Champion Spotlight - Gambit

About Gambit
Remy LeBeau, raised by thieves on the dark streets of New Orleans was eventually forced to leave that life behind after winning a duel he wasn’t meant to. Gifted with the power to supercharge objects he touches with powerful kinetic force, Gambit now fights alongside his fellow mutants to protect mankind, while also occasionally dipping into his more scoundrel-like nature to pull off a heist here and there.

Gambit’s Mechanics

Gambit is coming back into The Contest with a new Stun stacking special smashing style. Use your prowess to deal some huge special damage and stack your Stuns to lower the opponents Combat Power rate and Regen rate.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  6124  476  2134
 4-Star  15356  1193  5348
 5-Star  30789  2392  10580
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  39672  3082  13610

Character Class: Mutant
Basic Abilities: Prowess, Concussion, Flak Jacket, Stun

STRENGTHS:
  • Anti-Thorns
  • Gambit’s Updated Kit now lets him counter Thorns by ignoring the damage he would take from Thorns type abilities.

• Special Damage
  • Gambit has got a huge amount more prowess now, as well stacking his prowess faster for stronger specials than ever before.

• Bleed Resist
  • Gambits Flak Jacket lets him ignore 100% of incoming bleed debuff damage letting him be a reliable counter to any bleeds you may run into!
WEAKNESSES:
  • Stun Immune
  • Gambits Utility relies a lot on him being able to Stun, and stack Stuns on the opponent. Running into Stun immune is going to have him struggle with applying his Regeneration and Combat Power Rate reductions.

• Nullify
  • Gambits Damage is heavily based on his Prowess, running into an enemy that has the ability to nullify or remove your buffs often is going to lower his damaging abilities.

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Blocking
  • Gambit charges his weapons while holding Block, gaining a Kinetic Charge every 0.40 seconds. Kinetic Charges build up more slowly as Gambit accumulates more of them. Max Charges: 10.
Dev Note: Gambit has the same base timer for building his Kinetic Charges, but they do not slow down nearly as much and he should be able to hit the cap of 10 much faster now!

When Charging a Heavy Attack
  • Gambit cashes out, converting his Kinetic Charges to Prowess Buffs, each increasing Special Damage by 30% for 16 seconds.
Dev Notes: Now that Gambit’s Prowess is gained on charging a Heavy Attack instead of Hitting it, you can Parry, Heavy charge and cancel it into a Special Attack. This works great with his Stun stacking abilities.

Stun
  • Each Stun Debuff on the Opponent Reduces Regeneration Rate and Combat Power Rate by 40% while active.
  • All Stun Debuffs currently on the Opponent are Paused for the duration of Gambit’s Special Attacks.
Dev Notes: Combine Gambit's new abilities found here with his on Heavy Charge prowess and Parry to stack Stuns and tons of damage against your opponent.

Medium, Heavy, Special 1 and Special 2 Attacks
  • These attacks utilize a burst of kinetic energy, reducing the amount of damage the opponent can deal with Passive effects when being struck by 100% for 0.20 seconds.
Dev Notes: This is the exact same implementation as Omega Red!

Flak Jacket
  • Gambit begins each fight with a Flak Jacket charge which is lost once Gambit has taken 15394.5 Attack Damage. Tech Champions’ Attack Damage counts double for this purpose.
  • While Flak Jacket is active, Gambit gains +1400 Armor Rating and incoming Bleed effects suffer -150% Potency.
  • Against Non-Contact Physical Attacks, the Flak Jacket provides an additional +1400 Armor Rating and Critical Resistance.
Dev Notes: Bleed Resists as well as Armor and Critical Resistance are going to leave the new and improved Gambit stronger than ever.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
  • If the opponent does not have an Armor Up BUff, all hits gain +20% Ability Accuracy.
Special 1
  • 85% chance to inflict a 2.50 second Stun Debuff.

Special 2
  • This attack has a 85% chance to inflict a Concussion Debuff, reducing Ability Accuracy by 85% for 13 seconds. The Potency of this effect is affected by Class relationships.

Special 3
  • This attack has a 85% chance to inflict up to Two 5 Second Stun Debuffs.

Signature Ability - Ragin’ Cajun
  • Always Active
  • Prowess Buffs now also grant Gambit +110.74 Critical Damage Rating each.
  • Additionally, his Flak Jacket is upgraded to allow it to absorb an additional 6157.8 Attack Damage before breaking.

SYNERGY BONUSES
Friends - With Wolverine (X23), Warlock
  • All Champions Gain +130 Armor Rating

Romance - with Rogue
  • All Champions Gain +5% Power Gain

Teammates - with Nightcrawler, Beast, Magneto(House of X)
  • All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance

Enemies - with Magneto, Apocalypse, Mister Sinister
  • All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating

Idol - with Professor X
  • All Champions gain +4% Health & Attack Rating

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Precision:
  • Up your Crit Rating to get some lucky crits on those Special Attack to really make that Signature Ability and Prowess Shine

Petrify
  • Pair Petrify with Gambit’s Stun stacking to lower the opponents Regeneration Rate even further!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 615 ★★★
    Is his flak jacket designed to be like invisible woman’s bubble?
    Also, can his ability reverse regeneration, or does it just stop it?

Thanks! Pretty excited about the buff
  • UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 504 ★★★
    Looks interesting. Can't wait to play as him!
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 229
    This looks awesome, can't wait to test him out. I've got a r4 5* waiting for this buff
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 125
    So with the petrify and despair mastery he's going to be reducing combat power rate by 85% while opponent is stunned. Also there's the synergy he has with Apocalypse that increases his perfect block chance so he'll have pretty lengthy parry stuns. Sounds very promising.
  • LPH_337LPH_337 Posts: 34
    Hopefully this translates well to actual gameplay. Sound like it could be great or turn out to be underwhelming. He was my favorite character growing up and have been hoping fir a buff to make him relevant ever since he came out yeats ago and i did my first feature grind for him.

But yeah no synergy boost is very disappointing. And looks like the only way to guarantee his stuns now is if he's a horseman right? And does his kinetic charges do anything before they get turned into prowess buffs? Would have liked to see them reduce AA or something. That way you can kinda change how you want to play him. Lastly would have been nice to see his flak jacket be able to tank an sp3 or something. Like while active damage from an sp3 cant exceed a certain % but then will break after. It would've been a neat little addition.

Hoping this is all enough to make him a champ worth max rank and very relevant in the meta though. Excited to see it all in gameplay. Fingers crossed 🤞😬🤞
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 362 ★★
    Amazing job, one things for sure, he will be fun to play, whether the damage is there or not is an entirely different question.
  • HI_guysHI_guys Posts: 2,123 ★★★★★
    So the timer won't refresh every time he blocks a hit right? @Kabam Zibiit
  • LPH_337LPH_337 Posts: 34
    Oh i see stuns are guaranteed if defender doesn't have an armor up. Thats good
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 368 ★★★
    Nice I needed an Omega for Cavalier mutant quest but Gambit looks perfect for that!
  • ImranImran Posts: 537 ★★★
    Is the timer will reset when he block attack?
  • ImranImran Posts: 537 ★★★
    Are this stat will be upgrade? His block proficiency looks below average for a male champ.

• WRIRWRIR Posts: 368 ★★★
    LPH_337 said:

Hopefully this translates well to actual gameplay. Sound like it could be great or turn out to be underwhelming. He was my favorite character growing up and have been hoping fir a buff to make him relevant ever since he came out yeats ago and i did my first feature grind for him.

But yeah no synergy boost is very disappointing. And looks like the only way to guarantee his stuns now is if he's a horseman right? And does his kinetic charges do anything before they get turned into prowess buffs? Would have liked to see them reduce AA or something. That way you can kinda change how you want to play him. Lastly would have been nice to see his flak jacket be able to tank an sp3 or something. Like while active damage from an sp3 cant exceed a certain % but then will break after. It would've been a neat little addition.

Hoping this is all enough to make him a champ worth max rank and very relevant in the meta though. Excited to see it all in gameplay. Fingers crossed 🤞😬🤞

No if the opponent doesn't have armor ups he gets accuracy increase so unless you fight an opponent with armor ups he ALWAYS has guarenteed stuns and concussion.
  • DarkShadowZXDarkShadowZX Posts: 14
    Wait, I'm a little confused. So the only two ways he can ever stack a stun is if he launches a special 3 or if he parries and then launches a special 1, right? Does that mean that he can only have a max of two stuns stacked at a time?

Also, each stun reduces regen and combat power rate by 40%. So if you can only have up to two stuns at a time, that means you can only have a max of 80% reduction, which only occurs for around 2.5 or 5 seconds each time, right?

Is that correct or did I miss a few lines somewhere, cause it feels like I'm maybe missing some info here.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 641 ★★★
    I'm very excited for this buff, cause my last 6 star pull was just a gambit :) also i'm very happy he will be 100% bleed resistant. and all sort of new additions and utilities he's got.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 871 ★★★
    edited October 26
    Is Gambit's bleed immunity active only when his damage is less than 15, 394.5?

So if he suffers more damage than this then he's no longer bleed immune?
  • Bloodbath96Bloodbath96 Posts: 23
    Waiting to see cap America classic buffs.
  • doctorb said:

The Bleed damage resistance is only active while his Flak Jacket is, so once he takes enough damage for his Flak Jacket to break, that will go away.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 603 ★★★

doctorb said:

The Bleed damage resistance is only active while his Flak Jacket is, so once he takes enough damage for his Flak Jacket to break, that will go away.
    What is this flak jacket that's always been described in his abilities? Is it talking about his trench coat? Ive never heard it called by that name nor it providing any measure of protection. It's function was always for utility storage (cards, knives, staff, lock picks etc.)

doctorb said:

Is this through physical attacks? Or external damage like thorns , korg, degen , void?
  • calamitacalamita Posts: 13
    Any news about the release date?
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 865 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

doctorb said:

Is this through physical attacks? Or external damage like thorns , korg, degen , void?
    i would think all of them, but i hope its only physical damage because how will poison break a jacket?
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 447 ★★
    just updated the game and looked at the new gambit, and i noticed a couple of things: he has a form of AAR against incoming bleeds that i can't find in the spotlight, and the prowess seems to be a 30% instead of a 40%. Are these things just text errors, or did you adjusted gambit upon release? ^_^
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 641 ★★★

just updated the game and looked at the new gambit, and i noticed a couple of things: he has a form of AAR against incoming bleeds that i can't find in the spotlight, and the prowess seems to be a 30% instead of a 40%. Are these things just text errors, or did you adjusted gambit upon release? ^_^

flak jacket while active will reduce all incoming bleeds -150% that was part of the Champion spotlight

HOWEVER,

Spotlight says "Gambit cashes out, converting his Kinetic Charges to Prowess Buffs, each increasing Special Damage by 40% for 16 seconds."

But the game says "Gambit cashes out, converting his Kinetic Charges to Prowess Buffs, each increasing Special Damage by 30% for 16 seconds."

We starting out the month on the wrong foot already LOL