**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Becoming a Thronebreaker!

Originally, I was supposed to do my first Abyss run this Friday after purchasing my first ever Odin's on Cyber Weekend. I had 2k units saved up along with 12 lvl 1 revives, 16 lvl 2 revives, 10 lvl3 revives and 6 team revives. In an impulsive decision, I thought "Heck I'll try the Abyss, see how far I get. If I need more units for revives, I can get them Friday morning." To my surprise, I was able to complete my Abyss path with my saved up resources!

For reference, my team consisted of:

5/65 Aegon
5/65 Human Torch
2/35 Nick Fury
5/65 Doctor Doom
4/55 OG Captain Marvel

I wasn't sure of my last champion slot. I was considering Heimdall or Captain Marvel Movie, but to my surprise OG Captain Marvel was the better choice. She synergized with Aegon to provide +25% more fury potency, and with Nick Fury to provide +20% fury buff duration. I kept Nick Fury alive for the entire run, and KO'd OG Captain Marvel for the Doom +10% attack.

I have to say, my favorite fight in the Abyss was Cyclops. Having to dex and parry the energy beams was extremely satisfying (it was reminiscent of the Grandmaster fight in having to be aware of what's happening in the fight so you don't mess up). The collector surprisingly went down relatively easy. I got in a few good attempts, and eventually chipped him down.

Overall, I spent 2k units along with my 12 lvl 1 revives, 16 lvl 2 revives and 1 team revive. Going through my first run of the Abyss was satisfying and extremely fun, and quite rewarding.

I pulled a 6 star Dormammu and Diablo (both of which are decent), a cosmic t5cc and a cosmic 6 star awakening gem. I took my 6 star Angela to rank 3 (not the best but not bad either, suicide friendly) and will soon be forming another cosmic t5cc, so the rank-up wasn't as painful. As such, I have finally achieved the title of Thronebreaker!

Overall, the Abyss was a great deal of fun, and it feels good getting Thronebreaker before the Cyber Weekend offers drop. I'm excited to see what's in store this Friday, and to purchase my first ever Odin's. :) Just wanted to share my recent accomplishment! Thank you for reading, and good luck in the Contest! May the RNG be in your favor this Cyber Weekend. ;)

Comments