**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Punisher 2099

Has anyone seen the Punisher 2099 tweak? It seems like a massive disappointment. His damage still seems mediocre at best. Kabam got the Hulkbuster and Magneto buffs right yet blew this one. Anyone see the same thing?

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    CapMark2 said:

Has anyone seen the Punisher 2099 tweak? It seems like a massive disappointment. His damage still seems mediocre at best. Kabam got the Hulkbuster and Magneto buffs right yet blew this one. Anyone see the same thing?

He hits pretty hard if played properly. That is combined with his utility and he is a pretty good champion although certianly not one of the best champions.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I don't find his rotation to be that hard to manage at all. So far, I find the best way to play him is to get just under three bars of power before you enter Overcharge (usually you need to throw one or two heavy attacks to drain the battery a little so you don't enter it before you're ready), launch your sp2 once you enter Overcharge, then just backdraft and spam sp1s to keep Overcharge up for as long as possible. It's a lot more manageable than trying to get to 2 armor breaks and you get a long time of big damage. My 6r1 was hitting 7K medium crits easily. It also really helps to have Red Skull on the team for bonus debuff duration.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    If you want to keep up 2 armor breaks, I found that using your sp2 just when your battery is around the 80-90 mark is best. So, you can soon enter overdrive use another sp2 and get 2 armor breaks while in overdrive to pump up the damage for a significant amount of time. However in most cases, the 1st armor break will run out at around half-way through overdrive.
  • CapMark2CapMark2 Posts: 40
    Kabam had an opportunity in to make Punisher 2099 awesome but failed. Something as simple as making the Armour Breaks last much longer like Symbiote Spiderman or make them Permanent up to 6 Stacks really would have made him a good Champion. Heck maybe give him a Synergy that makes the Armour breaks permanent even. It's not like Punisher 2099 would be too powerful even if he had 6 armour breaks. Kabam disappointed again..
  • Alvin69Alvin69 Posts: 78 ★★
    CapMark2 said:

Kabam had an opportunity in to make Punisher 2099 awesome but failed. Something as simple as making the Armour Breaks last much longer like Symbiote Spiderman or make them Permanent up to 6 Stacks really would have made him a good Champion. Heck maybe give him a Synergy that makes the Armour breaks permanent even. It's not like Punisher 2099 would be too powerful even if he had 6 armour breaks. Kabam disappointed again..

No offense, but the majority of feedback from the Punisher 2099 buff from what I've seen has been very positive. I feel like you just had expectations that were just way too high. This was a tune-up, not an overhaul or an update. Punisher 2099 is a solid champ with solid damage and strong power control abilities. Not every champ needs to be absolutely insane to be good. I've seen some rank 5 5* and rank 2 6* Punisher 2099's, and he looks so much better than he used to be. Heck, I've even seen people consider bringing him to rank 3 6*.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Alvin69 said:

CapMark2 said:

No offense, but the majority of feedback from the Punisher 2099 buff from what I've seen has been very positive. I feel like you just had expectations that were just way too high. This was a tune-up, not an overhaul or an update. Punisher 2099 is a solid champ with solid damage and strong power control abilities. Not every champ needs to be absolutely insane to be good. I've seen some rank 5 5* and rank 2 6* Punisher 2099's, and he looks so much better than he used to be. Heck, I've even seen people consider bringing him to rank 3 6*.
    But I thinks that’s sort of the point of the post. Punisher isn’t very game breaking, yea his power control is strong, but to get the most out of it in terms of utility you have ditch the sp2 and it’s armor break which is where Punisher gets his damage, a trade off I’m not very keen on.

If a champion isn’t going to have crazy immunities or utility then what’s does it matter how hard he hits if their damage is their one major defining characteristic. Starlord and Proxima aren’t bad champions, but they’re often over looked or forgotten because all they offer is damage and that’s enough for me to rate them highly. When’s the last time someone said Starlord is worth a gem or r5? The only thing that makes these two worth using is their crazy damage and Punishers falls under them, but I could be underrating his power control ability.

To help make my point I’d put og Vision over Pun even those he doesn’t hit as hard, he does have immunities so he doesn’t have to in my opinion which is something I see as balance. Vision can control power just as efficiently if not better then Pun while having a wider breadth of fights. Punisher is either well balanced with his power control, regen and damage or underwhelming enough to fall under Proxima and Starlord. Boosting his damage would only help to keep him relevant and he still wouldn’t come close to breaking the game. There’s no reason he shouldn’t hit harder, but I suppose there’s no reason he should.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Just wait and see if his synergy with CGR allows him to stack furies on his heavy. That could make him a lot more decent