision close after.
  • Options

I like the one-episode-per-week model. I enjoy not knowing how the next part of the story is going to unfold and having a week to try and guess what's going to happen. Plus it's an excuse to get together with friends once a week when a lot of public social options are limited. Right now we're watching The Boys. Next will probably be Mando, and hopefully, WandaVision close after.
    That’s... that’s a great excuse.

I should use that. It should definitely be close after, considering it starts in 2020.
  • Options
    KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105

Crcrcrc said:

That looks epic. Totally a house of M/ character revival type thing happening too. Maybe Wiccan will show up eventually in an Avengers movie?

I’ve had a thought that it might be a reverse House of M and this is how we get mutants
    I'm guessing that's just a reference to the comic run and a hint at how Wanda is creating her pocket reality to deal with Vision's death. It doesn't seem like they've done enough in the larger MCU to fully drop mutants in quite yet, but setting them up or hinting at it seems pretty likely. Plus I think Marvel wants to put a little more distance between their X-Men content and the old Fox movies.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

That looks epic. Totally a house of M/ character revival type thing happening too. Maybe Wiccan will show up eventually in an Avengers movie?

I’ve had a thought that it might be a reverse House of M and this is how we get mutants
    I'm guessing that's just a reference to the comic run and a hint at how Wanda is creating her pocket reality to deal with Vision's death. It doesn't seem like they've done enough in the larger MCU to fully drop mutants in quite yet, but setting them up or hinting at it seems pretty likely. Plus I think Marvel wants to put a little more distance between their X-Men content and the old Fox movies.
    Yeah. Besides, we have at least until 2022 until we can hopefully see any MCU X-Men, so introducing them now wouldn’t make much sense.
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

Too bad it's gonna require yet another subscription (Disney +) in order to watch these.
    Not just the Wanda one, but others that are mentioned online along the same vein.

I cancelled my Netflix sub after they cancelled the Marvel shows and Voltron: Legendary Defender ended and opted to use other means to watch the 2 other shows Netflix had the UK/international rights to and then promptly subbed to D+ for The Mandalorian, the Marvel shows and the future SW shows and plus, I can watch the old cartoons like 'X-Men', 'Spider-Man' from the 90s and the one from the 80s I never saw or other Disney stuff on there, so I'm good.

As for this: I'm intrigued and up for it.
    That Voltron ending was something else huh
    Don't get me started on that ending. I got ******* ******
    that bad, huh?
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Absolutely excited by this new show, it looks completely weird in a good way, might have to sub to Disney+ for this and the other Marvel shows. Also very happy to see Wanda in her Scarlet Witch outfit, even in a goofy way, same with Vision and his crooked false gem on his forehead :D

Disney+ is totally worth a subscription at this point. Mandalorian, the MCU shows, and just the wide variety of Disney content in general.

I’m currently using it for my MCU rewatch
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,811 ★★★★★
    Mandalorian was only dropping one episode a week to stop people signing up for the free trial, bingeing the whole series and then cancelling. Since they've stopped offering free-week-trials (because they put Mulan on D+ as a paid-access thing), they might put more than one ep of Wandavision up first. Reportedly Mandalorian season 2 will have more than one episode available to watch when season 2 starts.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    I’m waiting for the 2nd season of the Mandorlorian...
  • Options

Mandalorian was only dropping one episode a week to stop people signing up for the free trial, bingeing the whole series and then cancelling. Since they've stopped offering free-week-trials (because they put Mulan on D+ as a paid-access thing), they might put more than one ep of Wandavision up first. Reportedly Mandalorian season 2 will have more than one episode available to watch when season 2 starts.

didn’t they stop free week trials back when Hamilton launched?
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Looks lame, tbh. I don't think that Marvel will be able to pull off an absurdist comedy.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Is it bad that I just now realised that Wandavison is a play on Television?
  • Options

they even do that in the trailer lol
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Honestly, you would be amazed at the amount of things I miss. Still, show looks interesting enough. I do wonder how long the sitcom aspect is going to last before the cracks start to appear. It’ll kind of ruin the effect if its in the first couple of episodes
  • Options

Honestly, you would be amazed at the amount of things I miss. Still, show looks interesting enough. I do wonder how long the sitcom aspect is going to last before the cracks start to appear. It’ll kind of ruin the effect if its in the first couple of episodes
    i think we’ll have one episode of sitcom, with maybe hints that something isn’t right, at the minimum.