**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The ban wave was awesome! But also very concerning...

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
We went from Platin 3 Rank 4 up 19 spots.

With 103 alliances above us means that 19/103 (~ 18,4%) were cheating.

I find absolut ridiculous and wonder how many ppl lost their rank to these cheaters for example last season (there was no docking right?)

Im very happy with the cleanup and hope those guys got a perma ban.

Im also very sorry for those alliances that thought they had only legit players and now had a dark awakening. Cant imagine how bad it must feel to give it all the entire season and get robbed by some lowly cheater.

Anyway. Kabam keep the contest clean. We love you for that ✌🏻

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

I find absolut ridiculous and wonder how many ppl lost their rank to these cheaters for example last season (there was no docking right?)

Im also very sorry for those alliances that thought they had only legit players and now had a dark awakening. Cant imagine how bad it must feel to give it all the entire season and get robbed by some lowly cheater.

There’s more. Some guy said his ally went from Plat 1 to Plat 2 in the ban wave, meaning they cheated but didn’t let you move up.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Damn. That would be even worse...
  • AnujkewlAnujkewl Posts: 24
    Please ban all those using mods in this game, thats the way it should be. Those who work hard to get through alliance wars by buying units and potions, this is unfair to them, all those alliances should be docked to stone bracket in aw and their aw rating down as well, also people using these apps and mods should be banned permanently
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    I'm hoping that Kabam are able to find out and pinpoint which players in particular may have been cheating, and give them perma bans. It does seem rubbish that entire alliance's are punished if there is only select players that have been secretly cheating.
    If of course the entire alli has been found to be cheating, then they should simply lose all rewards and face bans.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    That was a good approach from kabam
    But in some cases 1 person will be cheating but whole alliance pay the price
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

The fact it took this long is pretty laughable honestly. Glad, it was finally addressed but still pretty sad

Yeah, I can’t believe it took them 3 seasons to do it tbh
    I fully get that they have to gather enough actual evidence before they take any meaningful action and am glad they do, I still don't think it should have taken anywhere near this long with as blatantly obvious as it was
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

That was a good approach from kabam
    But in some cases 1 person will be cheating but whole alliance pay the price

It needs to be done tho. For everyone.
  • Murfatlar2Murfatlar2 Posts: 22
    Seraphion said:

1) Actually, a lot more were cheating, but some of them were moved down only a bit, so are still above you.
    2) I doubt there are many, if any, truly permanent bans handed out.
    3) Unfortunately they don't, really. If I was a big spender, I'd probably have either quit spending or quit the game long ago, as the sheer volume of cheaters far outweighs any benefit from the money I spent.
  • It’s a real shame that it came to this. I’m happy that it’s had to be this stark though as it really is a kick in the teeth for those alliances and hopefully provides them with impetus to clean their acts up.

I’m all for reform etc but I honestly think that there should be a title or something that says this player cheated on AW season 21. I know
    Kabam don’t like to single players out but in a few cases here we’ve got alliances where 28/9 players have been shafted because they have a single dark horse. Would I risk recruiting a player with a black mark? Probably not if it was season 21, but if that player had got through 5 or 6 more seasons without a black mark then I’d be inclined to give them a second chance.

Related to this, I think that all players should get an AW title that simply says P2, season 21 or whatever, almost like a CV. You know what level the player is playing at for recruitment purposes Etc. And if there’s a red flag you know what you’re getting into.
  • walkerdog said:

walkerdog said:

It seems like they waited until that ally just wasn't spending anymore... otherwise why wait 3 seasons.

That was never a spending alliance...

This point that continually gets brought up always makes me laugh.
    There's a pretty good chance that some or all of the members have spent $$ unless u think they built all built their accounts (cheating or not) as f2p.
    Your comments on these posts seem to always resort to the same rhetoric. Not everyone spends and not everyone who cheats were big spenders either
  • walkerdog said:

walkerdog said:

It seems like they waited until that ally just wasn't spending anymore... otherwise why wait 3 seasons.

That was never a spending alliance...

This point that continually gets brought up always makes me laugh.
    There's a pretty good chance that some or all of the members have spent $$ unless u think they built all built their accounts (cheating or not) as f2p.
    Once you’re hitting ~40m+ you know players are spending money unless it’s 100% filthy arena grinders. We’re 31m ish alliance. We have a couple of whales, most aren’t fully F2P - some get the unit card or sigil and might buy the odd offer every couple of months, but the sort you’re thinking about are the alliances that are all 1.5m+ AoL exploration etc.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Ya perma ban for cheating, and like a 1 week ban for poeple who didn't know they were exploiting, such as the infinite crystal farm in mephisto hades invasion
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Kind of sucks for those in the alliance that wasn't cheating but it GBA ( guilty by association )
  • Jreed2560Jreed2560 Posts: 12
    What I don't understand is if all these people above us were cheating, why did we drop out of gold 1 in to gold 2 when we didn't cheat?
This discussion has been closed.