Hardest act 6 boss?

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
IDK, it's been out for a while, and there surpringly hasn't been a poll on this as I've searched. Also, since the nerfs have apparently been completed; the current version we have is the final one.

And please, this poll is mostly directed towards people that have done at least one run through act 6 whether pre- or post-nerf, and have experienced the fights for themselves 🙏🏾

Hardest act 6 boss? 263 votes

6.1.5 Crossbones
6%
Foxhero007RahultripathiZsirhcZWu_Bangerz23BraderSawUsername19273DarkDuelistSgtRandomAdokaroseinbloom39Silver_GooseSalve_maker05Darksniper240groundedmaster20005Marostrange2005whyme_why6 16 votes
6.2.5 Mordo
49%
BashlordHaji_SaabAce_03buffajrCristalmanzuffySpeedbumpMets17MaiicolDiazBpn88855PGUNZ4694SungjnameplasIron_SkywalkerThatGuyYouSaw235black_gokuOnmixkikiFurieuxSgtSlaughter78Broken 130 votes
6.3.5 Mysterio
12%
Disbanded_pensHeadrollerMonk116wegnerkDuffMcGruffAssumedNameGoddessIliasRaichu626VoltolosRockyshockyCiciliatoKill_GreyabqberStevieManWonderMobile_P0tat0spigwenderH3neRyTotalMonster109Maxwell24Katzastrophe_Od1n 33 votes
6.4.5 Hydra Adaptoid
4%
heruheru511CharbelCirnesCondemnedToeSylarKanameyuwThedancingkidshivam1ArsozTRONG94MCOCHazzaDanRose 11 votes
6.2.6 Champion
27%
SatsuiNoHadouCrkwestSpity68abn86VceeDrenlinUncle_Fatty_247CropDusterNojokejaymDragonMCOCKiptonadeCupidTheHeroDeservedSix_strings6Daphboygauravtheslayero4tgDr_Z01dberg_Sham_Qacob 73 votes

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Member Posts: 1,383 ★★★★
    6.2.6 Champion
    Kill_Grey said:

Well, since I can't really create a new one, let's just assume there's an option after 6.2 Champion termed "other"

Could you edit it?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    6.3.5 Mysterio

Kill_Grey said:

****, I mistakenly posted before I finished setting out the poll options 🤦🏾‍♂️

Yea I was about to say...

I thought you’d gone crazy and I was thinking “these are your only options for hardest act 6 boss???”
    I wanted to add Havok, Medusa, infinity man, beardo, sinister, then "other"
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Member Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Mordo actually wasn’t hard at all for me. Granted, I have Void r4 high sig, so maybe that influences my opinion. I think the boss that gave me the most trouble when I got to it was the 6.1.2 Ultron (although I’m sure I can handle it now).
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    6.3.5 Mysterio

Mordo actually wasn’t hard at all for me. Granted, I have Void r4 high sig, so maybe that influences my opinion. I think the boss that gave me the most trouble when I got to it was the 6.1.2 Ultron (although I’m sure I can handle it now).

Same here, actually. My first time clear, I used rank 5 unsynergised Ghost with suicides, and got away with 1/2 revives.

The one that gave me the hardest time was Mysterio, because I only had Stealthy at the time, and Mysterio's animations kept lagging my device excessively. Grandmaster was another pain point, but just because of lag.
  • amal_nairamal_nair Member Posts: 82
    I think the most annoying post act 6 nerf would still be sinister and mordo, but rest assured every boss can be one shot if you have the right counter.
  • abqberabqber Member Posts: 230 ★★
    6.3.5 Mysterio
    Mysterio for me (pre nerf), mainly because of me not having the roster I have now back then. Haven't done it after the changes to him so I can't tell for sure now.
    Overall however, interms of node design and given the layout (the gates), 6.2.5 Mordo no doubt.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    6.2.5 Mordo
    Mysterio or Mordo.
    Mordo probably edges it for me because the quests themselves were pretty vile and I had to do it an extra 4 times.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Would have to give some a run post nerf as the only tough one I've done since is 6.2 champion. Pre nerf would be between 6.2 champion with no retreat and 6.3 mysterio though probably.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    I just did the adaptoid so I'm biased to him right now
  • GardenerGardener Member Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    6.2.6 Champion
    How hard was pre nerfed the champion? like was he harder that nameless thanos?
    6.2.6 Champion

Gardener said:

With no retreat up, by far. A standard clear, he really wasn't that bad once you got used to the fight.
    Was Pre nerf The Champion and Collector like the 2 biggest cash grab fights ever @Worknprogress
    edited November 2020
    Gardener said:

Gardener said:

With no retreat up, by far. A standard clear, he really wasn't that bad once you got used to the fight.
    Was Pre nerf The Champion and Collector like the 2 biggest cash grab fights ever @Worknprogress
    Collector especially at the time of release was much worse imo. Champion took either an incredibly high level of ability and/or some pretty specific counters but solos weren't exactly super rare.

Basically the only two champs that could even possibly solo the Collector originally were OGV and DD classic I think. Neither was near as straightforward as the champion was with someone like Sym Supreme. Once you throw in the no retreat node on Champion he was pretty terrible though.
    HI_guys said:

Would have to give some a run post nerf as the only tough one I've done since is 6.2 champion. Pre nerf would be between 6.2 champion with no retreat and 6.3 mysterio though probably.

Isn't Mysterio insanely easy with Nick or stealthy with just the Skill debuff boost?
    I never found him easy personally. I also didn't use hardly any of the boosts in 6.3 bc I rarely found they were worth using.
  • EtjamaEtjama Member Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    6.2.5 Mordo
    I wish I had a chance at Pre-nerf 6.2.6 Champion, I really do. The nerfed version was a joke of a fight to me. But I can only imagine the people that had to get through that with no retreat. No retreat 6.2.6 Champion was probably the hardest Act 6 boss, Acid Wash Mysterio is close. But after the nerfs, gotta be Mordo for me. That man is a total cash grab and everyone knows it.
    6.2.6 Champion

Gardener said:

Gardener said:

Collector especially at the time of release was much worse imo. Champion took either an incredibly high level of ability and/or some pretty specific counters but solos weren't exactly super rare.

Basically the only two champs that could even possibly solo the Collector originally were OGV and DD classic I think. Neither was near as straightforward as the champion was with someone like Sym Supreme. Once you through in the no retreat node on Champion he was pretty terrible though.
    Im one quest away from the Collector so i just wanted to know which one was harder i hear alot of people saying that they hated every second of both of them
  • HSS75HSS75 Member Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    6.2.5 Mordo
    unless u have quake that fight really hits hard
    6.2.6 Champion

The hardest part about the Champion fight originally was how badly it punished any mistakes due to the attack rating and block penetration. If you didn't absolutely nail everything there was a good chance you were dead.

Oh so it was like you had to play like a God the entire time
    Gardener said:

The hardest part about the Champion fight originally was how badly it punished any mistakes due to the attack rating and block penetration. If you didn't absolutely nail everything there was a good chance you were dead.

Don't know about God but you definitely had to be far more consistent than in any other fight I can recall. That on top of the last 10% being pass/fail so you either beat the fight or started it all over so there was no chipping him down from that point. It's the only fight we've had in the game that actually required any skill as far as I can remember. Basically any other fight you could eventually just chip down. With the champion you either got it completely right or just never got through the end
    6.2.6 Champion

Gardener said:

Don't know about God but you definitely had to be far more consistent than in any other fight I can recall. That on top of the last 10% being pass/fail so you either beat the fight or started it all over so there was no chipping him down from that point. It's the only fight we've had in the game that actually required any skill as far as I can remember. Basically any other fight you could eventually just chip down. With the champion you either got it completely right or just never got through the end
    Did you like the fight because it required skill or hated it.
    Gardener said:

Gardener said:

Did you like the fight because it required skill or hated it.
    It was pretty rough at first. Did my initial clear with R4 5* MS and R1 6* Sym Supreme. After a few passes and learning how to get through the last 10% without just sitting there and tanking blocked hits, I actually really enjoyed it outside the no retreat fight