Champion Spotlight - Spider-Ham
Peter Porker picked a profession of punishing punks. How so, you ask? Well, Peter was once an everyday spider who (in a horrible accident involving a scientist and an atomic hair dryer) was bit by a radioactive pig! Peter was transformed, retaining all of his spider powers but taking on the form of an anthropomorphic Pig. With these new powers, he adopted the surname of the scientist who bit him, May Porker, and became Spider-Ham! Now he’s set out to send the bad guys of The Battlerealm crying all the way home.
Spider-Ham places his Patent Pending Porker Poppers on the Opponent when he strikes them with Medium Attacks. These Porker Poppers are improved versions of Power Sting, and deal additional damage to the Opponent when they use a Special Attack. On top of that, he builds Spider-Nonsense over time as long as the Opponent has at least 1 Bar of Power, and the higher his Nonsense is, the higher chance he has to re-apply new Porker Poppers whenever they’re triggered. Taunt and bait the Opponent’s Specials at the right time to deal huge bursts of damage and give them a real dose of slapstick!
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||32995||3401||13660|
Character Class: Science
Basic Abilities: Spider-Nonsense, Porker Poppers, Spider-Sense, Taunt
- Champions who launch repeated Special Attacks in quick succession
- Champions like Sasquatch and Doctor Doom are able to activate lots of Special Attacks back-to-back. Spider-Ham punishes these champions by applying fresh Porker Poppers each time they activate another Special, dealing a lot of damage.
- Power Gain Champions
- Spider-Ham’s abilities are significantly improved while he has a high level of Spider-Nonsense. Nonsense increases faster for each Bar of Power the Opponent has, so against Champions who gain additional power, he’s able to spend more of the fight at high levels of Spider-Nonsense
- Champions with powerful Basic Attacks
- Spider-Ham is great at punishing Special Attacks, with his Porker Poppers and Spider-Nonsense. However, if a Champion is able to get through a fight simply using powerful basic attacks, then they can avoid a lot of Spider-Ham’s threats
- True Accuracy, and other anti-Evade effects
- Spider-Ham uses Evade both on Attack and Defense, so he struggles against Opponents who are able to ignore or disable Evade.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- +286.36 Physical Resistance
- Spider-Ham’s cartoonish nature increases the more danger he is in. Spider-Nonsense starts at 0 and increases over time as long as the Opponent has at least 1 Bar of Power, increasing faster for each additional Bar of Power they have.
- Every stack of Spider-Nonsense reduces Degeneration effect potency by 15%, and Passively reduces damage taken during the Opponent’s Special Attacks by 5%.
- While Spider-Nonsense is at 6 or more, Spider-Ham has a 35% chance to Evade. This Evade will not trigger while Blocking.
- While Spider-Nonsense is at 10, Spider-Ham will not gain any for 6.50 second(s), after which it resets back to 0. Spider-Nonsense resets to 3 against Mystic Champions.
When playing against Spider-Ham, you also need to keep track of his Nonsense, because once it hits 6, he has a very solid chance to Evade.
- Remove 2 Spider-Nonsense.
- 50% chance to place a Porker Popper on the Opponent for 9 second(s), dealing 1584 Direct Damage when they activate a Special Attack.
- The chance is increased by 25% flat if the Opponent is Stunned or Spider-Ham is Unblockable.
Dash Back and Hold Block
- Activate Spider-Sense, granting 100% chance to Evade. This Evade will trigger even while Blocking.
- When this Evade triggers, Spider-Sense goes on cooldown for 12 second(s).
- Whenever Spider-Ham Evades, he becomes Unblockable for 1.20 second(s) and Taunts the Opponent for 7 second(s).
- Opponents that are Taunted have their Attack reduced by 40% and have a 70% higher chance to activate a Special Attack.
- Any Power Sting Debuff on the Opponent is automatically upgraded into a Patent Pending Peter Porker Power Popper Debuff. Porker Poppers are still treated as Power Stings for all other abilities.
- Whenever a Porker Popper is triggered, there is a 8.50% chance per Spider-Nonsense for it to be replaced by 1 new Porker Popper(s), each lasting 9 second(s) and dealing 1584 Damage.
- Porker Poppers deal a burst of up to 1980 additional Passive Direct Damage when they trigger, scaling with how much Power the Opponent had.
- The additional damage is increased by 60% for each Bar of Power the Opponent had when they were triggered.
| Special 1 - The Set-Up
| Special 2 - The Punchline
| Special 3 - That’s All, Folks!
Then, push the Opponent to at least 2 Bars of Power, get Ham’s Nonsense to 10, and use this attack to apply 15-25 Porker Poppers. If the Opponent then uses a Special Attack while those Poppers are active, they’ll take a huge burst of additional damage for how high their Power was, and they’ll get 12-21 new Porker Poppers because of how high Nonsense was.
You can then get Ham back up to an SP1 and Pause these new Poppers for another big burst of damage.
| Signature Ability - Hamming It Up
On defense, this signature ability is very threatening, since he gains the ability to apply Porker Poppers to the Opponent whenever he is struck while he’s Stunned.
2 Days? Try 30 Years! - Unique - 3-star and up - With Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
- Spider-Ham: Spider-Nonsense resets to +3 more than it would normally.
- Spider-Man (Miles Morales): Venom Blast can trigger Fatigue, Stun, and/or Power Drain, regardless of the Opponent’s Class. Triggering any Venom Blast Debuff grants a Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 20% of Base Attack for 6 second(s).
Saturday Morning Cartoons - Unique - 4-star and up - With Mojo
- Spider-Ham: Whenever an Opponent's Special Attack triggers at least 10 Porker Poppers, the Special Attack Damage Reduction from Spider-Nonsense is 100% stronger for that Special Attack.
Developer’s Note: Each point of Nonsense provides Spider-Ham with 5% damage reduction against Special Attacks. With this synergy, that reduction is doubled. So if the Opponent launches a Special Attack while they have 10 Poppers, and Ham has 10 Nonsense, then the Special Attack won’t deal any damage.
- Mojo: Whenever one of the Opponent’s Buff’s expires or is Nullified, pause the Anti-Life field for 1 second(s).
Swinester Six’s Most Wanted - Unique - 4-star and up - With Spider-Gwen
- Spider-Ham: When fighting #Sinister Six or #Symbiote Champions, the damage from Porker Popper Debuffs, and their additional burst of damage, is increased by +50%.
- Spider-Gwen: When fighting #Sinister Six or #Symbiote Champions, Spider-Gwen begins the fight with Trap-Spider and Hunter-Spider active.
Fourth Wall Crawler - Unique - 3-star and up - With Gwenpool, Goldpool, Platinumpool, Squirrel Girl
- Spider-Ham: Porker Popper duration is increased by 20%.
- Gwenpool: Gain Vigilance while the Opponent is Bleeding, making attacks unable to Miss.
- Goldpool, Platinumpool: Gain an indefinite Fury Buff whenever a Debuff expires on the Opponent, increasing Attack Rating by +10%, stacking up to 10 times.
- Squirrel Girl: Well-Timed Blocks have 30% Perfect Block chance, and inflict Tippy's Medium Attack Bleed.
Teammates - 2-star and up - With Spider-Man, Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)
Synergy Champions: +10% Health Rating.
All Champions gain +3/4/5% Perfect Block Chance.
- Spider-Ham is easily able to apply lots of Debuffs to his Opponent, mostly though Porker Poppers and Taunt. Thanks to the Despair mastery, he can therefore also easily reduce his Opponent’s Regeneration Rate down to 0%, causing their healing abilities to do nothing.
- Both the baseline damage of Porker Poppers, and their bonus damage based on the Opponent’s power, scale up with Spider-Ham’s attack. So he gets additional benefit from raising his base Attack Rating through the Strength masteries.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on