**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I feel strong-armed into joining an alliance!!

I have grown my account to a satisfactory point for my personal preference (mid 4K prestige if you care) and want to take a break. I gave fair notice to my alliance and will be welcomed back anytime. My issue is that almost all rewards or incentives are in alliance activities. I am completely shut off from AQ or AW rewards - totally get that. I'm shut off from the 3-day events - totally get that. I get no loyalty or glory. I can't even get the 20 energy from each help request - kind of get that but not completely.

So that leaves me some general questing in act 5 which is 3 energy each tile so that is a small amount of play. Some arena but that is only a short amount of time as I am not a grinder.

There are solo events but people in alliances are able to access these events too. That seems really unfair. I know this is a general discussion but how about some quests or events just for people not in an alliance? I get that the game makers want everyone in an alliance to up their playtime. However I feel like it's all or nothing. You are in an alliance and have access to everything or go solo and get almost completely shut out from game rewards. I just want to take a break from the all-in but don't want to be all-out lol. Am I the only one that feels this way??

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    All I hear is" I want the same stuff as if I was in an alliance without being in an alliance." Go do event quests, act 5, arena. Plenty of stuff for you to do. Taking a break and not playing obvi won't yield the same rewards, and shouldn't.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    The game is a "contest" that revolves around alliance competition. Pushes strategy and teamwork.

If they were to encourage greater rewards for solo play than what would be the point in alliances, other than the AQ or AW, as you mentioned. Seems it would change the basis of the game.

I do understand your issue though. I have felt the need to take a couple breaks, but just dropped to smaller more casual alliances so that I wasn't completely shutting down growth or missing out on to much.
    Maybe adding some sort of co-op mode would be a nice touch with out removing the basis of the game. Something you could do with a handful of random players. Could do it as a solo player or even while in an alliance.
  • MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    I did join a 4 mil ally. All they did was drool over my 5* dupes and then kept asking why I wasn't using them....because I needed them for act 5. I was still carrying the alliance with my r5 4* but it got old very fast and didn't feel like much of a break....
    I did join a 4 mil ally. All they did was drool over my 5* dupes and then kept asking why I wasn't using them....because I needed them for act 5. I was still carrying the alliance with my r5 4* but it got old very fast and didn't feel like much of a break....

Struggled with the exact same thing. Does get hard to find a much smaller alliance that doesn't feel they should depend on you to get them boss kills in AQ and AW and expect you to drop your greatest defense to shut down the competition. Seems when a higher rated player joins a much smaller alliance the members instantly assume "this guys here to kick ass for us and do all the work." The struggle is real
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Not trying to bash on the OP, but I feel like whenever I see a post like this, I interpret it as, "I want to play this game other than the way it is intended." This game revolves around Alliances because that's how they want it. With the majority of the player base having no problem being in an alliance, it is not monetarily beneficial for kabam to change the overarching mechanic of the game and make it easier for people to take a step back.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    I have grown my account to a satisfactory point for my personal preference (mid 4K prestige if you care) and want to take a break. I gave fair notice to my alliance and will be welcomed back anytime. My issue is that almost all rewards or incentives are in alliance activities. I am completely shut off from AQ or AW rewards - totally get that. I'm shut off from the 3-day events - totally get that. I get no loyalty or glory. I can't even get the 20 energy from each help request - kind of get that but not completely.

So that leaves me some general questing in act 5 which is 3 energy each tile so that is a small amount of play. Some arena but that is only a short amount of time as I am not a grinder.

There are solo events but people in alliances are able to access these events too. That seems really unfair. I know this is a general discussion but how about some quests or events just for people not in an alliance? I get that the game makers want everyone in an alliance to up their playtime. However I feel like it's all or nothing. You are in an alliance and have access to everything or go solo and get almost completely shut out from game rewards. I just want to take a break from the all-in but don't want to be all-out lol. Am I the only one that feels this way??

I don't think you are the only one that feels that way, and I say that as someone who was in a grinder alliance at one time. The game is clearly structured now to be a team game. Initially with alliances this was not really the case, but with the introduction of AQ and AW it is easy to see that teamwork is a major focus and important factor now in the game.
    I'll tell you what worked for me though and that was to move to a much smaller alliance (an alliance that only runs 2BGs for war and nothing more than map 3 for AQ). It gives me more freedom to do what I want to do and to play when I want to play. And I still get the stuff I need to grow and succeed in the game, just not as fast as I used to. I'd encourage you to tray that method first. If it works great, if not then you can hope for a change in the game structure. (pretty doubtful though).
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    This game wasn’t designed as a single player game. You have to work with others to get the best rewards
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    This game wasn’t designed as a single player game. You have to work with others to get the best rewards

That is not entirely true. It did exist for three months before alliances went live. But the proliferation of alliance events was what quickly made them important.
  • MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

The main problem here is that it encourages leaching. I am deciding to take a break. Personal preference and I DO NOT expect the same rewards as being in my old alliance. I'm saying that I have access to next to NOTHING now. Can't even get glory - why does valuable currency like loyalty AND glory have to be exclusive to being in an alliance? Too hard to throw some glory milestones into an exclusive solo-player only quest? That would break the game?

Ok so you are asking yourself how this leads to leaching? So now that I am being shut out from basically all the good rewards in the game besides what I get for questing I have 2 real options since I don't want to play as much:

1: quit the game entirely and find a game that caters to solo players. You might say hit the skids and don't care if I stop playing but if too many people stop playing, the game will tank and all your time and/or money spent will leave you frustrated.

2. I join a decent alliance. Pretty easy since I have well over 4K prestige. Since I don't want to play as much I will do the bare minimum and not check in often enough in AQ or war which will leave you frustrated and trying to figure out if you should kick me.

Option 2 sounds pretty bad and is the main concern of alliances. All I'm saying is that if there were any way to have a middle ground it would prob alleviate a lot of frustration all around the game.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I’ve about dropped to map 3 alliance just to spend less time in the game. I know how you feel. I personally like getting new champs and progressing too much to go to map 3. I’ve just accepted the game is how it is