**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Two R5s or One R2?

Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips

Hey Guys,
As you can see by my roster, I only have two R5s, I have 4 t5b (and no shards for a fifth), and i'm wondering if I should R2 a 6* (probably corvus), or take two 5*s up. Two 5*s would probably immediately help me more, but a R2 corvus or warlock would definitely be great and bring me closer to having an r3. I only have about 10-15% of an t5cc, so should i wait to worry about that until later and not bring up corvus because I really value his awakened ability?

Sorry to be confusing, but here are the possible worthy candidates:

6* Corvus, 6* Warlock, 5* Aegon (sig 107), 5* Ghost (sig 32), 5* Venom, maybe 5* daredevil netflix?

I'm leaning Aegon and Ghost. I've barely used Aegon, Ghost (I know she is hard to learn too), and daredevil.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I have completed 6.1 and V5 but haven't attempted anything past either of those.

Two R5s or One R2? 47 votes

R2 Corvus
12%
LastPlayerXHendrossDenzel116DarkDuelistŘïdđhįmVictorD 6 votes
R2 Warlock
29%
Kamikaze_TurtleOsfan8DocBClynevaJAATKINGJerkobsonThoye3NockoXguard77TheMailmannZan0EtherealityWardizzleSilverState 14 votes
R5 Aegon & Ghost (and learn how to use them)
53%
Noodes_WarBros23WorknprogressMoot4LifeManar198xLPH_337Mrwarren96MeebletonEtjamaIron_Patriot_is_litMetalJakeMasterpuffSoar2878Charlie21540AouxWouxCanucks37SaltE_Wenis69MrGreekCrcrcrccentennial 25 votes
R5 Venom and one of the other options
2%
jscott96 1 vote
R5 Daredevil Netflix and one of the other options
0%
Some other combination of two R5s
2%
Yodabolt21 1 vote
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Some other combination of two R5s
    Hyperion and Ghost....
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Ghost and start saving another T5B for Warlock imo.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Aegon, Omega (if awakened and high sig), Ghost, Hyperion, Venom, Magik, Symbiote Supreme, Domino, OG Vision (if awakened and high sig) and Red Hulk, are all good r5 options.
    Choose those you like the most and rank them up 🙂
  • Options
    TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    edited December 2020
    R2 Warlock
    which champ do you use the most? both of your 6 star options are really good unduped so taking both of them to R2 won’t be a waste. R5 Aegon will help you in a lot of content, especially Abyss if you wanna get thronebreaker title at some point. R5 Ghost will also help you complete act 6 easily if you’re good at using her.

i’ll usually take champs who need sig ability to R5 and only take 6 star champs who are good unduped to R2. 10-15% is still very far from forming a T5CC and it will be quite long before you’ll be able to form one so Aegon and Ghost to R5 will be helpful first i think. even after completing act 6 you still won’t have enough for a whole T5CC
  • Options
    Hey all, thanks for the comments! I see allot of people are split, I'm glad I have good options to choose from. As far as my favorites, Aegon and Ghost are new so I don't know them well, Corvus and Warlock were actually my first two max 4*s so I know them really well and enjoy them both (Corvus is just really limited at times but i love him), and Venom I have used allot but think he probably doesn't quite match up to the rest. I haven't used hyperion or magik more than like five fights in my life so I don't know them at all
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    R2 Warlock
    With a small r5 roster I almost always suggest sticking with 5*'s. But r2 Warlock can clear so much content for you that it's too good to pass up.

Other thoughts...

Aegon isn't a necessary rankup for you right now - LoL rewards aren't worth it in today's meta, and you have a long way to go before AoL is realistic. Think about ranking him up when you get close to 6.3 though.

Learn to use Ghost before you r5 her. The mechanics are the same at r1 as they are at r5...so just practice.

Corvus is really tempting...but Warlock has so much use and utility I lean towards him.

Also, start ranking up that Omega Red. You need to carry him around for Collosus so at least get him to r4.
  • Options
    AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    You will not regret ranking up ghost and aegon. Ghost is for every content there is. But aegon on the other hand, you can use him for full LOL exploration within 3k units. He will also help you a lot in late act 6. He could be your ticket to abyss as well.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Take up sorcerer supreme.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    R2 Warlock
    Really tough choices . I say Warlock because 6* are the future, he doesn't need to be awakened and he triumphs over Corvus in sheer utility and immunities . So between those two Warlock is the no brainer.

Having said this though, well played/high sig Aegon and Ghost coukd potentially help you clear more content than Warlock would...

Either way you cant go wrong. Both of the above options you wont regret.

Forget about DD Netflix, the pre-reviews show him kinda underwhelming.

• Options
    I see allot of people are saying warlock over corvus if I choose to go with a 6*, can I ask though, who needs to be taken up more to be relevant? The reason I was thinking corvus is because at r1 getting him persistent charges is really difficult in hard content. I figured he probably needs to ratings boost more than Warlock because warlock can still manage at a lower level just slower fights. Am i missing something?

Also, my omega red is sig 1 and r3 and i don't fight with him much at all, but i put him in every team because of his colossus synergy, should i r4 him even though I don't have suicides or high sig since i bring him along anyways?
  • Options
    fchskmfchskm Posts: 166
    Your 6* luck is so high...