**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Immortal Hulk/Abomination animations: Let's talk Kabam

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
Hey Kabam,

Right off the bat, I want to clarify that this thread was created to have a conversation/ provide some constructive criticism about the animations for the upcoming champs, not necessarily to whine or complain.

With that being said, is it just me or do the animations for Immortal Hulk and Immortal Abomination seem sort of clunky and very 2005? I love the way Immortal Hulk displays his savage nature in the way he fights but in comparison to OG Hulk, even his rock throws seem uninspired (not to mention smaller than OG Hulk's SP1).

Is there a reason for this? I thought Immortal Hulk was a brilliant version of Hulk? This one seems more like Savage Hulk.

As for Immortal Abomination, his special #2 and #3 look really alike? Almost like a cross between King Groot and Man-Thing. Is there any way you guys could go back to the drawing boards and make his special #3 a little more unique?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, it's just that the quality doesn't seem to match 2020 style champs. The Hulk has always been one of the most powerful powerhouses in the Marvel universe yet his animations don't convey that. The Thing is a good example of a champ that feels heavy and powerful. We're just hoping you guys can make champs like Hulk, Juggernaut have more momentum behind their attacks.

What about you guys, any thoughts?

Comments

• Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited November 2020

I personally disagree. I LOVE Hulk’s animation. They are very clean with details that you don’t notice right away. It is exactly what I would have expected.

Abom, funny looks aside, is a little disappointing, his animations are a bit boring in my opinion.

That said, they are still good. No personal complaints from me, at least until I come back after the nightmares I will have from seeing his Face.

I think his visual look is great but his hard hits produce a weird purple cloud (which makes no sense since it should be emerald green to indicate gamma radiation). His rock throws seem smaller than Doc Ock's SP2, Sabretooth's SP2 and OG Hulk's SP1. If you're going to use projectiles, why not make them big to convey Hulk's newfound strength.

As for Abomination 2.0, I would redo his special #2 (maybe make it look different than Man-Thing) and give his SP3 a worthy slugfest animation.

Although thee trailer was badass!
    What are some of the changes you guys would like to see get updated prior (or a few weeks after) IM.Hulk's release?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

I personally disagree. I LOVE Hulk’s animation. They are very clean with details that you don’t notice right away. It is exactly what I would have expected.

Abom, funny looks aside, is a little disappointing, his animations are a bit boring in my opinion.

That said, they are still good. No personal complaints from me, at least until I come back after the nightmares I will have from seeing his Face.

I think his visual look is great but his hard hits produce a weird purple cloud (which makes no sense since it should be emerald green to indicate gamma radiation). His rock throws seem smaller than Doc Ock's SP2, Sabretooth's SP2 and OG Hulk's SP1. If you're going to use projectiles, why not make them big to convey Hulk's newfound strength.

As for Abomination 2.0, I would redo his special #2 (maybe make it look different than Man-Thing) and give his SP3 a worthy slugfest animation.

Although thee trailer was badass!
    Again, not a big fan of Abom. How many comics have you read about Immortal Hulk? I’m assuming very few. The purple-green dust is a really nice effect. His sp2 is not even comparable. He has two punches, then two rocks that are more comparable to Ultron’s sp2 projectiles, followed by an awesome should charge. He is kicka## IMO.

What are some of the changes you guys would like to see get updated prior (or a few weeks after) IM.Hulk's release?

Nothing.
    A cool ability would've been if IM.Hulk was able to passively stronger, the more he fought.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    will IM hulk be kinda like NF, he loses health at the start of the fight then when he's gonna die he gets back the health? its kinda like NF, or i'm getting this champ completely wrong.

A cool ability would've been if IM.Hulk was able to passively stronger, the more he fought.

That sentence is janky, no clue what you’re saying. ImHulk’s abilities look amazing, minus the critrate.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Immortal Hulk looks like he hasn't slept for weeks if u go by his animations, Immortal Abomination is fine, I quite like him and I'll grind for the 3 star version in arena, I don't care about animations too much though as long as the champion is good.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I don't know if it was my eyes playing tricks, but I could've sworn Immortal Hulk is bigger when he is attacking the enemy. I really like that.

The only thing I see might be a problem (but not sure until I can actually see real gameplay or test him myself) is that his Rage stacks fall off really quickly. Almost too quickly to be useful.

Honestly, that should be how OG Hulk is. He should've been what Aegon is but with a more savage feel.
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    you guys discussing animations and I just wanted new scenarios...

That sentence is janky, no clue what you’re saying. ImHulk’s abilities look amazing, minus the critrate.
    Sorry, I'm on my way to work and I'm still not 100% awake lol. What I meant was IM Hulk getting stronger the same way that Aegon does, the more hits he lands.

Similar to Saiyans, Hulk becomes stronger the longer he fights since he's able to increase his rage.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Sorry, I'm on my way to work and I'm still not 100% awake lol. What I meant was IM Hulk getting stronger the same way that Aegon does, the more hits he lands.

Similar to Saiyans, Hulk becomes stronger the longer he fights since he's able to increase his rage.
    He has that mechanic, it is just slightly more stressful.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    When both Immortal Aboms are using basic attacks in a mirror match they looks a little like elephant seals...

Just me 👀