**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Have you ever taken a Champion to Rank 5 or Rank 6 purely for a single fight for your progression?

I’m thinking of taking She-Hulk up to Rank 5 almost exclusively for the 6.2.6 Champion fight. I don’t really like playing with her but I recognize the utility of her Slow mechanic on her heavy attacks.

Am I crazy to do this?

Any advice on her is appreciated.

Have you ever taken a Champion to Rank 5 or Rank 6 purely for a single fight for your progression? 81 votes

You’re not crazy - rank ups should be based on the need you have for the champion in your progression
34%
FrostyzuffyJBC8916wegnerkWorknprogressPizzabeatRasiloverTexas_11Raichu626QacobStevieManWonderEtjamaDwhalen8554DeaconLeathersmw2017SignUpNowGinjabredMonstaDretlleMasterpuffCarracho01 28 votes
You’re not crazy - She-Hulk is awesome and she’ll be useful down the road of 6.3-6.4 as well
41%
Lvernon15RoOOtsDuke_SilverMoosetiptronic10or_StrongRamadaAmazing_Demon05Hector_1475Kill_GreyKaratemike415Jazzy011No_oneukMadEyeMoody_333Sarvanga1_Pratham02BonzodavidBerjibsEdeuinkwalkerdogSneakyWarrior 34 votes
You’re somewhat crazy - I’ve considered taking a champion to Rank 5/2 purely for a single fight but it’s really not worth it if you won’t use that champ again
12%
NanoDroidLordSmasherM_Master19SuperiorSymbioteŘïdđhįm_GØDŽÎŁŁÂ_MrGreekValentinos13ExWeaponavenge_123 10 votes
You’re certified insane - don’t take a champion up with precious resources if you’re not planning on using them later. Instead, use that champion at Rank 4 with boosts.
11%
SnakeEyes69RazorDevilArsozWebhead055Sunny2PapdichaatGr8TonyStarkPaul_RuddGeralt_123 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    You’re not crazy - rank ups should be based on the need you have for the champion in your progression
    There are two reasons to rank up champions:

For fun, because this is a game and to progress and move forward in the story.

This is one of those reasons.

DUN DUN
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

There are two reasons to rank up champions:

For fun, because this is a game and to progress and move forward in the story.

This is one of those reasons.

DUN DUN

I just saw the blue option, that might actually be a better choice. From what I’ve heard, she’s very nice in 6.3/6.4.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    You’re not crazy - She-Hulk is awesome and she’ll be useful down the road of 6.3-6.4 as well
    I took she hulk to r5 for Abyss easy path mordo.
    I used her often enough in act 6 exploration after that, she's not a wasted rank up by any means.
  • Options
    Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    You’re certified insane - don’t take a champion up with precious resources if you’re not planning on using them later. Instead, use that champion at Rank 4 with boosts.
    Lol not certified insane but rank up Champs for fun, also she hulk is fun but I won't suggest ranking up champs for a single fight.
    Also there are many slow champs you can use for champion boss. However it is your game and it's sole purpose is enjoyment. If you want to rank her up , just go for it dude.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    *6.4.5 Hydra Adaptoid says hi*
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Normax_X said:

how is no one talking about the rank6 part in the question XD

Agreed, I thought I was seeing things or missing out on some detail
  • Options
    Sunny2Sunny2 Posts: 183 ★★
    I did that for the grandmaster flight with mr sin because I am horrible at reverse controls. But then realized after I did the fight for the first time that you can work around it without it being a real issue and also that even ranked up mr sin hits like a wet noodle. Only rank up i have really regretted.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Don't rank her up, just throw a 30% attack boost and that should do it.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    If you play her properly in that fight you only need r4, I did it pre nerf with her at that level so you should be fine now.

She builds fury so fast as he constantly throws specials, it shouldn’t take long.

You’ve got the perfect opportunity to practice in the half champion fight this month in events.

Having said all that I since took her to r5 as she’s very useful throughout act 6.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    first off She Hulk is awesome ... secondly, not rank 5 but i took Ronan up specifically for the CAPIW cheese lol
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    As an owner of an R5 She-Hulk, whom I also intend to get to sig 200, my reply is obvious...
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    She Hulk is a total beast and will 110% continue to help you further on.

Who knows, over time you might enjoy her playstyle more. I reluctantly took my 5* Void from rank 3 to 5 exclusively for the Abyss because I had no other choice, and I wasn’t a huge fan of him at the time. Since then, I’ve come to really like Void.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    While She-Hulk is absolutely worth rank 5 regardless of what content you are on, it is not insane or a poor decision to rank up a champion for a specific piece of content, even if you never plan on using them again. I took up my unduped Stealthy (he's awakened now) up to r5 specifically for the Abyss Luke Cage and I really don't use him ever now. I also ranked up Sentinel to 6r2 for the Biohazard Tech lane in 6.3, took Mister Sinister up to r4 for the inverted control paths in 6.3 and 6.4, and there are a few more I took to r4 just for some paths for Act 6 Exploration but I don't remember who they were anymore.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    rank 6?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Symbiote Supreme to r5 for Abyss