**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sunday Crystal Trove arena

The weekly Sunday arena needs some adjustments made. First off, the first set of fights are ranked either medium or hard (which isn't a big deal right off the bat because they are low ranking teams anyway but they are still more aggressive defensively).

In addition, when I eventually reach the point that I can bring 6 star teams into play, the opposing team match ups are 6 star rank 3 teams and that's usually the point that I lose my win streak and have to start all over again. The refresh time, even for a 5 star champ, is too long for a 24 hour event (if you are trying to maintain a win streak). Admittedly i don't have a lot of five star at rank 5 and no six star at rank 2 so keeping a win streak has proven to be a pretty daunting task or a waiting game. I'm hopeful the developers will read this and provide from feedback. I did submit a support case previously about this (05674933). Also I noticed that when faced with Kang / Thanos 6 star teams, they are listed as 6 star teams at rank 5/65, how is that possible when the resources needed to take a 6 star to that level are not available to the community yet? Maybe that's because the rank and level structure for that tier is not established yet so they are just using the 5 star tier system?

Comments

• jaydubjaydub Posts: 41
    GarrettN said:

The kang/thanos teams don’t have masteries applied so they’re actually easier.

I get that part @GarrettN, that's not my point. My point is that the difficulty level with the addition of 6 star at rank 2 or rank 3 tips the scales and the fights are less evenly balanced.
  • jaydubjaydub Posts: 41

jaydub said:

The weekly Sunday arena needs some adjustments made. First off, the first set of fights are ranked either medium or hard (which isn't a big deal right off the bat because they are low ranking teams anyway but they are still more aggressive defensively).

In addition, when I eventually reach the point that I can bring 6 star teams into play, the opposing team match ups are 6 star rank 3 teams and that's usually the point that I lose my win streak and have to start all over again. The refresh time, even for a 5 star champ, is too long for a 24 hour event (if you are trying to maintain a win streak). Admittedly i don't have a lot of five star at rank 5 and no six star at rank 2 so keeping a win streak has proven to be a pretty daunting task or a waiting game. I'm hopeful the developers will read this and provide from feedback. I did submit a support case previously about this (05674933). Also I noticed that when faced with Kang / Thanos 6 star teams, they are listed as 6 star teams at rank 5/65, how is that possible when the resources needed to take a 6 star to that level are not available to the community yet? Maybe that's because the rank and level structure for that tier is not established yet so they are just using the 5 star tier system?

Kang / thanos teams are place holder teams - without masteries they're about the same PI value as an R2/3 if I remember rightly - you come across them quite often with R1s, its a little rarer in normal 3 day arenas for some reason.

I cant remember if I've seen 6* R5s in quests yet or not, but they are in the game files, think a few people have asked about the presence of R4/5 6*s in arena before and Miike replied - was a few months back last I saw someone mention it.

What rotation are you running? I've noticed its a little different to 3 day rotations so could just be trial and error figuring out what you need to do to avoid some of the death matches. I cant help you much I generally just do 5* R1s until I start to see harder match ups around 9/10 streak, then switch to my 6*s - can try mess about with it next weekend if you @ me - I'm off work and don't care about losing my streaks
    @DoubleDelta thanks for answering:

this is what I've done normally:

Rounds 1-5 are low ranking four stars (until i hit the 3x multiplier)

Rounds 5-8 are five star rank 2 (or a mix of rank 2 and rank 3)

Round 9 is five star rank 5

That's where I get stuck because I have a limited five star rank 5 roster and no six star rank 2. If I use a five star at rank 4 or a six star at rank 1/25, i usually am paired with a near impossible match up, whether it's a normal match up or a Kang / Thanos team with a crazy high rating.

The introduction of 6 star champs into arena makes this pretty difficult, in my opinion.

• @jaydub how many per tier/rank do you have? More specifically how many of these...

5* R3
    5* R4
    6* R1

I already caught the fact you're not packing a lot of 5* R5s. Honestly that Arena is for more developed rosters. Otherwise, you're naturally going to face more resistance at matches 10 - 15 as it's essentially a 1 day 5* Feature Arena. Here's what I do.

1 - 5 - Mixed 5* R3s
    6 - 9 - 1× 5* R4 or 6* R1, 1× 5* R3, 1× 5* R1
    10 - 15 - 1× 5* R5 w/ 2× 5* R4s or 6* R1s

The Kang/Thanos teams are high Pi fights, but generally doable if you can bait out those Special attacks. I would imagine using anything less than a 5* R4 or 6* R1 it could end up being rather troublesome. Although I do bring my 5* R3 Wasp in with my 5* R5 & 6* R1 Ghosts, and she typically cleans up the fight without too much if any trouble. Also, as mentioned above, they lack masteries so no Parry or Dexterity to worry about. Yes, they are 6* R5/65s though.

The key I've found to keeping it manageable is sandbagging your team's Pi during matches 7 - 9 with a 5* R1. Match 6 can be done with 3× 5* R3s. I never utilize my 4* champs on Sunday anymore, but I also have over 100× 5* champs in general, and 18× 6* champs. To crank out the points quickly, it's best to avoid the 4* tier entirely if possible. If not, yeah utilizing them for the 1st 5 matches, and as a means of sandbagging 7 - 9 with 1× 4* R1 - R3 may also work (generally I would recommend not even fighting with them, just take the loss and focus your efforts on the other 2 fights).