**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No-Dupe Champ Crystal

TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
A basic 5* crystal that only pulls champs you don't have.

Considering custom champ pools are being worked on, this should be possible. Eventually. Maybe. After this many years the code has gotta be deep-fried spaghetti. There's also no reason for Kabam to be nice unless the weight of soul-crushed champ chasers quitting on the 4th Groot in a row is high enough.

Still, is this something you'd want?

No-Dupe Champ Crystal 32 votes

Yes, I'd want it.
68%
Hammerbro_64p01arisIamTryingMyBestTheHoodedDormammuReverend_RuckusWRIRDjinMeebletonMarvzelius_coloSarvanga1_DarkDuelistRenaxqqTheExit27TrashyPandaSaltE_Wenis69AmnetiesIryseskinnybruh879RaviDavi 22 votes
No, I'd pass.
25%
Jim0172KoiBoy18RockyshockyCrcrcrcYodabolt21[Deleted User]RubbixIllusion0410 8 votes
I am Groot! (Please elaborate)
6%
Ben_15455ImGodMF 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Yes, I'd want it.
    Ofc many players would want it but it would not be profitable for Kabam, because then RNG won't work in their favor anymore. If you get a bunch of bad pulls then you will be more tempted to buy the one with less trash than the basic.
    And F2P will be even more tempted to because of less shards and less tries for good champs.

Not even a discussion, unless you've got plenty 5* and want dupes for more sig levels and shards (and ISO, but mainly ISO from 4* anyway)
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    Yes, I'd want it.

I need iso more at the moment more than New champions. I'd pass for now

You could still open a generic 5* crystal though. This sounds like a completely separate crystal... like the dual crystals.
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    Yes, I'd want it.
    RaviDavi said:

Ofc many players would want it but it would not be profitable for Kabam, because then RNG won't work in their favor anymore. If you get a bunch of bad pulls then you will be more tempted to buy the one with less trash than the basic.
    And F2P will be even more tempted to because of less shards and less tries for good champs.

Not even a discussion, unless you've got plenty 5* and want dupes for more sig levels and shards (and ISO, but mainly ISO from 4* anyway)

Perhaps give a 6-month to 1-year wait period for featured fighters to be entered into this crystal? The game needs to cater to F2P players at least a little. Impatient people will still gamble in other crystals. My brother was F2P, but the RNG is so terrible that he eventually quit. Only paying players creates an expensive game for even the sometimes P2P players. What do you think?
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Yes, I'd want it.
    RaviDavi said:

Ofc many players would want it but it would not be profitable for Kabam, because then RNG won't work in their favor anymore. If you get a bunch of bad pulls then you will be more tempted to buy the one with less trash than the basics.

Given statistics, the chance at less desirable champs would be the same on average. The main difference is the player gets a champ they didn't have, meme or god. If a player kept pulling these, however, they'd be able to 'work towards' 'that champ'. The inability to pull 'that champ' and the repeated duping of unwanted champs has led to many players getting burned out.

That said, the profitability is the main issue here. Are those who leave for such reasons even profitable enough to warrant concern? How would such a crystal affect the income from dauntless champ chasing whales? These are things I don't know.
  • Options
    Yes, I'd want it.
    TheExit27 said:

RaviDavi said:

Perhaps give a 6-month to 1-year wait period for featured fighters to be entered into this crystal? The game needs to cater to F2P players at least a little. Impatient people will still gamble in other crystals. My brother was F2P, but the RNG is so terrible that he eventually quit. Only paying players creates an expensive game for even the sometimes P2P players. What do you think?
    I like optimism and I get what you mean, sadly Kabam won't go through the effort of doing that because it is a whole new concept.

Also, the past months the new released champs were above average and they were added into the basic pool, which gives players more chances to get good pulls.

And sadly you can see that Kabam has different ideas for what's the best for players, the Cyber Monday deals were terrible for Cavaliers, to mention one. (doesn't mean Kabam doesn't do good stuff too but I won't see it happen (anytime soon).
  • Options
    Yes, I'd want it.

RaviDavi said:

Ofc many players would want it but it would not be profitable for Kabam, because then RNG won't work in their favor anymore. If you get a bunch of bad pulls then you will be more tempted to buy the one with less trash than the basics.

Given statistics, the chance at less desirable champs would be the same on average. The main difference is the player gets a champ they didn't have, meme or god. If a player kept pulling these, however, they'd be able to 'work towards' 'that champ'. The inability to pull 'that champ' and the repeated duping of unwanted champs has led to many players getting burned out.

That said, the profitability is the main issue here. Are those who leave for such reasons even profitable enough to warrant concern? How would such a crystal affect the income from dauntless champ chasing whales? These are things I don't know.
    I fully agree with you on the first paragraph.

However Kabam is slowly buffing meme tier champions, which leads to less bad champions over the course of time.

Ngl, don't know what to say to the second paragraph :sweat_smile: it's too late in the evening to think so hard, save meeee.
  • Options
    ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    I am Groot! (Please elaborate)
    A no-dupe crystal would completely destroy the RNG element of the game. Say you have 153/173 (not accurate numbers, not looking to be accurate), and you still never scored your fabled Omega Red or Aegon. 20 crystals would GUARANTEE both.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Yes, I'd want it.
    This would make the game SOOOOO much more enjoyable. Making this crystal would give a better chance (kinda not really) of getting a good champ. But for the people who have really bad luck and open tons of crystals and just cant get that one champ, would give them some motivation to keep pushing. I feel like this will be a great move for kabam because then people won't rage and quit and would keep grinding their butt out.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yes, I'd want it.
    Would it be good for the game? That’s up for debate. Would I want it? Sure! I would love to stick up on some better mystics I have yet to pull so I can get those sweet V5 rewards.