**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AA is a Mess!! Not working like intended!!

So, I want to spread this message that AA( ability accuracy) is not working as expected. If you don’t know what AA is, it means the chance of a certain ability triggering. The problem I’m having is with AA reduction, because with AA increase I have no problems.

The problem is: I was playing Blade against Hood with Biohazard. Blade has an ability that against Dimensional Beings, they have 40 reduced AA and Hood is one of them. The chance of Bleed triggering on Biohazard is of 20%, so in theory it should never trigger. (-20%)

Sadly, it triggers like if Danger Sense wasn’t working. This also happens to Domino and other AA reduction. The only champ that seemed to work, other than that none other.

Kabam, please take a look at it or explain how it works!

Comments

• AA is a mess. They don’t explain it, but now I understand it
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    It’s multiplicative not additive.
  • Ability accuracy modifiers modify the base chance of abilities, in the case of biohazards 20% chance it’s 20-40%= 12% chance to bleed. Low hanging fruit.

I doesn’t says “base ability accuracy” on his abilities, so how I’m supposed to know ?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Ability accuracy modifiers modify the base chance of abilities, in the case of biohazards 20% chance it’s 20-40%= 12% chance to bleed. Low hanging fruit.

I doesn’t says “base ability accuracy” on his abilities, so how I’m supposed to know ?
    You’re not expected to know that, it’s a common misconception thus low hanging fruit.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    As already stated, it’s a percent reduction based on the existing percentage chance. So if the chance is 50% to trigger, and there’s a reduction of 40% from blade, it’s not 10% chance to trigger, it’s actually 30% chance to trigger. The only time that it is the flat 40% is if the chance is 100% to trigger. So for example, hoods invisibility is 100% chance to trigger when he dashed back and holds block. However with blade’s danger sense, that is reduced to 60%.

Additionally the synergy with stark spidey increases danger sense effects by 45%, so you get 45% more attack, and 45% increased ability accuracy. However it’s not a flat 45%. So it’s not 85% reduction, it’s actually 58% reduction, since it’s 40 x 1.45, not 40 + 45. Confusing at first but that’s how it is.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Its not a flat 40% reduction of X% its 40% OF the flat %
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    It’s not what you said it’s what 5 people commented (6 people now)