**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opponents intercepting dash attacks with their specials

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
Since Miike just suggested we create separate threads on matters like this, then here I go:

I can't be the only one noticing this, right? It happens soooo much nowadays! When trying to bait their specials, they keep dashing back and being defensive. When you go in to hit into their block to make the process easier, they let go of their own block at the moment you dash forward, and intercept your dash with their specials!

This has happened to me a lot today with the Nova in map 6. Obviously, I'd try to hit into his block to prevent him from dashing forward and gaining power as Nova does. As I was dashing forward with my Void, he clipped me with his SP 2, and it was an instant ko. Also happened with convention clash Thanos.

I'm not going crazy, right?

Comments

• SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    no you are not. I have noticed this in RoL even
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Happens to me all the time. I just thought I was bad at timing.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Happens to me all the time. I just thought I was bad at timing.

Yeah I thought the exact same. It's been happening a lot lately.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    It's been happening so much. Times when it would be completely safe to dash in are now almost guaranteed to special intercept you. I hate it so much.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Yes, I've been experiencing this too. RoL winter soldier doesn't want to throw his special 2 until I'm right up in his face.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Lol, I forgot to add.
    If they're not at a bar of power, they would almost always go for a light-attsck intercept. They don't miss, ever!

It's so comical and annoying at the same time.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    I interecept all the time without issues..
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Lormif said:

its not about you intercepting its about the apponents intercepting with there special
    HI_guys said:

Yes. The AI is becoming harder. I reeally don't know how to feel. On the other hand, did you knwo light Intercepts are so damn easy to do? Its how backdraft Intercepts was. Atleast it is until Kabam changes it again

Yeah, I find the light intercepts that one actually does with their own champs to be the safest way to go. Backdrafts are super unreliable. The only thing about light intercepts is that they feel weird to do, and the rhythm doesn't feel too smooth.
    Gardener said:

Lormif said:

its not about you intercepting its about the apponents intercepting with there special
    Then dont dash in while they have power, and are not in a defense, without intercepting. This is not a new occurrence, if they have power, and you go to dash in while they are moving they have always been able to, and often do, hit you with their specials.
    Lormif said:

Gardener said:

Lormif said:

Then dont dash in while they have power, and are not in a defense, without intercepting. This is not a new occurrence, if they have power, and you go to dash in while they are moving they have always been able to, and often do, hit you with their specials.
    We're not talking about that, were talking about trying to hit into their block to get openings when they're being defensive. It's imperative when fighting champs like Nova who can get to SP 3 just by dashing forward at you. In trying to do the above, they let go of their block and intercept your own dash with their special.
    Kill_Grey said:

Lormif said:

Gardener said:

Lormif said:

We're not talking about that, were talking about trying to hit into their block to get openings when they're being defensive. It's imperative when fighting champs like Nova who can get to SP 3 just by dashing forward at you. In trying to do the above, they let go of their block and intercept your own dash with their special.
    Maybe the problem is you are mixing terminology. IF youi are dashing in then you are not hitting into thier blocks, that is what you are planning to do,but you are dashing in. If you are repeatedly hitting into their blocks they are not throwing specials like what happened at the end of last year/start of this year anymore. But if you are dashing in while they have a full bar you need to be careful
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    This has been the change in AI for quite sometime. You have to adjust your gameplay and not hit the block while they have a special because you can potentially get blasted in the face, super annoying.