**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ranking up 3*'s in todays game

unknownunknown Posts: 378
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Is it even worth it to rank up 3*'s anymore if you don't play arena? I personally have many 3*'s that I don't have as 4*'s that would be great for synergy's with my 4*'s. IE, some 3*'s I have are Dorm, Dr VD, Magik, GR, GP, NC, Thor, Hyperion, Guilly, X23, Vision, AA, CB, etc. Have none of these in 4*. Many of these are duped and some maxed out sigs. My thoughts are if any of these 3*'s worthy in any event other than special missions and arena? If not, should I just not rank them anymore? Thanks for your input.

Comments

• FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    No there's no point.
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    edited September 2017
    Ask gencerm if theirs no point. I collect champs so if you have the resources rank up any and all the champs you get even 2*s.They're useful for completion events to make heroic fun and for practice..Try this. Take 4 strong 2*s into heroic with one of your reliable 4/5*s. That way you get practice fighting champs they're much stronger than you.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Bmf420 wrote: »
    Ask gencerm if theirs no point. I collect champs so if you have the resources rank up any and all the champs you get even 2*s.They're useful for completion events to make heroic fun and for practice..Try this. Take 4 strong 2*s into heroic with one of your reliable 4/5*s. That way you get practice fighting champs they're much stronger than you.
    I'm not wasting my time on a 2 or 3* Wolverine when I have a 4*....But hey to each their own
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    What else are you going to use t1/2bs on? Sell em for gold and frags? Thats kinda pointless because gold is nearly impossible to run out of and t3s handed out constantly. Your total pi maters not as much as prestige but it matters. Plus i like to challenge myself and learn the ins and outs of every champs abilities. In my opinion 2/3*s are invaluable for that purpose alone. For example i grinded for medusa 3* so when i do get her as a 4/5* i won't need to figure her out. Plus using gems and arena boosts on them helps the team in item use..keep em rank em use em have fun.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Solo events, also when they give out things based on overall PI like they did previously don't start whinging that your not in the top bracket.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    You'll get to a point where cats and ISO for these are expiring constantly, so yeah, you'll rank them. Get some units in leveling events, etc.
    Max out sig for crystals for more shards. Not that complicated.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Thanks all. Gives me something to think about.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I slowly rank them because I want all champs maxed out in rank and sig ability lol
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Nope, not ranking 3s anymore and if I have ISO expiring I prefer to sell it and get some gold. I rank them only if I need some more points for rank up events.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    I still rank 3-stars to increase my profile rating. Also the materials are easy to farm
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I have every currently available 1, 2, and 3* except like OG Deadpool and Vision, and some of the one time offer 2* champs all maxed out. I make sure to grab each new 3* from arena as they come out and max them as soon as an appropriate level up or advancement event comes around. I've got 79 4* and 16 5* too, the lower stars take no effort or meaningful cost to max.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Good for the 25 units for level up event.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    Rank up everything, that's what I do.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I rank 3*s only to reach final milestone in class advancement if I’m just short