**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

1353637383941»

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I love how so many people love to take shots at those that blitz new content as soon as it comes out and then get frustrated bc they're bored. Just take your time, no need to rush through content like that, it's your own fault is what I see all the time.

Now that there's a new title everyone that sits on content, which is a whole lot of those same people, is scrambling trying to rush to get a R3.

I agree, a lot of people were crying because they stayed Cavalier and didn't do their rank up. I told people they should just rank 3 whoever they had so they can get access to better rewards but everyone thought Kabam would be fair and give great unit deals for Cavalier and free to play? Shocker that they didn't lol.

My only fear is that the unit deals are too good. I went up in prestige almost 1,000 points and I had 2 people in my alliance go up 1400. I still want end game content to matter. That's my only issue.
    The unit caches for both Cav and TB were actually pretty terrible this year. The f2p grinders that save for those really did get screwed this time around imo. Cash offers were a whole different story.

Content is always going to matter more at the beginning of a cycle. Eventually offers show up, more high end resource trickles into things like AQ and side events, etc... The largest benefit people will always see from content is right after its release usually. Typically the longer people wait to do it, the less impact the rewards at the end have. It's always going to matter but it matters less as time goes on.
  • Options

I love how so many people love to take shots at those that blitz new content as soon as it comes out and then get frustrated bc they're bored. Just take your time, no need to rush through content like that, it's your own fault is what I see all the time.

Now that there's a new title everyone that sits on content, which is a whole lot of those same people, is scrambling trying to rush to get a R3.

Also, I'm completely done with everything in the game now so for a week I'll see how you end gamers feel haha.
    It's been since March for me with the exception of V5 (which lasted all of one evening). I'm quite looking forward for some new stuff to dive into next month.

Congrats on getting it all done though.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Also, I'm completely done with everything in the game now so for a week I'll see how you end gamers feel haha.
    It's been since March for me with the exception of V5 (which lasted all of one evening). I'm quite looking forward for some new stuff to dive into next month.

We've already seen Act 7, so I'm interested in seeing what's different, if anything.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Thanks bro, this is my first time having everything done since LOL came out like 4 years ago. I'm really happy. I actually pulled surfer and dupped my Thing this weekend. So I'm done with the prestige game too. I can sit back and just enjoy the new content as well.
  • Options

I agree, a lot of people were crying because they stayed Cavalier and didn't do their rank up. I told people they should just rank 3 whoever they had so they can get access to better rewards but everyone thought Kabam would be fair and give great unit deals for Cavalier and free to play? Shocker that they didn't lol.

My only fear is that the unit deals are too good. I went up in prestige almost 1,000 points and I had 2 people in my alliance go up 1400. I still want end game content to matter. That's my only issue.
    The unit caches for both Cav and TB were actually pretty terrible this year. The f2p grinders that save for those really did get screwed this time around imo. Cash offers were a whole different story.

Content is always going to matter more at the beginning of a cycle. Eventually offers show up, more high end resource trickles into things like AQ and side events, etc... The largest benefit people will always see from content is right after its release usually. Typically the longer people wait to do it, the less impact the rewards at the end have. It's always going to matter but it matters less as time goes on.
    Yeah you're right, the first r3 6 star was available over a year ago now so cash offers at this rate actually makes sense. I take that back, it is actually time for much more shards and access to t5cc. I have to understand that for the average player my account probably looks crazy with 5 r3 6 star champions now.

Question though, I checked a lot of the top 20 alliance guys and their prestige didn't go anywhere near as much as us top 45 guys. Are the big whales waiting for featured 6 star crystals? Just curious.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

zaspacer said:

Game balance has nothing to do with allowing F2P to catch up to, or go head-to-head with, spenders. There is no F2P vs. P2P. You just can't keep up with them. Nor is there a race to compete with the people already at Thronebreaker. Anyone who is well into the Title and never even batted an eyelash when it came out is not competing with people struggling to get their first R3. I think people are overestimating their position.
    Game balance changes as the situation changes. It's not even a specific number tally so much as it is keeping an overall pace for growth. Even the whaliest of whales can't change the fact that there are limits on how much you can buy. The idea that game balance is a myth is just petulant.

"Competitive advantage is good. But, you can go overboard with it and have an unbalanced game. Which is, if it's too clearly pay-to-win, people will stop playing."
    source: Torulf Jernström, "Let’s go whaling"

Part of what makes MCOC work is the integration of the playerbase with each other. It's not just a shared game experience, or even just a shared game space. Players are made to feel like they are competing directly with each other. And that specifically a combination of the "competitive factors" of spending, grinding, luck, and skill combine to matter in the outcomes of that competition.

Players have learned, can understand, can appreciate, and can handle that huge differences between two players in their spending, grinding, luck, and skill will mean different outcomes for those two players. But these same players have a very, very hard time with a circumstance where only a very slight difference in "competitive factors", can lead to a massive difference in competitive outcome.

Players are not angry they can't chase those who outperform them as Whales, Pros, Super Grinders, or Serial Luckers... in those distinct pillars of the game that favor those factors. But players can't stand, they can't handle, they can't deal with any surprise, universal, major progression gate that re-routes the whole game through a very small number of competitive factor or factors.

Players can't handle a gate (especially a new surprise gate) to determine which of the people just like them can progress, and which can't... if they are the losers in that outcome (or if they have empathy, or if their wellbeing depends on the wellbeing of some number of the losers). Whether that progression gate is a Good 6-Star + T5CC match, or it's a major Unit vs. Cash deals disparity of a major yearly sale day, or a major TB vs. Cav deals disparity of a major yearly sale day, or a major July 4th Cav vs. Cyber Weekend Cav deals disparity of a major yearly sale day. And especially if you stack these things on top of each other, or the availability of a gate key becoming scarce in the game and impacting players without it.

Even if you don't understand the above, or can't conceptualize it, or can't reconcile it with reality, or disagree with it, or just don't like it; look at the sizeable player response and how it conforms to the above behavioral model. And decide what the pattern of player behavior merits in terms of the importance of understanding it and addressing it.

Duck Unlimited only works if you have both Duck and Hunters. If you drive off either, it fails.
    That was actually a great presentation by Jernström into the behavioral economics of gaming, but you're actually looking at the wrong gaming archetype. This game sells faster progress (better than any other game I've seen, might I add), not the ability to compete. If there were a competition in the game where the biggest account wins, then I would agree that it is pay to win. With the exception of AW (I dont play master wars, but I imagine most people need to spend or play Brian Grant amount of times in this game in order to compete there), this doesn't really hold up.

Lastly, I would like to modify your statement on gates. Peoplr absolutely can handle an arbitrary gate. People handled the Cavalier gate just fine. The only issue with the current gate is that it is retroactive to existing content, thereby creating the perception of being wronged. I happen to disagree and think the gate is less of an issue than people here are saying.

If you were to ask me, the real issue is that a certain class of the cavalier base got used to certain "treatment", and that treatment got worse because they're no longer the preferential group. But to say the cavalier players are upset about disparity in deals is disingenuous because they had no problem with the disparity when they were getting the best deals.
    Great explanations
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Ngl I was extremely disappointed, but then I got bwdo, warlock, and 6* sorcerer supreme, so now I don't hate em as much
  • Options

Yeah you're right, the first r3 6 star was available over a year ago now so cash offers at this rate actually makes sense. I take that back, it is actually time for much more shards and access to t5cc. I have to understand that for the average player my account probably looks crazy with 5 r3 6 star champions now.

Question though, I checked a lot of the top 20 alliance guys and their prestige didn't go anywhere near as much as us top 45 guys. Are the big whales waiting for featured 6 star crystals? Just curious.
    Much harder to make big gains once you already have those 5 R3s. At that point it's just sig stone allocation or the off chance of getting a new high prestige R3 and actually having the stones to put in them. I think I jumped like 100pts maybe this weekend
  • Options
    DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    I gave it one more shot and bought a deal to try to find a 6 star r3 worthy. Two days ago it was green goblin dupe and today it was Joe Fixit. Just sent Kabam support a ticket to close my account. I would rather quit than watch everyone get better rewards than me because they have basically better RNG. I had fun in this game and AW was fun back in the day but I never had luck and maybe I did not buy enough crystals to help me get the right 6 star to R3. Good luck to the cavalier class of players!
  • Options

Much harder to make big gains once you already have those 5 R3s. At that point it's just sig stone allocation or the off chance of getting a new high prestige R3 and actually having the stones to put in them. I think I jumped like 100pts maybe this weekend
    Oh I see its basically sig stones or bust. Gotcha.
  • Options
    DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★

annihilus said:

So one response from Kabam after three days other than Miike's cut/paste? This is the biggest revenue weekend of the year and there is no way Kabam higher-ups were OFF during this time period regardless of how many mods were manning the forums. They have to know how many people are bummed out by the shafting they got this weekend...you'd think they'd want to, you know, come out and say something to keep those customers.

ANYTHING.

Totally agree. It’s very strange there’s radio silence on this for so long. The mcoc YouTube folks are talking about it now too. They’ve got to say something more than the generic post from @Kabam Miike
    Youtubers do not represent the masses. These guys get a lot of special attention and special treatment from Kabam. They are salesman for their own channels and pump up offers for Kabam. As players leave the game they lose views and thumbs up. Not sure Lagacy or KT1 or any of these guys are losing sleep over Cav offers.
This discussion has been closed.