Black Friday deals.

KnightZeroKnightZero Member Posts: 1,437 ★★★★★
I am currently Cav who can go to Thronebreaker but not too excited about ranking up the champ I can take up. So I was planning on waiting to see what the unit deals were between the different progression points.
Does anyone know if I will be locked into Cav deals if I become Thronebreaker after Black Friday deals come out? Or will I be able to access the Thronebreaker deals?

Comments

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Member Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    you have been able to before but i heard its a bug and that you arent supposed to be able to do that so they might change it and lock you
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Member Posts: 760 ★★★
    Miike has already aid that there is no guarantee you can double dip and get both.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Member Posts: 1,437 ★★★★★
    Osfan8 said:

Miike has already aid that there is no guarantee you can double dip and get both.

Where was this said?
    Can we have a confirmation @Kabam Miike ?
    Would help a lot of players to make rank up decisions then.
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Member Posts: 78
    I had similar question last CM while on the cusp of Cavalier. IIRC there were many people who don't know anything but insisted it wouldn't be possible and of course were wrong. Kabam Miike did end up posting that it would be possible but there were no guarantees it would be in the future. Didn't pay attention but I think people were able to do it this past July 4. So I'm guessing Miike CYA'd but it's likely you will be able to get both this CM. However, if you'd be upset at being locked out of TB deals then obviously just become TB now. How lucky do you feel?
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Member Posts: 459 ★★★
    Kabam Miike as everyone has said, already mentioned it's not intentional and in future may not continue to be possible.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

Can we have a confirmation @Kabam Miike ?
    Would help a lot of players to make rank up decisions then.

Kabam isn't going to confirm this one way or the other. This seems to be something that is unintentional, but also something no one is spending a lot of time to correct. But they don't want to promise players one way or the other, because it is in fact not intentional behavior.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★

Miike said around the July 4th sales that it was not intentional, and they were looking to fix it in the future, however, they did not have a way to fix it at that moment in time. He did say that they cannot guarantee that it'll always be the case that you can buy both deals.

To be fair - doing so essentially means you could benefit largely over players who aren't given the option to buy the lower deals, but as DNA said, it doesn't seem to be a bug they're rushing to fix as they can profit, and although unbalanced, its far from the highest priority.

They won't confirm ahead of time, just incase things change - and they can't be seen promoting an exploit they are profiting off of. Nor do they confirm anything about the sales - Thronebreaker is likely to get offers, but its not been confirmed. They could just go here, thronebreakers get an extra 3K unit deal cavaliers don't receive. (Unlikely, but they could).

Its a hard call, rank someone for deals which, may, or may not exist - or dont rank and risk being locked out of the same deals.
    Personally, at the moment in time even though I've got 2x T5B and 10k 6* shards from dailies - I wouldn't say the benefits are there just yet, as great as the free stuff is, and the calendar, it only gives you 5% T5CC back currently. Look at daily / 4 hour crystals as bonuses, since most the time it'll be T4CC frags or T4B frags

I tried finding the comment in miikes comment history but didn't see it. I do remember reading it though.
    edited November 2020

Its a hard call, rank someone for deals which, may, or may not exist - or dont rank and risk being locked out of the same deals.
    Personally, at the moment in time even though I've got 2x T5B and 10k 6* shards from dailies - I wouldn't say the benefits are there just yet, as great as the free stuff is, and the calendar, it only gives you 5% T5CC back currently. Look at daily / 4 hour crystals as bonuses, since most the time it'll be T4CC frags or T4B frags

I'm not worried much about dailies. Its the unit offers that I care about. First time I've ever farmed 15k units, so don't want it to be a waste if I can get the potential Thronebreaker deals.

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Kabam will let you double dip cause they'll get paid twice. If you happen to be able to qualify for one, pay the prices, upgrade to the next and pay again, it's a win win.