**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

The only legitimate complaint I have heard thus far is about offer gate cutoffs. This is the only time-sensitive issue related to becoming a Thronebreaker. And for the people griping that “oh you need to be a whale to have an r3 champ,” then you weren’t going to buy the offer anyway and have no reason to complain about it.

What other perk of Thronebreaker is so great that you can’t wait for it? Is it the gold crystal that you’ll literally never buy? Or maybe the arena crystal which is statistically exactly the same as the lower level ones? Maybe it’s the painfully slow accumulation of cavalier crystal shards which will eventually give you yet another 3* champion. The four hour free crystals have never made an impact outside of being stockpiled for when I need potions or energy and the daily just gives me a few frags of t4b if I’m lucky. They aren’t game changers.

My point is that, in the day to day playing of the game, tier progression really doesn’t make a huge impact. The offer gates are a legitimate concern, but if you’ve cleared all the content discussed in this thread and you’re picking up offers regularly enough to be concerned about being gated out, odds are you’ve already got an r3 in your roster.

Alright, I’m ready to be yelled at now.

This is my favorite part. The same people complaining about progression being "p2w" are complaining about being gated out of offers. Absolutely fantastic
    Regular offers aren't that big an issue. But the Black Friday ones are. Because you don't need to pay to get the offers. You can just grind 15k units and get them. Just won't get the extra deals by buying an Odin or two.
    Previously, everyone used to say that 6* R3 don't matter, just some extra health and attack, and stuff could be done with R5/R2, so getting more T5cc or even selectors wasn't needed. Suddenly now R3 becomes a criteria to decide whether you're worthy of better offers? There are those who have done Act 6 100% before the nerf and don't have Aegon to reduce unit dump in Abyss for 100%. Due to **** RNG, no 6* worthy of R3 with the T5cc. Why should they lose out?
    I have an incredibly hard time believing that anyone that explored act 6 in its original state has zero options to rank up.
    Why? T5cc isn't in abundance unless you're play Top AQ Map 7 or Top AW.
    For those who don't want the pressure or high AQ/AW, you don't get T5cc flowing.1from Abyss, 1 from Act 6 exploration. And a couple 25% from the other exploration. Until this month, anyone below high tier war got **** amount of T5cc without spending. So I don't see why not having the T5cc for the champ or a champ for the T5cc isn't possible.
    You've been in high tier AQ and AW so you have T5cc along with Abyss. Others aren't so lucky.
    And if you're opting out of a large part of the game, why should you hold the highest progression title? Like I said earlier, they've made story content so that basically anyone can get through it now. It makes total sense that they'd change their approach to titles as well. Otherwise there's no way they could segment off sections of the playerbase which is the current problem with the cavalier title. It's incredibly bloated in the range of players it covers, if all they did was require the fairly easy task of a single 6.4 clear then we'd still have the same problem.

The only thing I have an issue with is where they placed the title. It should have been stuck behind Act 6 exploration at an absolute minimum. All they managed to do here with making a less restrictive requirement was add a title that lots of people that's it's not even aimed at now think it is
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

Wicket329 said:

The only legitimate complaint I have heard thus far is about offer gate cutoffs. This is the only time-sensitive issue related to becoming a Thronebreaker. And for the people griping that “oh you need to be a whale to have an r3 champ,” then you weren’t going to buy the offer anyway and have no reason to complain about it.

What other perk of Thronebreaker is so great that you can’t wait for it? Is it the gold crystal that you’ll literally never buy? Or maybe the arena crystal which is statistically exactly the same as the lower level ones? Maybe it’s the painfully slow accumulation of cavalier crystal shards which will eventually give you yet another 3* champion. The four hour free crystals have never made an impact outside of being stockpiled for when I need potions or energy and the daily just gives me a few frags of t4b if I’m lucky. They aren’t game changers.

My point is that, in the day to day playing of the game, tier progression really doesn’t make a huge impact. The offer gates are a legitimate concern, but if you’ve cleared all the content discussed in this thread and you’re picking up offers regularly enough to be concerned about being gated out, odds are you’ve already got an r3 in your roster.

This is my favorite part. The same people complaining about progression being "p2w" are complaining about being gated out of offers. Absolutely fantastic
    Regular offers aren't that big an issue. But the Black Friday ones are. Because you don't need to pay to get the offers. You can just grind 15k units and get them. Just won't get the extra deals by buying an Odin or two.
    Previously, everyone used to say that 6* R3 don't matter, just some extra health and attack, and stuff could be done with R5/R2, so getting more T5cc or even selectors wasn't needed. Suddenly now R3 becomes a criteria to decide whether you're worthy of better offers? There are those who have done Act 6 100% before the nerf and don't have Aegon to reduce unit dump in Abyss for 100%. Due to **** RNG, no 6* worthy of R3 with the T5cc. Why should they lose out?
    I have an incredibly hard time believing that anyone that explored act 6 in its original state has zero options to rank up.
    For those who don't want the pressure or high AQ/AW, you don't get T5cc flowing.1from Abyss, 1 from Act 6 exploration. And a couple 25% from the other exploration. Until this month, anyone below high tier war got **** amount of T5cc without spending. So I don't see why not having the T5cc for the champ or a champ for the T5cc isn't possible.
    You've been in high tier AQ and AW so you have T5cc along with Abyss. Others aren't so lucky.
    If you’re someone who this progression title is intended for then you’ve had 4-5 t5cc, dozens of six stars and a 6 star 10 champion nexus crystal. If that’s not you then it isn’t designed for you.

If you happen to be one of the small percentage of players who had all that and still don’t have an r3 you’d need to prove it to have any semblance of a credible argument. *and even then you can take advantage of the offers for cavaliers that will help you towards becoming a throne breaker.
  • Options

You can also grind units to get cavs but no one ever talks about that as a regular way of getting them. The vast majority of people getting even the 4th of July ot CM offers are doing so with money.

You were talking about those complaining about progression being p2w. Those who spend won't be complaining. It's the F2p who will have an issue with it. I'm F2p. I don't see why I should spend units that I grind for on Cavs when you can use them for content/better offers coming out there.
    You have a choice to spend them on whatever you want. I'm just saying that the notion of only being able to get them by spending is laughable especially when those same people are complaining about being gated out of offers.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

quit running your mouth, you should not post in every single conversation in the forum!

Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

again, I asked which ones, no one wanted to answer that.... i have r5 void, and a 6*, i have r5 colossus, and a 6*, i have r5 mags, and a 6*.... do I need to keep going? Should I hope for a decent gambit buff, oh and I have him as sig 160ish r3 or 4

There are many Champs worth taking up in your Roster, and the whole point of a 6* R3 is that it outranks a 5* Max. You're also going to want them for Act 7 from what I've seen in the Beta, so you might want to consider their value.
    Please post a screenshot of your ingame profile
    Is that your argument?
    nope, answer the questions posed or stop posting here and go somewhere else to get your jollies
    I pointed out that you have a number of options worth taking to R3 and explained reasons why doing it was worth it. So far, all you've done is rebutted with personal shots at me. I'm not the one who is avoiding the subject.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

Um, with both a r5 5* mags and colussus, am i going to waste resources on a r3. Oh and by the way got both of them as 6* long before the buffs, when they were trash

You do realize an R3 trumps an R5, right?

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

By tying the "title" which I couldnt give a flip about, to offers, discounts, cryatals, etc. This becomes a problem for everyone with bad 'RNG'

If you’re in a position to have access to the title dictated by rng you haven’t progressed far enough to be need it in the first place.

You’re basically saying I want that progression level those guys further than me have without going through everything they have gone through.
    Umm... But there will be those who will get the title ONLY because they were lucky enough. So do they need the title? But those who got sfrrwd by RNG don't need?
    Good for them being lucky, do they need it nah they might not even deserve it or be able to make use of it but that is neither here nor there. Like I said if the title is being dictated by rng for you, you haven’t progressed far enough.
    There is absolutely no way that it is not being dictated by RNG for any person. If you have a r3 the only reason is that you were lucky enough to pull a champ worth r3.

But the first point is exactly what the problem is. How is it that summoners who have explored act 6 not need the new title?
    They've changed what dictates warranting titles. It's pretty simple. When everyone complained enough to get story content nerfed to the point of making its difficulty being irrelevant you can't possibly still expect beating it to be the sole measure of progression
  • Options
    Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

By tying the "title" which I couldnt give a flip about, to offers, discounts, cryatals, etc. This becomes a problem for everyone with bad 'RNG'

If you’re in a position to have access to the title dictated by rng you haven’t progressed far enough to be need it in the first place.

You’re basically saying I want that progression level those guys further than me have without going through everything they have gone through.
    Umm... But there will be those who will get the title ONLY because they were lucky enough. So do they need the title? But those who got sfrrwd by RNG don't need?
    Good for them being lucky, do they need it nah they might not even deserve it or be able to make use of it but that is neither here nor there. Like I said if the title is being dictated by rng for you, you haven’t progressed far enough.
    Isn’t it called a story progression title or am i mistaken?
    Yup, this is also Kabam, people practically play this game just because they’re so haphazard about rolling out new things. No surprise they got wording wrong. Checkmate.
    Bro cmon you rlly think it’s a necessary requirement to have a r3it’s been story based progression title and there’s never been other requirements like they aren’t giving the players that are in between being a full on endgame player like yourself who has everything 100% done and a basic player that just got cavalier any middle ground I have half of act 6 explored and completed it a couple months ago and everything except abyss done besides that... I have 24 six star champs none of which are from cav crystals and I don’t even have a r2 yet bc none of them are worth a r2 let alone r3 the closest I am to a t5cc is both half a tech and half a cosmic and no good options for when I form them.... would u if you were kabam keep this requirement or no?
    When all of us against the act 6 nerfs said story content has always been aimed at the end game players, everyone else said just bc its always been like that doesn't mean it should. Welp, here ya go. Sometimes things change and you don't always like them.
  • Options

The only thing I have an issue with is where they placed the title. It should have been stuck behind Act 6 exploration at an absolute minimum. All they managed to do here with making a less restrictive requirement was add a title that lots of people that's it's not even aimed at now think it is

IMO that has more to do with tomorrow rather than today. It’s light on the requirements to not be too restrictive for the future players who are better off skipping act 6 or even book 1.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

And if you're opting out of a large part of the game, why should you hold the highest progression title? Like I said earlier, they've made story content so that basically anyone can get through it now. It makes total sense that they'd change their approach to titles as well. Otherwise there's no way they could segment off sections of the playerbase which is the current problem with the cavalier title. It's incredibly bloated in the range of players it covers, if all they did was require the fairly easy task of a single 6.4 clear then we'd still have the same problem.

Not wanting to spend on doing P2+ wars or not running Map 7 doesn't mean that you're opting out of a huge part of the game. Progression titles are supposed to be for content. AQ and AW aren't content. If they wanted to do it with Act 6 100%, yeah fine. Cool with that because it shows how you have progressed in the game. Same with Abyss which though more RNG dependant, atleast might aim at what they want. R3 champ doesn't show progression, it shows more of luck.

Wicket329 said:

If you’re someone who this progression title is intended for then you’ve had 4-5 t5cc, dozens of six stars and a 6 star 10 champion nexus crystal. If that’s not you then it isn’t designed for you.

If you happen to be one of the small percentage of players who had all that and still don’t have an r3 you’d need to prove it to have any semblance of a credible argument. *and even then you can take advantage of the offers for cavaliers that will help you towards becoming a throne breaker.
    That's silly. If they want to keep it locked behind that, then intend it that way. Simple as that. Don't lock it behind 1 R3 and Act 6 completion and then have people like you talk big about having 5 T5cc and ****. You talk about having a credible argument, but you're only looking at one viewpoint while preaching that you see the entire picture.
  • Options

IMO that has more to do with tomorrow rather than today. It’s light on the requirements to not be too restrictive for the future players who are better off skipping act 6 or even book 1.
    And I can see that. I also see why they'd want to make the initially planned requirements lesser. I just think it muddies the waters a bit currently and I hope they manage to find their backbone for once, since it's been lost for some time now, and stick with their decision
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

Um, with both a r5 5* mags and colussus, am i going to waste resources on a r3. Oh and by the way got both of them as 6* long before the buffs, when they were trash

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

There is absolutely no way that it is not being dictated by RNG for any person. If you have a r3 the only reason is that you were lucky enough to pull a champ worth r3.

But the first point is exactly what the problem is. How is it that summoners who have explored act 6 not need the new title?
    Not rng at all, if you are who the intended title is for then it would be impossible to not have a champion to r3. After that it’s personal preference and in no way should progression milestones be dictated by the Goldilocks of the contest.

If you have only explored act 6 with your 1 maybe 2 t5cc you’re not who the progression title was designed for. so no you don’t need it, but if you want it you can use that t5cc to obtain it well unless you think that t5cc is the only t5cc you’ll ever get again (hint it’s not).
  • Options
    Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

Yup, this is also Kabam, people practically play this game just because they’re so haphazard about rolling out new things. No surprise they got wording wrong. Checkmate.
    Bro cmon you rlly think it’s a necessary requirement to have a r3it’s been story based progression title and there’s never been other requirements like they aren’t giving the players that are in between being a full on endgame player like yourself who has everything 100% done and a basic player that just got cavalier any middle ground I have half of act 6 explored and completed it a couple months ago and everything except abyss done besides that... I have 24 six star champs none of which are from cav crystals and I don’t even have a r2 yet bc none of them are worth a r2 let alone r3 the closest I am to a t5cc is both half a tech and half a cosmic and no good options for when I form them.... would u if you were kabam keep this requirement or no?
    When all of us against the act 6 nerfs said story content has always been aimed at the end game players, everyone else said just bc its always been like that doesn't mean it should. Welp, here ya go. Sometimes things change and you don't always like them.
    What’re u saying? Who exactly was against the act 6 nerfs and why would they be? What do you mean act 6 is still targeting endgame players just like before they just toned down attack and Health which was necessary when you were losing stupid amounts of health on block or even parries. Also kabam put bs money grabbing boss fights and path fights purposely so as a result of their greediness they finally listened to reasonable concerns and changed some like the champion fight... they’ve always been called story based progression title as in you don’t need any other random requirement not pertaining to how far you are into story mode so how ab we keep it that way
    To be fair, a number of Players were against the change.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

Not wanting to spend on doing P2+ wars or not running Map 7 doesn't mean that you're opting out of a huge part of the game. Progression titles are supposed to be for content. AQ and AW aren't content. If they wanted to do it with Act 6 100%, yeah fine. Cool with that because it shows how you have progressed in the game. Same with Abyss which though more RNG dependant, atleast might aim at what they want. R3 champ doesn't show progression, it shows more of luck.

Wicket329 said:

That's silly. If they want to keep it locked behind that, then intend it that way. Simple as that. Don't lock it behind 1 R3 and Act 6 completion and then have people like you talk big about having 5 T5cc and ****. You talk about having a credible argument, but you're only looking at one viewpoint while preaching that you see the entire picture.
    Titles WERE tied to content explicitly in the past. Since the this is too hard patrol got story content gutted, none of you should be surprised that title requirements change as well
  • Options
    J0k3r0o4J0k3r0o4 Posts: 10
    @Kabam Miike reading through this discussion I'm understanding the reason you guys are choosing to make the throne breaker title a little less inclusive. For me I dont have an r3 6* and haven't even formed a t5cc. I can 100% cav difficulty and I've slowly been chipping away at act 6 but with all the new content I haven't made it a priority partly because in the dev diary about quests they mentioned that there will be a rework to some of the tougher boss fights and nodes on paths along with champ specific fights. I like the idea of this new title and its requirements and it gives me more of a reason to complete act 6 and other content that give the t5cc faster. But I also dont want to miss out on any of the cool perks of being a throne breaker. Is there any specific timeframe that you guys plan on making the changes to the rest of act 6 like boss fights, troublesome nodes, and champ specific paths/ fights?
  • Options
    Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

What’re u saying? Who exactly was against the act 6 nerfs and why would they be? What do you mean act 6 is still targeting endgame players just like before they just toned down attack and Health which was necessary when you were losing stupid amounts of health on block or even parries. Also kabam put bs money grabbing boss fights and path fights purposely so as a result of their greediness they finally listened to reasonable concerns and changed some like the champion fight... they’ve always been called story based progression title as in you don’t need any other random requirement not pertaining to how far you are into story mode so how ab we keep it that way
    Idk anyone that was saying they were against it... everyone I knew from my ally other allies or saw on YouTube as in popular you tubers were mostly excited ab it even though they’d already explored 100% act 6 they thought it was fair and it had to be nerfed bc it was unfairly difficult and certain fights were clear and blatant cash grabs
    There were some who were against it. I believe Work wasn't keen on it. xNig was against it as well. Some feel that it should be harder.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    still have Act 6.3 & 6.4 to explore plus I don't have a R3 6* so i have a little bit of work ahead of me...
    (At least I have a choice of two 6* champs to R3 - either my Duped Cull or Duped Thing...)
  • Options
    Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

If you think what act 6 is now and what act 7 is is targeted at actual end game players, you're absolutely fooling yourself. I explored the beta about as easily as a monthly EQ. That's not targeted at "end game players". Story content is a joke now for the upper tiers

Everyone seems to want to have their cake and eat it too. Oh this is too hard make it easy for me, oh but I want a good star for beating it too. Come on guys. A single R3 is nothing when it comes to this point in the game, I have 10. Even without spending what I do, I'd have multiple.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

You know how I got that t5cc and r3 champs? Exploring the abyss and act 6.
  • Options
    Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

Idk anyone that was saying they were against it... everyone I knew from my ally other allies or saw on YouTube as in popular you tubers were mostly excited ab it even though they’d already explored 100% act 6 they thought it was fair and it had to be nerfed bc it was unfairly difficult and certain fights were clear and blatant cash grabs
    You didn't pay much attention bc there are plenty of people here who can attest to myself and others being very much against it
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

They've changed what dictates warranting titles. It's pretty simple. When everyone complained enough to get story content nerfed to the point of making its difficulty being irrelevant you can't possibly still expect beating it to be the sole measure of progression
    The only nerf to 6.4 is the attack values . And nobody can dent those were to o high
    Health and attack were basically cut in half. Somehow, many of us got through it as it was released still
  • Options
    I don't even care about story content getting a permanent easy mode at this point. You can't expect to get a gold star for walking through a training campaign as well though. That's ridiculous
  • Options
    Kaloco14 said:

Kaloco14 said:

HI_guys said:

Camby01 said:

If you don’t even have a t5cc I wouldn’t even consider your opinion since you’re so far from the target of this new title.