**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Defender diversity is lot of fun

Can we have different diversity points for 3*, 4* and 5*'s?

Also can we have offender diversity points as well?

Comments

• Fluffydragon2Fluffydragon2 Posts: 109
    I like the idea of offender diversity. Will make things interesting
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    LMAO @Thawnim ! How about a "Late Bloomer" or "Ugly Duckling" badge for those that had a
    " feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there"? Whom diversity in AW is apparently geared towards, so that they dont continue to feel that way knowing eventually they will grow to be a beautiful swan??
  • Team_SlyTeam_Sly Posts: 85
    How can you say it's a lot of fun, when that stupid points system determines who wins the war, how is that fun when both teams have taken the bosses down and it comes down to defender diversity points, that's a real slap in the face to lose that way.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Just do away with wars.
    People cried about mystic wars
    People cry about this.
    Make aw a 2 day login calendar maybe then people will stop crying

They already made it a 2 day login calendar, just not one where everyone gets the same rewards
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Just do away with wars.
    People cried about mystic wars
    People cry about this.
    Make aw a 2 day login calendar maybe then people will stop crying

Well that's one idea. Though I suggest creating a war system that encourages diversity, doesn't require it. A scoring system that more heavily favors the play where defender and attacker kills have the largest impact on outcome. Could even through in weighted nodes, so miniboss nodes are worth more for a attacker kill. There are several things you can do that would be an improvement on the old system. Just about anything you do would be an improvement on the current system.

I think the important part is to create a system and test it, run it through scenarios so you can see if the scoring is fair, does it offer multiple paths to success. If it doesn't work, tweak it, or trash it; find something that works. This war abomination didn't even need to leave the brain storming stage before it was trashed. They had some good ideas on what they wanted to accomplish with it and did an awful job of accomplishing it. Like fixing the mild pain in your elbow by breaking your knee. This really shouldn't be so difficult for a group of smart and creative people.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    I think the idea of diversity was creative, just not well executed. Defender kills is the biggest issue to me. If it was reduced to yield the same overall amt of points as max diversity, allys could decide whether or not to go pure insane defense, pure diversity, or a hybrid. Just a thought.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I like the idea of defender diversity but this was poorly conceived. It would be far better to revisit the class masteries and make everything other than Mystic Dispersion not be totally trash. Pure Skill used to be good but then it was devalued completely by the Great 12.0 Nerf.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    How do we win wars now? Diversity. What if everyone has all the champs? PI. How do we improve our diversity and PI? Open more crystals, collect more rank-up material. This seems long and tedious, is there a faster way?
    Why yes! Units! Why, here's some rank-up packages for only $49.99! How's about that?
    Seems to me the new AW is designed just fine for Kabam.
  • Team_Sly wrote: »
    How can you say it's a lot of fun, when that stupid points system determines who wins the war, how is that fun when both teams have taken the bosses down and it comes down to defender diversity points, that's a real slap in the face to lose that way.

You're so right. Having to use items just to get through a lane of spidey, nc, hyperion and md juicers is so much more fun.

While it sucks to lose wars due to the numbers game, it's more fun to finish and release my champs for other content. If we lose, so be it. Free shards and loyalty.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Fthewigg wrote: »

You're so right. Having to use items just to get through a lane of spidey, nc, hyperion and md juicers is so much more fun.

While it sucks to lose wars due to the numbers game, it's more fun to finish and release my champs for other content. If we lose, so be it. Free shards and loyalty.

You made a good point. Would you agree that In the previous AW, you would have to be above avg skill level in order to get through your hypothetical lineup without items? And also agree that using items was dependant on how close the match appeared to be to warrant their use, because defender kill points could have given unecessary points to the opponent, which could have been the difference of winning or losing(all things being equal) dependent on the CHOICES WE MAKE?

If your answers are yes to both, would I be correct in understanding that you would rather everyone need less skill to be sucessful and be free to use items to get kills without making an impact on the outcome so that our champions can be released?

IMO, although far from perfect, the original AW was by far more entertaining and closer to what "war" is meant to be than the current version.