**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Forum Rules

CPT_SmashCPT_Smash Posts: 17
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Never have I seen an online community of (mostly) paying customers bullied and ignored in such a fashion. Make no mistake: this forum is, first and foremost, a platform for Kabam to make one sided arguments.

They allow childish drivel between many players because it does not affect them and their goals. Those are most of the posts here. When large portions of the player-base comes here to voice the same message, the mods classify it as "clutter" and delete the constructive conversations.

Is that what this is? Should we stick to Reddit? You mods obviously don't care about players unless they spend absurd amounts of money.

*** thread title edited by admin ***
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    CPT_Smash wrote: »
    Never have I seen an online community of (mostly) paying customers bullied and ignored in such a fashion. Make no mistake: this forum is, first and foremost, a platform for Kabam to make one sided arguments.

They allow childish drivel between many players because it does not affect them and their goals. Those are most of the posts here. When large portions of the player-base comes here to voice the same message, the mods classify it as "clutter" and delete the constructive conversations.

Is that what this is? Should we stick to Reddit? You mods obviously don't care about players unless they spend absurd amounts of money. That was obvious after the spending boycott earlier this year. Maybe it needs to happen again.

Hey - if there is something that you feel violates our forum rules and our moderation team has not gotten to it, flagging the posts will help us spot them. It's not possible for us to see everything, and sometimes things do fall through the cracks (both in moderation, and in getting to replies!).

As for the purpose of the forums - you've got it wrong but I suspect we aren't going to agree entirely on this matter. I'll explain things as we see it, and you can decide from there whether or not you choose to agree :) They're here for you to engage with other players, and they are here to for you to engage with us.

Organizing our forums so that they are not deluged with numerous threads on one topic is a very common forum practice, and one that they try to stick to in other online forums as well. This doesn't mean that we aren't reading things, and aren't taking player feedback to the rest of our team. In fact, it makes it much easier for us to consume feedback on a topic if it's all in one place. It means we are far less likely to miss an insightful comment on the matter - the Alliance Wars thread is a great example of this.

As for non-constructive topics, yes we remove them - because they violate our rules. This is a really interesting read, if you're curious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varieties_of_criticism#Constructive_criticism. It's perfectly reasonable for us to set up rules for a space we created and manage, and expect participants to follow those rules. It's just kind of a common thing :)

At the end of the day, the intent behind your desire to provide us with negative feedback is to let us know that you don't like something and wish to see it changed. Doing so in a manner that sticks to our organization rules, follows our engagement guidelines and even provides some alternative suggestions to the thing or situation truly frustrating you is more effective and more conducive to good conversation - which is what we want to foster here.

We don't LIKE shutting down threads or moderating comments. In a perfect world, my team would spend ALL of their time focused on getting y'all answers to questions you have - but we don't live in a perfect world, and we have to keep things tidy and polite for everyone. So... we do have to spend a decent amount of time moderating.

I've edited some of your original post because as the other poster mentioned - this is definitely not constructive. But there were some things in here I wanted to be sure and address.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    You took the high road @Ad0ra_

Definitely a lot of insight in your reply. Thanks.
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    CPT_Smash wrote: »

Is that what this is? Should we stick to Reddit? You mods obviously don't care about players unless they spend absurd amounts of money. That was obvious after the spending boycott earlier this year. Maybe it needs to happen again.

Hey - if there is something that you feel violates our forum rules and our moderation team has not gotten to it, flagging the posts will help us spot them. It's not possible for us to see everything, and sometimes things do fall through the cracks (both in moderation, and in getting to replies!).

As for the purpose of the forums - you've got it wrong but I suspect we aren't going to agree entirely on this matter. I'll explain things as we see it, and you can decide from there whether or not you choose to agree :) They're here for you to engage with other players, and they are here to for you to engage with us.

Organizing our forums so that they are not deluged with numerous threads on one topic is a very common forum practice, and one that they try to stick to in other online forums as well. This doesn't mean that we aren't reading things, and aren't taking player feedback to the rest of our team. In fact, it makes it much easier for us to consume feedback on a topic if it's all in one place. It means we are far less likely to miss an insightful comment on the matter - the Alliance Wars thread is a great example of this.

As for non-constructive topics, yes we remove them - because they violate our rules. This is a really interesting read, if you're curious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varieties_of_criticism#Constructive_criticism. It's perfectly reasonable for us to set up rules for a space we created and manage, and expect participants to follow those rules. It's just kind of a common thing :)

At the end of the day, the intent behind your desire to provide us with negative feedback is to let us know that you don't like something and wish to see it changed. Doing so in a manner that sticks to our organization rules, follows our engagement guidelines and even provides some alternative suggestions to the thing or situation truly frustrating you is more effective and more conducive to good conversation - which is what we want to foster here.

We don't LIKE shutting down threads or moderating comments. In a perfect world, my team would spend ALL of their time focused on getting y'all answers to questions you have - but we don't live in a perfect world, and we have to keep things tidy and polite for everyone. So... we do have to spend a decent amount of time moderating.

I've edited some of your original post because as the other poster mentioned - this is definitely not constructive. But there were some things in here I wanted to be sure and address.

Why are you confusing me with your normal text colour? Are you the real Adora? The one we have all been missing for so long?
This discussion has been closed.