**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss without doom

Hello everyone I’m thinking of doing my first abyss run on the “easy path” LOL I have aegon r5 torch r5. Nick r5. I also have a r5 Corvus I have seen him used in abyss But I don’t have doom I have a r4 sim supreme. So my question is can I rank up my sim supreme and use him instead of doom?

Comments

• Options
    I haven't done Abyss, so I am out. But I think Doom is not necessary for abyss, he is good for abyss but not necessary. That's what other summoners say.

But I have no experience in Abyss, so I don't know what to say.
  • Options
    Tod919Tod919 Posts: 31
    Okay so I’m going to take sim supreme to r5 but I go should I use for my fifth roster spot I was thinking quake for the nick synergy or should I throw in Corvus for some extra damage?
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Tod919 said:

Okay so I’m going to take sim supreme to r5 but I go should I use for my fifth roster spot I was thinking quake for the nick synergy or should I throw in Corvus for some extra damage?

No need for Corvus. He's mainly used for The Collector, but Ægon works better. So you'll really just use Corvus once, then start reviving Ægon. I'd throw in Quake.
  • Options
    Bright4973Bright4973 Posts: 14
    Bring in heimdall
  • Options
    I don’t see why he is so useful in abyss all he does is save you for like a second or am I missing something else he does 😂😬
  • Options
    Tod919 said:

I don’t see why he is so useful in abyss all he does is save you for like a second or am I missing something else he does 😂😬

He just saves some revives and time on almost of the paths, but SS is better for the easy path from what I've seen. He's not necessary, but why spend more revives and time when you don't have to?
  • Options
    I understand that etjama but is the quake synergy more useful
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Sym is better than doom for easy path, r5 and use him
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Tod919 said:

Well, you don’t need a champ to use in the 5th slot, and especially with nick and aegon, you could die, be saved then land a hundred hits because you’re unblockable so it’s easy enough to avoid damage
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Tod919 said:

i brought in Quake for the synergy and found helpful on d first fight. other than she didnt do anything else for me. my suggestion is bring some1 else instead.
  • Options
    Tod919 said:

Oh, the HE confused me. Quake with Nick gives you 3 chances to make a mistake in every single fight. Heimdall kinda gives you 1.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Tod919 said:

Oh, the HE confused me. Quake with Nick gives you 3 chances to make a mistake in every single fight. Heimdall kinda gives you 1.
    Or bring proxima for stronger furies instead of quake, charging heavy with aegon is way to go for higher damage output once he ramped
  • Options
    BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
    Tod919 said:

Hello everyone I’m thinking of doing my first abyss run on the “easy path” LOL I have aegon r5 torch r5. Nick r5. I also have a r5 Corvus I have seen him used in abyss But I don’t have doom I have a r4 sim supreme. So my question is can I rank up my sim supreme and use him instead of doom?

Sym Supreme has significantly better damage against abyss cosmic champs than doom. So for path 1, he is better then doom. He greatly benefits at least 3 points in MD though.