**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Namor regen nerf revisit

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
So after almost a year since the Namor nerf/rework I still struggle to see why his regen on specials was halved. Both using and fighting against Namor I've never thought "Man this would be insane if I gained double the amount of health from this special", when next match I'm using Black Widow Clairevoyant who's laughing like a crazy woman as all her health comes back with every Blood Curse Special 2...
What was the point?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Its because his regen is easily accessible on specials and that combined with his damage made him too OP for a fairly simple playstyle. On the other hand, with Claire, you have to choose between damage or regen and that too her damage is nowhere near as much as of Namor
  • Options
    shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    namor has way more damage than claire voyant
  • Options
    shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    His regen nerf was ok but they shoudnt have nerfed his outrage build up
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    shield456 said:

namor has way more damage than claire voyant

And how is this relevant to what OP is asking?
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★

Its because his regen is easily accessible on specials and that combined with his damage made him too OP for a fairly simple playstyle. On the other hand, with Claire, you have to choose between damage or regen and that too her damage is nowhere near as much as of Namor

Namor's regen wasn't even good before the nerf. It was a low 6% of health lost so you had to be nearly dead to get close to that much out of it. It was pretty worthless even if you were spamming specials. I still think they messed up their math and didn't want to admit it. No way he was one of the top regen champs. I want to see the data that would lead one to that conclusion.
    Thank you, someone else with some sense. Blade does great damage and has regen on demand, Hyperion has massive damage and can regen a huge amount in the right cycle, BWCV can cycle between huge damage and regen quickly, just to name a few comparable damage to regen champs. Namor's regen is only a percentage of lost health, so you only regen an OK amount when you're near death so it's really not an OP regen. If the devs were solely looking at mitigatin recoil damage as a huge factor then they miscalculated and missed the boat that change.

Either way this only came up because I was doing Cav difficulty and murdering a path with BWCV, coming out of each fight full health, then had to use Namor for an Electro and kept seeing how pitiful his regen on specials were.

The end
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    The regen is fine, but slowing down the ramp up wasn’t. He went from being seen as a heavy hitter to someone whos only purpose is for his sig purely
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Didn’t think it was a needed nerf then, still think it shouldn’t have happened
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    One of the most absurd decisions of Kabam.