**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss - Human Torch or Void?

PalistesPalistes Posts: 161 ★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Who is more useful for Abyss? Human Torch is one of the "horseman" but I see a lot of discussion about Void being a great counter for multiple fights.

Additionally, if Void is used, is Killmonger a solid fifth option for the synergy with Void and his usefulness in a fight or two, or is it better to go with Quake for the Fury synergy?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    I don't really know who's better for abyss, but you can always bring both if you've got space in your team
  • Options
    The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    I’d recommend both. Heimdal is another great option for the fifth. It’s definitely doable with either of them though.
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I'd say torch, and heimdall for 5th spot
  • Options
    Cool, thank you for the responses! Heimdall is a good suggestion. I feel like Human Torch and Void fill the same roles though. Why both?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    For the entire Abyss, I only used Torch seriously for 1 fight and that was Deadpool. Every other fight that Torch is recommended for (mystics mostly), I used Void. If I were to go through it again, I'd probably do it the same and use Void over Torch because Void covers more ground. Namely, the Cable, Joe Fixit, Hulk Ragnorak, and Sym Supreme fights. Out of all those ones (the primary reason for using Void is reversing regen/powergain and for that Torch can do it, but Void's is easier and less stressful to keep up), the only one I would have preferred to use Torch for was Sym Supreme solely for his Flame On ability.
  • Options
    Thank you @StevieManWonder for the detailed response! Much appreciated!
  • Options
    And @StevieManWonder, who were your other champions? Any general tips or suggestions?
  • Options
    rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    I found myself wanting void for more reliable heal reversal but thats just me. Torch put in work but void would've been so much better on the joe fixit fight,vtd,and Howard. But again everyone has a different opinion this is just mine
  • Options
    Yeah, I kind of feel like Torch got called a horseman by a YouTuber, but based on my research, I feel like Void is more useful. Is that true? And does the Killmomger synergy really help in saving units?
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I actually brought them in both. Human Torch was good for these fights ; SS, Mordo, Mephisto, Mr. Sinister, morning star , Loki , Deadpool.
    Most mystics champs in there are like 5 mil. So it helps a ton when you know you have an easy fight coming.

Void helped me for the following fights: IMIW 15%, ghulk, darkhawk.

With that being said ghulk is a pain without void and torch could reverse his regen as well.

I would say torch was more helpful to me. Void definitely could have done most of the fights except the Deadpool one , but in the abyss I would pay the extra units to finish 3-4 fights quicker.
  • Options
    Good info; thank you @Texas_11! Much appreciated!
  • Options
    Thank you all! I appreciate the feedback! Anyone want to weigh in on the usefulness of Killmomger?
  • Options
    Anyone got an average unit amount and health pot/revive stash used?
  • Options
    I know that is wildly subjective, but I would appreciate any input about that too, @GinjabredMonsta.
  • Options
    Palistes said:

And @StevieManWonder, who were your other champions? Any general tips or suggestions?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/210453/abyss-100-review-and-advice#latest
    There’s a link to my 100% Abyss review and advice thread. In it, you’ll find breakdowns of each fight and the total unit cost.
  • Options

Anyone got an average unit amount and health pot/revive stash used?

Depending on skill, anywhere between 3-8K