**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gwenpool's defensive ability reduction on antman's glance

UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Was questing in 5.3, sig 200 antman, my gp was at a 50+ combo. That's already past 100% defensive ability reduced. Can someone explain why he was still glancing? Cuz as far as I know, his sig ability is a defensive one. I just need an explanation and to see if this is possibly a bug or something.

Comments

• SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Good luck. They still haven't explained the widow vs. antman conundrum.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    So far it seems antman's glance overpowers any ability reduction ability
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Shhh! Leave Ant-Man alone. Some of us like his Sig the way it is! Nice defense against final bosses, power burns, bleeds, SP3s... It doesn't compare with Ice Armour, but let the poor guy keep his defense reliable. You can still parry/stun him to shut it down if you want to.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    Haha yeah as @Magrailothos said.... Leave that ant alone, he already is trash...the one thing good about him is his signature ability, if such easy counter to that is found...he would be bigger trash than spidergwen
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    Antman glace is always 100% reduction in ability accuracy if it glances the hit meaning no one can bypass the glance by ability accuracy champs ie gwenpool dup bw crossbones they will all have 0% chance to reduce ability accuracy since the glace reduces there's by 100%
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    TheMask wrote: »
    Haha yeah as @Magrailothos said.... Leave that ant alone, he already is trash...the one thing good about him is his signature ability, if such easy counter to that is found...he would be bigger trash than spidergwen

Not True! Ant Mans poison in the deadliest in the game. A 4/40 ticking away 10 poison per tick (thats 20 per second! ) after his L2.
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    edited September 2017
    Damn, that comment is going to look stupid with the emojis (-_-)... Cmon Kabam. Still no emojis in forum? Really? Your game is v15.0 and your forums are from 1967.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Lmao I went to sleep and woke up to this.
    The reasoning behind it is still extremely stupid, antman's sig is clearly defensive, but whatever right? Ah kabamo
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Ant-man counters offensive ability, meaning that Gwenpool's ability will not work on him.
    The two abilities cancel each other, so the team decided to make ant-man tto have the advantage
    Ok, just find that stuff extremely annoying, but that explains it I guess, so whatever. Ty for the answers folks.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    So far it seems antman's glance overpowers any ability reduction ability

Yeah, Falcon doesn't even bypass it when locked on. He is so worthless. I don't understand how Antman is supposed to be able to counter that when the description says otherwise.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Kabam has never explained whether a offensive ability reduction trumps a defensive ability that reduces offensive abilities or vice versa
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Kabam has never explained whether a offensive ability reduction trumps a defensive ability that reduces offensive abilities or vice versa

Agreed, well from what I've seen lol. AA wouldn't be able to get his parry shut off with defense ability reducers(like crossbones, bw, gp, etc) I believe.
  • TorTinxDTorTinxD Posts: 22
    Against the ant man only the archangel works

For the archangel's precision of ability can not be reduced by opponents
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    TorTinxD wrote: »
    Against the ant man only the archangel works

For the archangel's precision of ability can not be reduced by opponents

He doesn't work too since his abilitt is bug from the start
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Antman's sig *somehow* bypasses all ability accuracy reduction. That's how it worked and when pointed out by us (that glancing still kicked in against a pre 12.0 BW), they decided to keep it that way. Miike did give an "explanation" for it in the old forum, but that can also be considered as a story he made up to explain the fact
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Antman's sig *somehow* bypasses all ability accuracy reduction. That's how it worked and when pointed out by us (that glancing still kicked in against a pre 12.0 BW), they decided to keep it that way. Miike did give an "explanation" for it in the old forum, but that can also be considered as a story he made up to explain the fact

Lmao, I wish kabam wasn't scared and would let us see the old posts from back then through here in its own section.
  • ZabirZabir Posts: 76
    Because he is antman, you can't do anything. He also have power to always come up to your 5* featured crystal
    Zabir wrote: »
    Because he is antman, you can't do anything. He also have power to always come up to your 5* featured crystal

His ants rework what's supposed to happen in your crystal and boom he isn't lonely anymore once you pop him open.