Champion Spotlight - Red Goblin
About Red Goblin
In a desperate move to regain his lost connection to the Green Goblin persona, Norman Osborn bonded with the Carnage Symbiote. The result was Red Goblin, a demonic creature with a limitless thirst for death and unmatched hatred for Peter Parker.
Red Goblin’s Mechanics
Red Goblin’s gameplay is centered around comboing into Special Attacks with different Basic Attacks to generate Buffs. When launching Carnage Bombs with his Special 2 or Heavy Attacks, he inflicts Debuffs on his Opponent based on his active Buffs. When his Opponent is close to defeat, Red Goblin activates Frenzy and becomes even Stronger. The potency and threshold to activate Frenzy intensifies with each defeated Opponent.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||40458||2704||13680|
Character Class: Cosmic
Basic Abilities: True Sense, Energize, Fury, Aptitude
- Armor Break
- For each Fury Buff on Red Goblin, his Carnage Bombs apply 1 Armor Break. If Red Goblin stacks only Fury Buffs he can easily strip away any Armor Up Buffs on his Opponents.
- True Sense
- After launching a Special 3, or dropping his Opponent through a health threshold, Red Goblin gains a very long duration True Sense, preventing the activation of Miss or Auto-Block abilities.
- #Spider-verse Champions
- Spider-verse Champions have -100% Passive Evade Ability Accuracy, making them easy targets. Additionally, Red Goblin gains the bonus Bloodlust each time he squashes one of those pesky Spiders.
- Red Goblin’s Buffs are critical to fuel his kit. If his Buffs are removed, he won't be able to apply any Debuffs.
- Once Red Goblin gets his Buffs, he can stack up a lot of Debuffs on his Opponent. If they’re able to Purify these effects or reduce their duration he will lose out on a lot of damage and utility.
- If his Opponent regenerates themselves above Red Goblin’s Frenzy threshold, Frenzy will be removed.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Gain full Immunity to Incinerate and Power Burn.
- Red Goblin’s Symbiote reduces Ability Accuracy of Passive Evade abilities for #Spider-Verse Champions by 100%
- After Winning a Fight, gain 1 Bloodlust for the remainder of the Quest. If defeating a #Spider-Verse Champion, gain +1 Bloodlust.
- Lose 1 Bloodlust when defeated.
- While the Opponent has less than 15% health remaining, activate Frenzy. Each Bloodlust increases this threshold by a flat 10%, reaching 65% at max Bloodlust.
- Frenzy also triggers a True Sense Buff bypassing the effects of Miss and Auto Block. If Frenzy ends, this Buff is removed.
- Gain 314.7 Attack Rating. Additionally gain 314.7 Attack Rating for each Bloodlust. Each stack suffers from 15% reduced Potency
- Activating Special Attacks creates a Buff based on the last attack launched. Buffs last for 15 seconds but start Paused. Buffs are unpaused the next time one of them is triggered.
- Light Attack: Energize, granting 25% Combat Power Rate. Aptitudes increase the Potency of these Energize Buffs by 75%.
- Medium Attack: Fury, granting 1258.8 Attack Rating.
- Heavy Attack: Aptitude, granting 120% increased Fury, Precision, and Armor Up Potency.
Carnage Bombs - Heavy Attacks and Special 2
- Each Energize Buff inflicts Power Drain, draining 10% max Power over 15 seconds.
- Each Fury Buff inflicts Armor Break, reducing Armor by 525 for 15 seconds.
- All other Buffs inflict Incinerate, dealing 3671.5 Energy Damage over 15 seconds. Incinerate also prevents Perfect Block and reduces Block Proficiency by -50%.
- Carnage Bomb Debuffs inflicted by this attack have 65% reduced Duration.
| Special 1: Symbiote Rushdown -The Carnage Symbiote takes control, bursting razor sharp tentacles from his chest, before shattering a Carnage Bomb into a hail of flaming shrapnel.
If you don’t care for icing, fold in a Heavy Attack instead for the Aptitude Buff, then Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and head to the Special 2.
| Special 2: Goblin Onslaught - Norman employs the Green Goblin’s tactics, discharging a few Carnage Bombs to maim his prey, then oblisterates them with a massive blast from his glider.
| Special 3: Seething Madness - Red Goblin unleashes his madness unto the world, spawning an armada of Carnage Bombs who seek and destroy any and all things.
If you haven’t already, this is a good place to add the Heavy Attack for an Aptitude Buff. They supercharge any future Buffs you add to the mixture.
| Signature Ability - Symbiotic Empowerment - Norman Osborn and the Carnage Symbiote form a powerful bond.
Alight Shh shh shh... things are about to get serious, don’t let anybody see the screen. Is it hidden? Okay good... This right here is the secret ingredient. It’s not strictly legal, so keep it to yourself okay!? It gives an extra kick to the already mouth watering Frenzy icing. This ingredient will double your buffs, which also doubles your debuffs. No weird side effects. None. not one. So don’t worry about it. Bueno? Bueno.
SELF CENTERED - Unique - ith Green Goblin and Carnage
- Red Goblin: Gain +1 Bloodlust the first time Red Goblin win's a Fight in a Quest.
- Green Goblin: Launching Special Attacks sets Madness and Cunning stacks to be even. While both stacks are even, increase Ability Accuracy by 25%.
- Carnage: When Genetic Mutation ends, generate 1 additional Permanent Buff. After reaching max Permanent Buffs, future Symbiotic Creation Buffs last 10 seconds.
FAMILY FEUD - Unique - with Venom
- Red Goblin: Lose 1 less Bloodlust when defeated.
- Venom: Reduce the duration of Venom's Klyntar Buff by 30%.
Hatred - Unique - with Spider-Man (Symbiote)
- Red Goblin: While Frenzy is active, Increase Buff Duration by 30%.
- Spider-Man (Symbiote): Special 2 creates a non-stacking Fury Buff granting 5% attack for each Armor Break on the Opponent, lasting 20 seconds. While Active, Heavy Attacks inflict 1 additional Armor Break.
OSBORN TO BE WILD - Unique - with Iron Patriot
- Red Goblin: While Frenzy is active, Fury and Energize Buffs have 15% increased Potency.
- Iron Patriot: Arc Overload grants a Fury Buff increasing Attack Rating by 300% for 30 seconds, no longer burns out Iron Patriot’s Suit, and can be reactivated after a 60 second cooldown.
SYMBIOTE CONSCIOUSNESS - Unique - with Carnage, Symbiote Supreme, and Venom the Duck.
Symbiotes: Each Symbiote on the team grants 15% increased Critical Damage Rating.
NEMESIS - with Spider-Man (Classic), Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), and Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)
- All Champions gain +6% Attack.
- Red Goblin stacks up a lot of Debuffs. Enough debuffs to easily block healing with the Despair Mastery.
- Red Goblin’s attack power goes off the chain once he’s gotten his Opponents low on health. The Assassin Mastery will push him even farther over the edge and ensure an easy KO.
- Weakness Debuffs applied by the Mastery count towards total Unique Debuffs, which will increase the damage of Red Goblin’s Special 1.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on