**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So we get 30 minutes to complete the shadow base raids? Maybe not!!

I know most of you will say, "yes we get 30 mins, what a dumb question"

Maybe that's true but I found out the hard way today that's not always true.
I made the mistake of not checking the time before starting a base raids quest today, it was actually 12:57 pm EST when I started the quest, so because of the 1 pm EST reset or change over, it only gave me 3 minutes to clear a quest that we are supposed to get 30 minutes to clear.
Needless to say I only got in 2 fights, had I quit the event I would have still lost the entry gauntlet.

I did turn in a help ticket, but after a few emails back and forth I was told, we see u started your quest at 12:57 pm EST and that your quest was ended at 1pm EST because of the reset so because this is a timed event, the event is working properly, so NO WE WILL NOT BE REFUNDING YOUR ENTRY GAUNTLET.
So be aware of what time you start your shadow base raids quest.

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    That is not how it works. It has a timer.
  • Options
    I did one of last month's this way to see what happens. Same as prior comment from Gluteus.

One of the side quests that had a daily reset last month, went in before the reset, let the reset time kick me out, but then back at MAIN FIGHT screen it showed I was still actively in the quest, so I did CONTINUE and was still able to finish it.

Which I think is new, compared to how they used to be months/years ago. Maybe because an active Quest now has it's own CONTINUE (separate) PANEL (started with the recent Layout Redesign) not just the normal Quest panel as if you were not in any active quests. Because of the separate panel it might be letting you continue the quest even though the reset time has kicked you out.

Oh, and these side quests have ALWAYS been different from Daily Class/Basic Quests, where you could always stay in them for around 8 (?) hours after their overnight reset time. ie, out of energy, close game, go to sleep, come back next morning and finish it up, even though starting any new quests are now onto the next Class.
  • Options
    RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319

RO53TT1 said:

Oh and I also pointed out that any quest I've ever ran when the 1pm EST reset/changeover happens it does let u finish the quest, like the daily proving grounds basic catalyst quest.

I also pointed out that in the announcements about the shadow base raids event it says we get 30 minutes to complete, but it does not say we get 30 mins UNLESS YOU START IT TO CLOSE TO THE 1PM EST RESET/CHANGEOVER.

fun fact: i just played through the time change. when the time changed over it alerted me and kicked me out BUT JUST AS IT DOES EVERY SIDE QUEST I went back, saw my champs were still in the quest, finished the quest, collected rewards, and fired up the renewed quest for another go.

Lesson: make them kick you out. Only happens in AQ and AW. Also works for daily quests.

I did try to go back in and then I started another quest in the uncollected monthly event quest and it didn't say u are already in a quest, would u like to finish or quit, fun fact it didn't give me that option. It kicked me after 3 mins, lose ur entry gauntlet, do not pass go, do not collect any gamma
  • Options
    crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    RO53TT1 said:

Here's the email they sent me back saying we see u started ur quest 3 mins before the reset and it expired after 3 mins, so this is working as intended, YEP THEY SAID IT'S WORKING AS INTENDED.

Yeah it's working as intended?you can't continue the side quest after it's over bruh
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not to upset about the gamma, although come end of the month if I fall a few thousand gamma short of something, it might sting a bit more then.

I just didn't realize that this quest would be dif from almost every other quest they've ever done, that I can recall.

My main goal in this was trying to inform other summoners of this little glitch in this month's side quest, so they watch the time when they start a quest, prob will only happen to anyone 1 time, but if ur busy or in a hurry, not paying attention this could happen a few times before someone fifth it out, so just wanted to say BE AWARE.
  • Options

RO53TT1 said:

Here's the email they sent me back saying we see u started ur quest 3 mins before the reset and it expired after 3 mins, so this is working as intended, YEP THEY SAID IT'S WORKING AS INTENDED.

Yeah it's working as intended?you can't continue the side quest after it's over bruh
    I think u missed the overall point of this post, not trying to rude or anything. The point of the whole post is the fact that it gave me a 3 minute timer from the start of the quest, instead of 30 mins, had it been a 30 minute timer it there would be no need for the post.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    1) I can just agree to the opener, experienced the same myself (half a year ago, when the same type of Event was up - Squirrel Girl month). I started the Side Event slightly before the daily reset and it gave me just X min instead 30 min ... so it kicked me out/just ended. Champs were free and no way to get back ... so I kinda learned it the hard way.

2) But ... of course that‘s working as intended. You should just be careful and take a look at the timer before you start. One fail is no real problem as it wasn‘t for me back then.